Ben 10: Omniverse Forums

Saturday 9:00 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Stop hating on Omniverse!

perualonso1

[1]Aug 11, 2013
    • level: 18

What's wrong with you people? All this bashing on Omniverse is out of control!

Omniverse was first announced on TV and the internet but does anyone say things like "Best Ben 10 remake yet!" or "I can't wait to see it."? Does anyone mark their calendars for the day it begins? No!

You're all "blah blah blah Ben 10, blah blah blah bad remake, blah blah blah hate it"!

You call your disdain for the remake an opinion? I call it bashing!

If anyone does not hate this remake of Ben 10, feel free to respond.

Like I said, the disdain is too much.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[2]Aug 23, 2013
    • level: 28
    I actually like Omniverse. I don't see it see being that different from the other Ben series to be honest. I'm even used to the animation at this point. The story arcs are entertaining to me. I interested in seeing how they use Vilgax. Omniverse is the best series in terms on how many alien heroes they use per episode. That won me over. I do feel like the hate Omniverse is out of control. The show has faults, but it has good qualities too.

edmasterchaos

[3]Aug 26, 2013
    • level: 41

UAF went down in a plight of crappiness, this is easily on par with OS.

Fourarms10

[4]Aug 27, 2013
    • level: 24
    Some people hate it because they say it's too whacky and over the top. Much more than the original series. I have to agree on some parts, but when it comes to the main story arc, it becomes more serious. It's just that when you make two Darker and Edgier shows that mature with the characters, you don't just throw it all away.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Sep 14, 2013

Fourarms10 wrote:
    Some people hate it because they say it's too whacky and over the top. Much more than the original series. I have to agree on some parts, but when it comes to the main story arc, it becomes more serious. It's just that when you make two Darker and Edgier shows that mature with the characters, you don't just throw it all away.
    True. I liked AF and UA for maturing the original series and making the franchise darker. I can see why people don't like Omniverse's lighter and more whacky shade. I do think the hate has gotten out of hand to point where a lot people refuse to acknowledge any good points to this show at all and a lot of misplaced blame on this show devolving Ben. That's false. The final season of AF and most of UA are what devolved Ben's character. The glory hounding, insensitivity, self-absorb nature all came back on UA run. Kevin and Gwen being reduced to secondary characters is odd.

AF reduced Max to secondary character and brought back Kevin 11 a villain as a hero with no explanation for the incredibly change of character until UA 3 years after AF first premiered. I hear the aliens are stupid and childish unlike AF/UA, which get ridiculous because a early criticism of AF was getting rid off all the previous aliens for 10 new ones that had the same powers except weird combinations. I understand preferring McDuffie era of Ben 10 and hate Omniverse, but at the same time it feels like people have forgotten AF/UA weren't as perfect or excellent as they remember it. The hate for Omniverse for drastically changing things is hypocritical when you realize AF/UA writers changed a lot of stuff from OS for their show, a lot of it unnecessary as people who feel Omniverse changes were unnecessary. Forever Knights went from serious villains to running joke under McDuffie's watch. The last season of UA the knights were largely jokes or useless. Vilgax went comical in AF/UA series as well, you can't blame that on Omniverse either. Omniverse isn't perfect and people don't have to like it, but I feel like people are just being unfair and a lot of the faults they have in it were in UA like Ben's increased ego and immaturity.

Fourarms10

[6]Sep 24, 2013
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Fourarms10 wrote:
    True. I liked AF and UA for maturing the original series and making the franchise darker. I can see why people don't like Omniverse's lighter and more whacky shade. I do think the hate has gotten out of hand to point where a lot people refuse to acknowledge any good points to this show at all and a lot of misplaced blame on this show devolving Ben. That's false. The final season of AF and most of UA are what devolved Ben's character. The glory hounding, insensitivity, self-absorb nature all came back on UA run. Kevin and Gwen being reduced to secondary characters is odd.

AF reduced Max to secondary character and brought back Kevin 11 a villain as a hero with no explanation for the incredibly change of character until UA 3 years after AF first premiered. I hear the aliens are stupid and childish unlike AF/UA, which get ridiculous because a early criticism of AF was getting rid off all the previous aliens for 10 new ones that had the same powers except weird combinations. I understand preferring McDuffie era of Ben 10 and hate Omniverse, but at the same time it feels like people have forgotten AF/UA weren't as perfect or excellent as they remember it. The hate for Omniverse for drastically changing things is hypocritical when you realize AF/UA writers changed a lot of stuff from OS for their show, a lot of it unnecessary as people who feel Omniverse changes were unnecessary. Forever Knights went from serious villains to running joke under McDuffie's watch. The last season of UA the knights were largely jokes or useless. Vilgax went comical in AF/UA series as well, you can't blame that on Omniverse either. Omniverse isn't perfect and people don't have to like it, but I feel like people are just being unfair and a lot of the faults they have in it were in UA like Ben's increased ego and immaturity.

