Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2012)

The Ultimate Enemy Episode Discussion

Fourarms10

[21]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 24
    gdan95 wrote:
    Additionally, didn't Dagon say something about Gwen being the most powerful person on Earth?
    Yea he did. It goes to show that Gwen never uses her real powers and instead throws around some pink mana disks and throws up sheilds.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[22]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 28
    Gwen can't use her full power. Verdona said she needed the 75 years of training to use it. Diagona possess her can probably use her full power because he knows how to use it.

gdan95

[23]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 29
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    gdan95 wrote:
    Additionally, didn't Dagon say something about Gwen being the most powerful person on Earth?
    Yea he did. It goes to show that Gwen never uses her real powers and instead throws around some pink mana disks and throws up sheilds.
    Come on, it's not such a hopeless case. She is, after all, what many archetypes define as the "brains" of the team.

pokemonmonmon

[24]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 5

gdan95 wrote:
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    gdan95 wrote:
    Come on, it's not such a hopeless case. She is, after all, what many archetypes define as the "brains" of the team.
    well we also have to keep in mind that shes been training since childhood but isrepetitiousin the things she does with her magic. at least when she was still a kid she was trying different spells in battle or even for everyday activities. not sure if this is a fair comparison or not but raven from teen titans was pretty much in the same position as gwen in the sense that shes the most powerful being on earth and has also been training with her magic since childhood. i think its safe to say gwen is older than raven yet raven uses her magic better. personally, i blame bad writing lol

Flashheat

[25]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 13

gdan95 wrote:
    Fourarms10 wrote:
    Endoplasmic888 wrote:

Flashheat wrote:
    Wonder what Vilgax had his second-in-command bring.
    Probably something to make him go back to his original form. Or something to absorb Diagon.

Well...
    Remember that machine in the Alien Force season 3 premiere that he used to drain Ultimos' powers? He's gonna use that on Dagon.

Holy crap I completely forgot about that.

DBTrilogy100

[26]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 7

After the events of last week's episode, Part I of Ultimate Alien's Season 2 (and Series) Finale air (written by Matt Wayne)!

*The Finale kicks off with the war between the Forever Knights and the Flame Keeper's Circle continuing with battle couple, Gwen and Kevin thrown in the mix! Still a very intense battle royal!

*Back in the cave we pick up where the previous episode left off, Ben (as Heat Blast) and George watch as Vilgax (fused with the Lucubra) gloats that Diagon's Realm opens up!

*Gwen and Kevin catch up to Ben and George, just in time for Vilgax to laugh evily about something that is going to happen soon...

*Uh oh, those energy waves look dangerous! Good thing Gwen put up a force field to protect the 4 of them!

*The Energy Waves hit the fighters just outside the cave and...

*Uh oh, those energy waves turn people into FKC Members! Diagon is definitely trying to gain the upper hand!

*The waves are now infecting the rest of the world! Good thing Ship's "armor mode" protected Julie from the waves! The fact that they all look exactly identical (including height and weight) makes it all the more unsettling. I'd say Jimmy and his mom's transformation was probably the creepiest! Then again, seeing that baby carriage get hit by the energy waves leaves a bit of Fridge Horror...

*Kevin figures out that the metal of the armor George wears was what protected him from Diagon's influence. George declares all he needs is Azmuth's Sword, Kevin admires his courage.

*Gwen and Kevin head off to find any other ways to stop Diagon's return, while Ben and George stay to fight Vilgax! Ben transforms into...Eatle.

*The battle with Vilgax leads them into the buildings of Diagon's Realm. Those buildings remind me of ones I've seen else where, but I can't quite place my thoughts on where exactly...

*Man, Vilgax stepped up his game! You can definitely see why the late Dwayne McDuffie called him the most relentless Ben 10 villain!

*Gwen and Kevin return to the former's neighborhood while the latter tries to stay optimistic...

*The couple running into a bunch of FKC Members reminded me of when Han Solo ran into a bunch of Stormtroopers in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope! Kevin's remark about how he said "maybe" was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*Kevin points out to Gwen how he might be shooting at Grandpa Max and/or their other family and friends, Gwen replies that they wouldn't want them to hold back under these circumstances. It goes to show just how serious things have gotten!

*Slowly but steadily, Vilgax attempts to break Diagon's seal! Hearing it more and more, Diagon's voice reminds me of Dr. Claw, I must admit.

*Gwen's speed at skimming through her magic books were both funny and awesome! Kevin also upgrades his laser sniper! Nice to hear a reference to Charmcaster!

*Gwen tries her best to holp up the shield, but her eyes change and she let's out quite a scream...

*Oh no, Gwen is still under Diagon's control and that slasher smile makes it worse (Perualonso1 suggested I put this here, so credit goes to him for the idea)!

