Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2012)

Bye Bye Ultimatrix and hello new Omnitrix

RaizenYusuke

[1]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 28

http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Third_Omnitrix

Ben gets a new Omnitrix (again) for the new series. Not sad to see the Ulimatrix go mostly because I think it means the Ultimate alien function will go with it.

Edited on 03/24/2012 2:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fourarms10

[2]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 24
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Ben gets a new Omnitrix (again) for the new series. Not sad to see the Ulimatrix go mostly because I think it means the Ultimate alien function will go with it.

Lol I already found this page (I made it) a while ago. But anyway. I wonder if in the next series they make a fourth Omnitrix. Yea I also find the evolution feature to be stupid. There weren't even 10 Ult forms. They shouldn't have created a whole new series. They should've just kept it with Alien Force because the Ultimatrix seemed senseless since its not as powerful as the Omnitrix.

syrusfan

[3]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 38

Eh, looks kind of bland design wise, but at least we won't see more Ultimates. No points to those really.

Endoplasmic888

[4]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 7
    I like the ultimates.

Wonder what the new omnitrix does.

edmasterchaos

[5]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 41

Fourarms10 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Lol I already found this page (I made it) a while ago. But anyway. I wonder if in the next series they make a fourth Omnitrix. Yea I also find the evolution feature to be stupid. There weren't even 10 Ult forms. They shouldn't have created a whole new series. They should've just kept it with Alien Force because the Ultimatrix seemed senseless since its not as powerful as the Omnitrix.
    It's not even a new series, really, they just changed the subtitle.

Anyway, i guess the new omnitrix looks ok.

RaizenYusuke

[6]Mar 25, 2012

I want the evolution function gone because it means no Ultimate Ben. Ultimate Ben I found to be completely pointless. He can use the other aliens powers in human form, which I don't really like if it replaces all the alien forms.What made me sick is that everyone in the series keeps acting like Ultimate Ben is incredible transformation that beats all the other transformation despite not having any real unique feature to him at all.

The other Ultimate aliens I don't have a problem with. It is just that Ben only used the evolution function on a few of his aliens. It is not enough to justify keeping the function. With such a large selection of alien forms now he can switch out into another alien if one can't get the job done rather than evolving them. The evolution feature would have been better the original series and Alien Force when Ben was limited to10 or 12aliens, thus making leveling or powering them up more viable.

Fourarms10

[7]Mar 25, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I want the evolution function gone because it means no Ultimate Ben. Ultimate Ben I found to be completely pointless. He can use the other aliens powers in human form, which I don't really like if it replaces all the alien forms.What made me sick is that everyone in the series keeps acting like Ultimate Ben is incredible transformation that beats all the other transformation despite not having any real unique feature to him at all.

The other Ultimate aliens I don't have a problem with. It is just that Ben only used the evolution function on a few of his aliens. It is not enough to justify keeping the function. With such a large selection of alien forms now he can switch out into another alien if one can't get the job done rather than evolving them. The evolution feature would have been better the original series and Alien Force when Ben was limited to10 or 12aliens, thus making leveling or powering them up more viable.

Exactly. That's why they shouldn't have come up with Ultimate Forms and naming the series Ultimate Alien. They should've just kept it as Alien Force instead of making a whole new series.

Fourarms10

[8]Mar 25, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

Fourarms10 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

It's not even a new series, really, they just changed the subtitle.

Anyway, i guess the new omnitrix looks ok.

True. The characters had no changes despite the fact that nearly 2 years have passed throughout the span of AF & UA.

pokemonmonmon

[9]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 5

RaizenYusuke wrote:

well said

RaizenYusuke

[10]Mar 25, 2012

Fourarms10 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Exactly. That's why they shouldn't have come up with Ultimate Forms and naming the series Ultimate Alien. They should've just kept it as Alien Force instead of making a whole new series.
    I agree 100%. This series honestly felt like Alien Force and not a sequel. Alien Force felt like a genuine sequel to the original with all the changes in writing and story. But I think CN is at fault for Ulimate Alien. I think they ordered a new Ben 10 series and passed on continuing Alien Force, so the writers probably just went along with it and stuck a new lego on it. CN is just ordering new Ben 10 series before they even have a full run done. Ben 10 Omniverse was ordered when season 2 of UA wasn't even half wa done.

I think they do that because Ben 10 is a series where you can put a whole bunch or new weapons/items/aliens that it is set up for a rich toy products to sale to kids. Making a new series based on a new Omnitrix with new features gives them a excuse to make even more new toys to sale. The writers for AF/UA went out of their way to say Azmuth does not like the evolution function (despite the fact they put it in there themselves) hinting that the next Omnitrix would not have it. It feels like the writers were forced to make the Ultimatrix and the Evolution function by CN.

Fourarms10

[11]Mar 27, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Fourarms10 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I agree 100%. This series honestly felt like Alien Force and not a sequel. Alien Force felt like a genuine sequel to the original with all the changes in writing and story. But I think CN is at fault for Ulimate Alien. I think they ordered a new Ben 10 series and passed on continuing Alien Force, so the writers probably just went along with it and stuck a new lego on it. CN is just ordering new Ben 10 series before they even have a full run done. Ben 10 Omniverse was ordered when season 2 of UA wasn't even half wa done.

I think they do that because Ben 10 is a series where you can put a whole bunch or new weapons/items/aliens that it is set up for a rich toy products to sale to kids. Making a new series based on a new Omnitrix with new features gives them a excuse to make even more new toys to sale. The writers for AF/UA went out of their way to say Azmuth does not like the evolution function (despite the fact they put it in there themselves) hinting that the next Omnitrix would not have it. It feels like the writers were forced to make the Ultimatrix and the Evolution function by CN.

You've got a point there. Since CN makes the demands, the writers have to agree with them or else they could end up losing their job(s)