Ben 10 Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

NEWS: Ben 10: Alien Force (new sequel series)

YumiandMe4ever

[21]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 35
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    I don't understand why people are b*tching. The show has been out for slightly over a year and it already has 2 movies planned, at least 5 seasons of the show, and a spin-off that'll probably actually be good. Because Kevin is not going to be in it people are flipping out? Man that's freakin' sad.

No. People are made about the live-action movie because of CGI aliens, for the most part. We're mad about the spin-off because, for me at least, the idea sounds so limited, and the idea of other kids with Ben's powers makes him less original.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JusticeLeaguer

[22]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 61
    YumiandMe4ever wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    I don't understand why people are b*tching. The show has been out for slightly over a year and it already has 2 movies planned, at least 5 seasons of the show, and a spin-off that'll probably actually be good. Because Kevin is not going to be in it people are flipping out? Man that's freakin' sad.

No. People are made about the live-action movie because of CGI aliens, for the most part. We're mad about the spin-off because, for me at least, the idea sounds so limited, and the idea of other kids with Ben's powers makes him less original.

From the description, it sounds to me like the spin-off sounds basically like the same show but they'll be talking about "more mature issues". I just think it's freaking sweet how much publicity that Ben 10 is getting and I don't think that the show can ever really be bad.

YumiandMe4ever

[23]Feb 16, 2007
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    YumiandMe4ever wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:

From the description, it sounds to me like the spin-off sounds basically like the same show but they'll be talking about "more mature issues". I just think it's freaking sweet how much publicity that Ben 10 is getting and I don't think that the show can ever really be bad.

They won't be dealing with "more mature issues" because this will still be a kids show. They may allude to some "changes", but I don't think this spin-off will do well. If it was a Gwendlyn spin-off, maybe. If it were a moive finale, that would work well. This sounds like it will kill the series.

arukun14

[24]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 33
    Think tentative.... I know that this idea sounds strange, but I feel that it is way too early to judge it now. Remember that we are only watching what they are making.

HEATXZ

[25]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 9
    Wow Ben 10 is very popular first animated movie,Live action movie, now a new series whats next Lucky Girl spin-off?

Enemy93

[26]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 1
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:

I totally agree. I just have one issue: a spin-off series usually premieres  around or when the earlier series ends (Cory in the House,
    Yugioh GX). Does this spell a bad omen for Ben 10?

YumiandMe4ever

[27]Feb 16, 2007
    We know there will be at least 4 seasons, Megan Smith has confirmed that.

spiked_warrior

[28]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 8
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    YumiandMe4ever wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:

Noone is complaining about kevin not being in it.. we don't know that. And I sure as hell won't be complaining if he's not in it... I don't want him to be. Spare him the agony. How can it be the same show if Ben and Gwen are mentoring other kids with powers? Ben 10 already has enough heroes... this doesn't need to be some sort of Justice league. I think that is the point we are trying to make disagreeing with the idea. The only way I think this could possibly work is if these kids are in different countries... but still the problem remains... Similar powers? That's just awful. It DOES make Ben and Kevin look alot less special- and that's what I don't like.

sheerbeauty

[29]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 14
    Perhaps the kids are all aliens, each from a different planet, so that every "good" planet can have its own Omnitrix hero.

spiked_warrior

[30]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 8
    I thought of that too.. as probably the best way it could go down.. but for some reason I didn't think they'd do something like that. I dunno... I just can't see the aliens as little kids XD.

someguy0830

[31]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 27
    They said like Ben's powers. They're probably all kineticists (pyo, techno, etc.)

narutofan45

[32]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 3

if its good i won't mind

BUT if its bad (pulls out sword) AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!

i have had no luck in sequels lately. i'm just not very lucky with anything.

Edited on 02/17/2007 2:28pm

JusticeLeaguer

[33]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 61
    spiked_warrior wrote:
    It DOES make Ben and Kevin look alot less special- and that's what I don't like.

Ben- Maybe
    Kevin- No. The special thing about him was his power to absorb. Now that he has Ben's aliens inside of him I think that makes hime less special in that respect.

~I do, however, get what you're saying but since the only thing we've seen from the new show is the title and a short description, I'm not going to write it off, or talk about it really, just yet.

Enemy93 wrote:
    I just have one issue: a spin-off series usually premieres around or when the earlier series ends (Cory in the House, Yugioh GX). Does this spell a bad omen for Ben 10?

1. Thank you for agreeing with me
    2. I'm not sure on that. While I do see how that does most of the time happen, I'm not sure it would happen with this series...

YumiandMe4ever wrote:
    We know there will be at least 4 seasons, Megan Smith has confirmed that.

The reason I said at least 5 seasons is for 2 reasons:

1. Because on the Ben 10 Season 1 DVD, the episode commentary for "Secrets" mentioned some very small allusion to the fact of a 4th season (meaning there's definately a season 4, which we knew) and also:
    2. Both a ToonZone.net and a AnimationGuildBlog article stated that Ben 10 was renewed for another 26 episodes so I assumed that that meant 26 episodes (2 seasons) after this season, Season 3, is finished airing [Making a total of 5]. Now that I look more closely at the second article, it states that "Ben 10 has been retooled and is now charging ahead with 26 new episodes". This could possibly mean Hero Generation but I'm not completely positive.

Cannonjaws

[34]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 1
    This hero generation thing won't completely take over the main season will it?

RaizenYusuke

[35]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 28
    I wait before I judge after all I thought I would hate this show by the sound of it,but I didn't.

gonbe3

[36]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 13

the new 26 episodes will be for season 4. the people who make said that they are going to try making a longer story season. so right now there is no confirmation about a season 5.

[37]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 5
    You guys need to CALM DOWN!! None of you can tell the future! So can you do me a favor. CAN YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT! Then once its out you can flame it, but not before. On a side note I think ti will be pretty good, but thats only my opinon.

sheerbeauty

[38]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 14
    But...Anxious whinging about our projected future entertainment makes us feel as if we've accomplished something!

Also,
    a body of criticism, including pre-criticism, is essential to any art
    form.Without the feedback from the wider world, the artists have
    nothing to hone their skills for, and the form itself has no meaning.

^_^

FalconPain

[39]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 13
    Yes, but criticism of abstract concepts can only be subjective, as there is no concrete evidence from which to determine objective qualities.

In short, I will not whine, or whinge, or whinny, or whatever until I get to see a pilot.

sjjackson

[40]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    ben 10 is a GREAT show. the best i've ever seen since godzilla the series. an animated movie will be sweet, but the live-action movie, well i'll just have to see it to make up my mind (i'll have my license by the time it comes out). as for the spin-off, that sounds kind of dumb, honestly.