Ben 10: Ultimate Alien

Basic Training

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Apr 01, 2011 on Cartoon Network

• Pretty Good Episode.

This was also pretty interesting to. New characters and new aliens. The only thing that i didn't like was Ben's disrespect towards his commander even though he was a jerk. But this episode brought up a lot of good points. Sure Ben is the wielder of the Omnitrix and Ultimatrix but there have been times when they were taken away from him by Vilgax and Albedo. And when they were taken away from him he was helpless, since he doesn't have any original powers and stuff. I also liked how this episode showed character development in Keven. It showed how much being a Plumber really meant to him. Which it was surprising to see Kevin holding back Ben instead of the other way round.
  • this episode reminds me that the biggest flaw that this series has is that it has a terrible role model for the main character.

One thing I very much dislike about Ben is his sense of entitlement. Yes he has saved the universe but that doesn't mean that he can just treat people however he wants.

My brother is in the army and he would agree that in basic training you never treat a superior officer the way that Ben does. He's snappy, he sends him glares, he argues. there are people in this world such as your teachers, parents, boss, etc, that you just have to do what they say without complaint. It's not throwing away your dignity to let these people talk to you how they want and just take it without argue. That's what being a man is all about, taking the hard times, and in the end these people will respect you more for it.

This would have been a great lesson for Ben to learn but instead he cockily asked to be thanked and he is in the form of a medal. He shouldn't have been thanked, he was just doing the job he supposed to do. Does a person get up at sunrise on garbage day just to thank their garbage man for doing his job?

It sickens me that the kids who watch this show and idolize Ben are going to want to be like him. I'll say it again. He is a terrible role model.