Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2012)

"Couples Retreat" Episode Talkback

RaizenYusuke

[41]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 28
    nyfan wrote:

The late McDuffie said Darkstar was the most dangerious villain. I think they were trying to empathise that in this episode, because Gwen was worried about Darkstar taking over Ledgerdormain. She was more concerned with him having that power than Charmcaster the person that you know killed her and her friends, if you count the alternative time line, killed her twice. Now that is saying something, that is a compliment to Darkstar like him or not.

This episode did the exact opposite for me. Darkstar was at his worst. He sneak out of bed to open a door and came up with the worst lie ever that was far from the silver tongue bastard who manipulated Team Tennyson and the Plumbers in Alien Force. His plans are becoming painfully obvious that his enemies can easily stop him. If Charmcaster wasn't so desperate for companionship she would have seen through his poor deception sooner and kicked him out when he tried to run. He is becoming danergously ineffective for my tastes. He is wasting his potential.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nyfan

[42]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 20

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    nyfan wrote:

The late McDuffie said Darkstar was the most dangerious villain. I think they were trying to empathise that in this episode, because Gwen was worried about Darkstar taking over Ledgerdormain. She was more concerned with him having that power than Charmcaster the person that you know killed her and her friends, if you count the alternative time line, killed her twice. Now that is saying something, that is a compliment to Darkstar like him or not.

This episode did the exact opposite for me. Darkstar was at his worst. He sneak out of bed to open a door and came up with the worst lie ever that was far from the silver tongue bastard who manipulated Team Tennyson and the Plumbers in Alien Force. His plans are becoming painfully obvious that his enemies can easily stop him. If Charmcaster wasn't so desperate for companionship she would have seen through his poor deception sooner and kicked him out when he tried to run. He is becoming danergously ineffective for my tastes. He is wasting his potential.

Well I didn't say they succeed. Just that is what the writers were going for. So I guess they failed in your eyes.

perualonso1

[43]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    nyfan wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Dork-star is thelamest villain yet! He annoys me as much as Al-bozo and Dr. Looney-mo do!

TimeHeroLink

[44]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 10

Well, Animo and Albedo were always supposed to be annoying/funny/pathetic, so their cases aren't as bad as Darkstar, who started out totally competant.

RaizenYusuke

[45]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 28

nyfan wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    nyfan wrote:

This episode did the exact opposite for me. Darkstar was at his worst. He sneak out of bed to open a door and came up with the worst lie ever that was far from the silver tongue bastard who manipulated Team Tennyson and the Plumbers in Alien Force. His plans are becoming painfully obvious that his enemies can easily stop him. If Charmcaster wasn't so desperate for companionship she would have seen through his poor deception sooner and kicked him out when he tried to run. He is becoming dangerously ineffective for my tastes. He is wasting his potential.

Well I didn't say they succeed. Just that is what the writers were going for. So I guess they failed in your eyes.

There is a episode of Samuri Jack that comes to mind. The main villain Aku after many failed attempts to kill Jack he disguises himself as an old man. He tells Jack about two magically gauntlets belonging to some god or titan with promise of using it to kill Aku. Long story short they get through all the trials and Jack gives the weapon to Aku. Not surprisingly he revealed himself to Jack and starts mocking Jack on handing him the weapon he will use to kill Jack.

However, when he tries to use the weapon he notices something was wrong with it. Turns out Jack messed with it before he gave it to Aku. Jack gave his own speech about how desperate Aku has become to destroy him that he is becoming predictable, his plans are becoming less elaborate and more obvious. He knew along that it was Aku, but just played along to get close enough to kill Aku. Of course the battle ends with Akurunning away.That speechapplies to Darkstar to me.

nyfan

[46]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 20

Another thing I forgot to mention about this. From a Darkstar's prospective, I thought he randomly saying girl name that starts with "h" was funny, it was funny seeing him act like a buffon. But in all seriousness, it is sad if you pay attention closely to Charmcaster history. Her real name was something she closely guarded and keep hidden. It was something she would only reveal to someone she trusted or cared about, it was sacred to her. And what happened afterwords, makes more angry at Darkstar, it was a one sylibal name, it is not that hard to remember you idiot.

gdan95

[47]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 29
    Yeah, it is pretty disappointing.