*Kevin using that blue mini van to get back to the cave was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*Geez, "Lucubra Possessed Gwen" moves as fast as XLR8! Those sickly green eyes and slasher smile are causing a lot of Nightmare Fuel! Reminds me of Ghirahim from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!

*George's joke about Eatle and hanging a lamp shade about it was a Crowning Moment of Funny! It's moments like this that really make it weird to think of him as part of Ben's rogue gallery.

*Now Ben has busted out Humongasuar! Kevin's "dramatic enterance" in the blue mini van was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*According to Diagon, Gwen is "the most powerful being in [our] universe"! Quite interesting as you'd think it would be an experienced/fully trained Anodite. Then again, he might mean in terms of raw power
    ***SPOILER***

*Gwen has now entered Anodite Form still under the Lucubra's control! She may not look as creepy as before, but her enhanced powers open up a whole other can of Nightmare Fuel!

*Kev, you took the words right out of my mouth! Diagon's voice coming out of Gwen was disturbing!

*Vilgax complaining about how long it was taking was hilarious!

*Kevin tries to reach out to Gwen within just as he did in Alien Force's War of the Worlds: Part II! But will he be successful this time?

*Yes, he is! He providing Gwen with a helmet made of the "Diagon-resistent" metal and gives one to Ben too!

*Vilgax's lack of power from Diagon on Kev threatening to sick Gwen on him were both Crowning Moments of Funny!

*What's this? Psython has returned and he's brought Vilgax some kind of machinery! Hmm...

*Ben turns into Jerry Rig, but a rumbling sound is going on...

*Diagon is starting to break himself free! George remarks how he's been preparing for this for a long time!

*Diagon has broken himself free...but he's no where to be seeing...

*...but then his voice is heard and everyone looks at the sky...

*Here's Diagon! I must admit, the freeze frame of everyone's shocked expression with the dramatic music playing was intentionally hilarious!

*Of course, seeing Diagon's ugly mug snapped me back into being creeped out! It looks like he is the "true Cthulhu" of the Ben 10 Trilogy (eat your heart out, Vilgax)!

Quite an intense Part I that still managed to sprinkle in some funny moments! It'll be interesting how things go down in Part II/the final episode of Ben 10: Ultimate Alien!

nyfan

[27]Mar 26, 2012
    • level: 20

I wonder what Gwen was going to say when Kevin said why didn't she get all the books. She said I would but... and than was cut off. What was she going to say? What is the mystery? She would have gotten more books but Hex intrupted. Is there more to that than meets the eye?

Diagon vs Acnologia, now that would be an interesting matchup.

Fourarms10

[28]Mar 27, 2012
    I still with they showed Max at least once. It doesn't even matter if he was turned into an Estoterica. He hasn't appeared all season!

Endoplasmic888

[29]Mar 28, 2012
    Yes he had. He had his own episode, "Moon Struck"

Fourarms10

[30]Mar 28, 2012
    Endoplasmic888 wrote:
    Yes he had. He had his own episode, "Moon Struck"
    I'm going by CN's season run. I wish this was still season 2 though. The Official Season 3 Start was "The Purge".

Endoplasmic888

[31]Mar 30, 2012
    I don't really count this as season 3. It's the same story arc.

nyfan

[32]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 20

This would be a good if not great season fianle, problem it is a series finale. It didn't tie the whole series enough for me. I thought Generator Rex series finale did a much better job of that.

Diagon really disappointed me, I was hoping he would be the end all be all. He is no Acnologia, now that is the dragon boss you don't mess with.

Anyway if Ben went along with Vilgax's idea.he would kill everyone that had an ounce of evil, and what does the sword interput as evil. That is the problem because it would be everyone that is notpure, which is close to no one. So from overloads to jay walkers be dead.Of course Vilgax would be the first one to go. But most of the universe would be dead, as most people has some evil in them, only the pure would be alive. Let's see, if Ben went along with it, not only guys like Vilgax, but also dead would beKevin, Argit, Elena, JT, Cash, Highbreed, Charmcaster, Overlord, Jennifer Knockturn, Will Harrangue, etc.,and I wouldn't put it past the sword to intrupt Gwen and Max as evil. But still Harrangue? I think I might rethink that if we are talking about Harrangue.That is intising to kill him.

Fourarms10

[33]Mar 31, 2012
    Thank God for DVR. Eh. The finale was alright in my opinion, but it seemed too rushed in some parts especially when the writers decided to kill off George just to find a way to give Ben the sword. I do like the fact that Vilgax did not like the Ultimates and that they found a way to give Max an appearance. Other than that, this felt more like a season finale. As for the "Omnitrix" I wish they had just kept it as a the real Omnitrix instead of saying that the previous two were prototypes.