Oh and don't forget. The worst thing about Alien Force was Ben constantly shouting out the aliens' names because "It would help kids remember their names easier," said McDuffie. The shouting names was the stupidest idea in the franchise above reducing Max to a supporting role in AF and UA and reducing Gwen and Kevin to secondary characters. For Omniverse however, why didn't they just go up a year so Kevin can go to college, and it can be a Ben, Gwen, Rook team. After seeing catch a falling star, and Ben/Gwen duo would have been cool too. I agree with you on some of the hate on Omniverse though. Some people just hate for the sake of hating. It almost reminds me of some Resident Evil 6 reviews.

emmanuelburne

[7]Oct 3, 2013
    • level: 1

To be honest AF/UA were the worst idea ever. Besides the fact those two series ruin Ben's character while OV improved his character and the entire show.

Both AF/UA are still one of the most hated series of the Ben 10 franchise.

Edited on 10/03/2013 11:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Fourarms10

[8]Oct 4, 2013
    emmanuelburne wrote:

To be honest AF/UA were the worst idea ever. Besides the fact those two series ruin Ben's character while OV improved his character and the entire show.

How exactly does maturing a character while he ages up 5 years a bad thing? Alien Force seasons one and two had Ben being much more mature than the rest of the series. And it made sense considering he had to stop a war. Do you honestly expect a 16 year old to still be acting like an 11 year old let alone 10 year old?

emmanuelburne

[9]Oct 4, 2013
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    emmanuelburne wrote:

How exactly does maturing a character while he ages up 5 years a bad thing? Alien Force seasons one and two had Ben being much more mature than the rest of the series. And it made sense considering he had to stop a war. Do you honestly expect a 16 year old to still be acting like an 11 year old let alone 10 year old?

Ben being mature was a goodthing, but i do believe they could of still keep his OS personality and still make him an mature character. Ben was bland and boring in the AF/UA series and that wasn't a goodthing either.

bluecatcinema

[10]Oct 6, 2013
    • level: 61
    What really hacks me off are all the ones who rant on about the animation style. I actually like a lot of character redesigns. It makes them stand out a little more.

Fourarms10

[11]Oct 6, 2013
    emmanuelburne wrote:
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    emmanuelburne wrote:

Ben being mature was a goodthing, but i do believe they could of still keep his OS personality and still make him an mature character. Ben was bland and boring in the AF/UA series and that wasn't a goodthing either.
    What are you talking about? Alien Force Season 3 tried to make him too much like his 10 year old self to the point where it was just annoying. Ultimate Alien attempted to balance it out in some places, but it failed in some episodes. I just don't see how you think being mature is boring and bland. Take a look at Zuko. He was the most mature in his group yet he was still a very interesting character.

emmanuelburne

[12]Oct 7, 2013
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    emmanuelburne wrote:
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    emmanuelburne wrote:

What are you talking about? Alien Force Season 3 tried to make him too much like his 10 year old self to the point where it was just annoying. Ultimate Alien attempted to balance it out in some places, but it failed in some episodes. I just don't see how you think being mature is boring and bland. Take a look at Zuko. He was the most mature in his group yet he was still a very interesting character.

I said Ben being mature was a good idea, but they should of keep his interesting OS personalty and no i'm not saying he need to act like his 10-year old self to be an interesting character, but AF/UA didn't do a very good with Ben's character.

A character need to be both mature and interesting which is something AF/UA fail to do, also Zuko has nothing to do with Ben 10 since he is another character on a very different show.

Fourarms10

[13]Oct 7, 2013

emmanuelburne wrote:
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    emmanuelburne wrote:
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    emmanuelburne wrote:

I said Ben being mature was a good idea, but they should of keep his interesting OS personalty and no i'm not saying he need to act like his 10-year old self to be an interesting character, but AF/UA didn't do a very good with Ben's character. A character need to be both mature and interesting which is something AF/UA fail to do, also Zuko has nothing to do with Ben 10 since he is another character on a very different show.
    I'm still not seeing how you think he's flat out boring then. As for Zuko, I used him as a character example not for relevancy to the series.

RaizenYusuke

[14]Oct 8, 2013

I think he finds Ben's personality in AF/UA boring, but likes him more in OV. It's not unheard of. Not everyone liked Ben's personality in first 2 seasons of AF. Ben's a weird character for me. There were episodes I liked him OS and other episodes were he was total brat that I disliked. But he was 10 years old and he did mature over the course of the series. In AF/UA was the same thing for me as well. Some episodes he was great and others he was horrible. I feel the same way about OV as well.

Fourarms10

[15]Oct 9, 2013
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I think he finds Ben's personality in AF/UA boring, but likes him more in OV. It's not unheard of. Not everyone liked Ben's personality in first 2 seasons of AF. Ben's a weird character for me. There were episodes I liked him OS and other episodes were he was total brat that I disliked. But he was 10 years old and he did mature over the course of the series. In AF/UA was the same thing for me as well. Some episodes he was great and others he was horrible. I feel the same way about OV as well.

Ah yes much better. Ben is definitely a very weird character indeed. Everyone changes, and it sticks. This guy is like a roller coaster. The writers need to make up their minds on how they want him.