Ben 10

Ben 4 Good Buddy

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Sep 22, 2007 on Cartoon Network

• Ben and Crew get attack by Highway-Gang. Their RV gets stolen - battles follows and the kids learn to appreciate their old but reliable vehicle.

2.5
    Worst episode so far. I know that when watching a kids cartoon show suspension of disbelieve is sadly a requirement, but this episode takes ist to a whole new level. (I know im just venting but i still think my points are valid). Spoilers ahead ->

First of the Highway-Gang: Those are probably the first real villains in the whole show, trying to outright murder anything on the road beside themselves (thats actually a good thing - makes it more thrilling), but no-one seems to care about that.

Then, when they steal the Rustbucket, they have no problems "upgrading" it. One wonders how some hillbillys, who apparently haven´t even heard of toohtbrushes can handle the advanced plummer-tech.

During the carchase, Gwen has the brilliant idea to throw the awards from the owner of the RV their currently using, on one of the toothbrush-challenged. The next car she disables with her magic - why not use magic immediatly instead of destroying the hardearned property of others? Thats just plain mean and/or stupid.

Meanwhile their uncle has nothing better to do than to complain that the RV has no weapons onboard to fight back - what does he expect? That some random RV is a rolling battle-station?

What annoyed me the most were the reactions of the highway-gang after they encounter bens upgrade-form. they weren´t shocked at all, but fought back as if it would happend to them every day.

And not to forget the lasers, always with the lasers! How come everyone has laserweapons while the world is obviously not that advanced?

I could go on, but i won´t.
    Maybe i´m expecting too much from a cartoon, but i do like shows where there are not so many inconsistencies.