Ben 10: Omniverse

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

bluecatcinema

Ben 10: Omniverse Fan Reviews (81)

5.4
  • Freakin awesome, sad it had to go

Before anyone calls me a child with no grasp of the matter, I'm 17 and have watched Ben 10 since childhood. The original series will always be the best. But Omniverse comes close second.

AF and UA diverge so much from the original series that it slowly got me disinterested. but Omniverse brings back what made it great. They put so much effort into making Omniverse a continuation of the original. Examples:

-Kevin's a human again

-Gwen goes by Gwendolyn in college (Like she said in the first series)

-Ben marries Kai

Those are just a few. Also, others have griped about the animation style. Yes, it has moved away from anything in the past shows. But while the actual cartoon may be very different, the level of animation has gone up. The movement is much more fluid than AF and UA. And it's awesome to watch.

I also personally loved the stories. Well written, and well voice-acted (yuri really seems like he had a blast doin it), this show was fun to watch and hear.

Also, the aliens look like aliens again! They're not lookin like humans in superhero suits anymore, like in AF and UA (I'm lookin at you, Big Chill, Swampfire, Chromastone, . Not only that, but designs have changed to make every alien look more like an extra terrestrial.

Many many references to past and future Ben, which is absolutely fantastic. Nostalgic fans will love the random episodes that show younger Ben.

Theme song is kinda childish. But the soundtrack for the show itself, I think is very fitting, and I enjoyed when things got a little serious.

Loved this show. Leagues ahead of Alien Force and Ultimate Alien