Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2012)

Night of the Living Nightmare episode Talkback

Fourarms10

[1]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 24

Plot is unknown, but it is a real episode.

Edit: Albedo uses a creature that causes bad dreams in its victim's head.

Edited on 03/10/2012 3:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LAT98

[2]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 4

I heard it is about Vilgax combining with the Lucubra.

Fourarms10

[3]Mar 4, 2012
    I bet it has to do with ghostfreak.

Endoplasmic888

[4]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 7

I read it has something to do with Albedo freeing Zk'Skahr (or however you spell it. Ghostfreak in other words) from the Ultimatrix

Edited on 03/04/2012 4:04pm

readapost

[5]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 14
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    I bet it has to do with ghostfreak.
    More then likely. Remember when I said the show was just hitting a rough patch? Just pretend I was sick that day.

gdan95

[6]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 29
    According to the Ben 10 wiki, "Albedo gets into Ben's head and brings his nastiest nightmares to life."

syrusfan

[7]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 38

Well Ghostfreak is always nice to see again. I'm actually looking forward to this one.

readapost

[8]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 14
    gdan95 wrote:
    According to the Ben 10 wiki, "Albedo gets into Ben's head and brings his nastiest nightmares to life."
    Hmm I wonder what that would be like? Julie as a clown?

gdan95

[9]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 29
    readapost wrote:
    gdan95 wrote:
    Hmm I wonder what that would be like? Julie as a clown?
    He got over his fear of clowns, didn't he?

nyfan

[10]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 20

This could be the darkest episode yet, and that is something giving the recent episodes before last week. It will be hard to top those episodes in the darkness depressing department, but we will see if they are up to the challenge.

Edit: So Albeto got foiled by his own clumisness in the first minute, and this whole episode was his nightmare. Pretty pethic Albedo.

Edited on 03/10/2012 6:49am

syrusfan

[11]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 38

Albedo's plan reminded me a lot of Enoch's from the original series. It was nice to see Ben beating up his enemies, even if they were just dream figures.

ZoneHero

[12]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 19
    syrusfan wrote:

Albedo's plan reminded me a lot of Enoch's from the original series. It was nice to see Ben beating up his enemies, even if they were just dream figures.

A better example would be Alan Moore's Superman story "For the Man Who has Everything". I think they're making the "references" and "allusions" to other comics a little too obvious recently, like that country guy in FrankenBen's body is like Dr. Doom, transparent evil bad guy who gets away with everything with diplomatic immunity....

.... and if the set up was true... how could Albedo know about Hex? The other baddies, he could hear heard about, but I doubt Hex was ever om the Plumber's Most Wanted list...

Fourarms10

[13]Mar 10, 2012
    This is got to be one of the lamest episodes of the series, but once more, it still beats MOAV (Mother of all Vreedles). First reason is...Fasttrack! Friggen Fasttrack. Albedo uses him, then Ben uses him. Either one of them could've used XLR8 to show a true Fasttrack vs XLR8 moment but Nooo. Second, then turn Albedo into a gag villain. He used to be a smart and threatening opponent. Now he's just another dumb villain used for filler episodes. They did something like this to Vilgax, but their own created villain? Unacceptable. Third, Ben's "I kicked your butt everytime" was just plain BS. Yes he's beaten Albedo, but not without external help, he's never beaten him one on one before. The only few remaining things that redeemed the episode was the fact that someone FINALLY calls Ben out on how he really is and that he doesn't have to work for anything to get what he wants. And once more, Julie somewhat gets hit again. This episodes started off good until Fasttrack and Ben's speech killed it.

nyfan

[14]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 20

ZoneHero wrote:
    how could Albedo know about Hex? The other baddies, he could hear heard about, but I doubt Hex was ever om the Plumber's Most Wanted list...

Well Vilgax is the only baddie he has meet. The same can be said of Aggregor and even Ghostfreak. But like you said those would have made the Plumbers most wanted list.

Speaking of which, when you first saw the hitchhiker, am I the only one who thought the cape was a dead give away?, who else wears a cape, Hex has some unique sense of fashion, I give him that.

Endoplasmic888

[15]Mar 10, 2012
    I found Albedo really out of character. He never usually attacks Ben for the hell of it, he usually has an ulterior motive. I mean he could have been after the Ultimatrix, but why would he want it? He can transform to aliens on his own.

