Ben 10

And Then There Were 10

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Dec 27, 2005 on Cartoon Network

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• This is a great pilot episode! it tells how everything happened and gives a good description to some of the creatures Ben can turn into.

While on a summer road trip with his Grandpa Max and cousin Gwen, 10-year-old boy named Ben Tennyson discovers a device called the Omnitrix Prototype, and gives him the ability to transform himself into ten different alien heroes. The creatures he can turn into are Heatblast, Diamondhead, Wildmutt, Ripjaw, Stinkfly, Grey Matter, Ghostfreak, Fourarms, XLR8 and Upgrade. This is a great show. It is also from the makers of Teen Titans and that was a good show. It may be false anime, but i love it. Its fun. Shows the connection between two cousins when they are cooped up together for the whole summer.
  • The Prelude for a great season!

The first installment in this series and season is an awesome episode bound to draw anyone in! This episode introduces you to Ben (Heat Blast, XLR8, Wildmutt, and Diamondhead) Grandpa, and Gwen.

The first episode starts off with an alien scene in outer space, which admittedly caught me a little off guard. I had no idea that this show involved aliens, laugh at me if you will :-P, but now I see it is pretty obvious. After the intro, it skips to Ben who is ready for a summer-vacation camping trip with his grandpa Max. Unfortunately for Ben, his rival cousin Gwen is also joining in on the trip.

Ok, so that is a basic look at the beginning of the episode. This episode portrays the dangers of the aliens, the folly of the characters, and the super-coolness of the Omitrix all at one time!

This show is off to a wonderful start with “And Then There Were 10”.
    P.S.: I just realized—XLR8, accelerate…yeah :-P (I’m a little slow)
  • The first episode shows a great intro to Ben, Max, Gwen, and a few of his forms.

And Then There Were 10 had a great plot introduction. Ben Tennyson is a mischievous 10-year old boy, who finds the device called the Omnitrix, and gives him the ability to change into 10 different alien heroes. Gwen Tennyson, his cousin, and Grandpa Max were first surprised of Ben finding such a device, but they want to help him in anyway they can...although Gwen and Ben don't get along too well.

The main plot was: Ben finds the Omnitrix, and Gwen and Max learns of it; Vilgax, who was after it is injured after an explosion sent out a team to look for the device; after Ben plays around with his Wildmutt form, Vilgax's henchmen finds him; Ben learns that a giant robot is destroying a campsite and transforms to Diamondhead to defeat it.

The heroes that were introduced in the episode: Heatblast, Wildmutt, Diamondhead, XLR8.
1 2 >