RaizenYusuke

[34]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 28
    The first Omnitrix was said to be a prototype in the first series too. The Ultimatrix was a abandoned project that Albedo stole, so them being prototypes was nothing new. The finale sucked. Diagon was a huge let down. They built him up too much. His power was tame for all his hype. I loved Vilgax's plan worked showing he is still competent and has a little traces of the original Vilgax. Vilgax had the power for about 5 seconds before Ben beat him way too easily by figuring out the sword in a second. There was no tension or drama and it was rushed. I can tell this wasn't the intended finale. Finally have a tribute to the late McDuffie.

Fourarms10

[35]Mar 31, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    The first Omnitrix was said to be a prototype in the first series too. The Ultimatrix was a abandoned project that Albedo stole, so them being prototypes was nothing new. The finale sucked. Diagon was a huge let down. They built him up too much. His power was tame for all his hype. I loved Vilgax's plan worked showing he is still competent and has a little traces of the original Vilgax. Vilgax had the power for about 5 seconds before Ben beat him way too easily by figuring out the sword in a second. There was no tension or drama and it was rushed. I can tell this wasn't the intended finale. Finally have a tribute to the late McDuffie.
    Very true. This "Finale" felt very rushed. Even the CN advertisers kept saying "season finale". This felt nothing like The previous finale and it looked like a bad excuse to bring up another Ultimate Form. Another thing that annoyed me was how it was stated that Ben would use all of his aliens in this show. Well lets see how many they missed.

The Monster Trio
    Ditto
    Eye Guy
    Arctiguana
    Spitter
    Buzzshock
    WIldvine
    Stinkfly
    XLR8
    Grey Matter
    Upgrade

Most of these listed guys had only one or two appearances in the OG series (Monster Trio had it the worst). As for some of the others, they weren't used by the present Ben, only by 10k or 10 yr old Ben or were used in the crossover. And Ripjaws only appeared once for cryin' out loud. Oh well, the series is done and there may be new writers. The only good about these aliens not appearing in-show is that we didn't have to hear Ben shout their names.

Endoplasmic888

[36]Mar 31, 2012
    So what does the new Omnitrix do better than the other one exactly? Not malfunction as much?

Fourarms10

[37]Mar 31, 2012
    Endoplasmic888 wrote:
    So what does the new Omnitrix do better than the other one exactly? Not malfunction as much?
    all I can say is wait and see.

edmasterchaos

[38]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 41

I will admit, i liked the concept it ended on. That's pretty much all. But, Ben's good spirit, his moral compass, leading him to get another dimension's god's powers stacked on the super sword thingy and the omnitrix which all combined could lead to destroying evil from the root, well, that's a really awesome idea. The fact is that time and time again Ben showed he was worthy of many things, that he was a true hero, so that's the logical step, no? Using the greatest power in the universe to eradicate all that is evil, bring only good to the world.

Of course, the execution and the fact that it lasted, like, three minutes, really took it down a few notches, or a ton. Vilgax made it too clear that it would be bad of Ben to do it, and it really needed the aid. If Vilgax had said something, i don't know, in the tone of Ben being the victor yet again meant that good and history is defined by him, or that he doesn't want to lose to Ben and proposes he does the exact opposite of what he and Dagon wanted to do, as well as Ben saying how it would end suffering and point out a few stuff that would be fixed, (throw a line where Ben indicates that the world would no longer need a hero, he would stop being special and yet it would be worth it) then it would have been glorious how Ben decides that his vision of good and evil isn't absolute and he has no right to change the universe like that.

But alas, it just ended with a couple of rushes in a sorta ok storyline. Still, i'm happy it did what it did in the end in its own clumsy way.

pokemonmonmon

[39]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 5

like everyone else said, this wouldve been great as a season finale but it was way too rushed. ben has come across SEVERAL enemies in the past that were tougher than dagon. the ONLY special thing about dagon would be the fact that he could heal himself and give others power. vilgax used his powers better than he did and that only lasted for about a little less than half the episode. it was a shame to see george finally die but at least his efforts werent in vain. the ending set up for the series premiere of omniverse.

im not taking delight at dwanyes death or anything but i am SO HAPPY that he no longer will be contributing to the series anymore. even though the new animation will take some getting used to, im happy they finally went back to a remastered OMNItrix and it looks like the voice acting and plot will be a bit better too.

lets see where ben 10 goes from here

bluecatcinema

[40]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 61
    I thought it was pretty good. Ultimate Way Big, Ben going all medievel on Vilgax, and the new Omnitrix. But there were some loose ends. For example, we never learned exactly why George was immortal.