Also disliking an episode because of Fasttrack is very shallow. It's one of my favourite episodes in UA

ZoneHero

[16]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 19

Fourarms10 wrote:
    then turn Albedo into a gag villain. He used to be a smart and threatening opponent. Now he's just another dumb villain used for filler episodes. They did something like this to Vilgax, but their own created villain? Unacceptable. Third, Ben's "I kicked your butt everytime" was just plain BS. Yes he's beaten Albedo, but not without external help, he's never beaten him one on one before. The only few remaining things that redeemed the episode was the fact that someone FINALLY calls Ben out on how he really is and that he doesn't have to work for anything to get what he wants.
    Yeah, Sakura from Naruto had better luck than Albedo. Heck, even Dr. light from Teen Titans had more luck. And again, it's a good point that Ben always had help. Has there even been an episode where Ben had to work on his own? I mean, he is flawed, but he does come off as a Gary Stu recently... which reminds me, has that incident with the Red and Blue aliens ever come back to bite him in the bite? That was his biggest failure ever and yet it seem to have fallen off continuity.
    Endoplasmic888 wrote:
    Also disliking an episode because of Fasttrack is very shallow. It's one of my favourite episodes in UA
    It's just that Fastrack, compared to the other aliens on Ben's watch, is kinda bland. A blue spiky humanoid that goes fast... that's it. Does he go the speed of light? Can he run across the west coast to east within a few minute? Has Ben actually use his speed to do something other than just to run around? Does he use his speed to attack, like using momentum to make his punches stronger or cause tornadoes when he runs in circles? At least with XLR8, you have this techno-gecko with wheeled feet. And it's not really Fastrack that people has problem with, it's more of the fact he is been use a LOT compared to the other aliens recently, he has appearing for episode after episode.

Edited on 03/11/2012 10:28am

Fourarms10

[17]Mar 11, 2012
    Endoplasmic888 wrote:

You're entitled to your own opinion. I respect the fact that you like this episode so respect the fact that I don't. And I didn't say that was the only reason. Mostly it's because of Albedo's character derailment. This was one of the smartest and threatening villains only to stop him one minute after the episode's start. And just as ZoneHero said about the aliens. Fasttrack has appeared episode after episode. He's even going to be in the next one for for cryin' out loud!

RaizenYusuke

[18]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 28

Endoplasmic888 wrote:
    I found Albedo really out of character. He never usually attacks Ben for the hell of it, he usually has an ulterior motive. I mean he could have been after the Ultimatrix, but why would he want it? He can transform to aliens on his own. Also disliking an episode because of Fasttrack is very shallow. It's one of my favourite episodes in UA
    He can't stay in those forms for very long. His ultimate goal is to return to his normal self permenately. Albedo would need the Ultimatrix to fix the problem. The nightmare world was supposed to make Ben think he was unworthy of the Ulimatrix and give it to Albedo.

People gave otherreasons for disliking the episode though, Fasttrack is just one of the reasons. I liked it until the end when we find out Albedo slipped on Ben's drink and the entire episode was his nightmare. It was lame and weak. Like others have said Albedo used to be a good villain, but this is just sad. I found these latest episodes with the old villains to make them sad, except for Charmcaster. Darkstar and Albedo were my favorite AF villains so seeing them so incompetent bugs me. Fasttrack over use bugs me just like the over use of Cannonbolt in the original bugged me. He has a lot of different aliens. Why don't we see the monster trio, or Ben 10K aliens in the opening. I was happy we saw CharmAlien, AmpFiban, and Loadstar.

Endoplasmic888

[19]Mar 11, 2012
    I agree, Fasttrack is one of Ben's worst aliens and it annoys me when we see him all the time too. But I've found the writers go through "phases" where they overuse a certain alien during a certain period. I mean look at season 3 of AF, Diamondhead was the most used alien then, and he didn't appear at all during season 1 of UA. I guarantee once Omniverse starts, we won't be seeing much of him.

Still, I'd like to go 10 episodes without seeing Swampfire or Humongasaur. Those two annoy me

sion8

[20]Mar 11, 2012
    This episode was very confusing, since, the scene that shows Albedo slip was way after the whole nightmare was almost done other than that this episode was underwhelming.