Ben 10 Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

Too Many Spin-Offs!

How many think they short-changed the original and went to sequels too quickly?

JivasBarabbas

[1]May 6, 2010
    • level: 1

I really enjoyed the original show and used to watch it all the time with my kids. Then they went with a real-world show using actors (which disappeared as soon as it appeared) and then went to Alien Force and then Ultimate Alien with many shows from each series running on the same day on different channels...it just too much. They should have stuck with the original series for a longer period of time then permanently retire it in favor of a new series and then SUPPORT and PROMOTE IT properly. As it is, it's just Ben 10 soup out there and this house as lost interest.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NightSword06

[2]May 27, 2010
    • level: 14

First of all Jivas, I believe what you're referring to as a "series" was the movie Race Against Time. Secondly I agree with you that they could have gone further with the original series; I mean, look at how the first series ended and how AF began: Ben still had the Omnitrix with no tell-tale signs of it being removed again after the end of the final episode, (Which unlike the DVDs would have you believe IS in fact "Good Riddance")and then all of a sudden at the beginning of AF, he no longer has the Omnitrix and we have as of yet to find out just what happened and when during the five year period between the two shows. But I must say that I do still like both AF and UA.

YumiandMe4ever

[3]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 35
    The reason he has it off at the start of AF is that Race Against Time is cannon and Good Riddance is not, according to McDuffy. That's also why in AF he still has to keep his powers a secret.

NightSword06

[4]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 14

Interesting revelation there...But then that would mean that the first "final fight" between Ben and Vilgax never happened, if Good Riddance isn't canon. Which whether ir originally was or not, the battle scene from Secret of the Omnitrix would have been the final epic battle between Ben and Vilgax for the original series...if that movie's canon that is.

Fourarms10

[5]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 24
    NightSword06 wrote:

Interesting revelation there...But then that would mean that the first "final fight" between Ben and Vilgax never happened, if Good Riddance isn't canon. Which whether ir originally was or not, the battle scene from Secret of the Omnitrix would have been the final epic battle between Ben and Vilgax for the original series...if that movie's canon that is.

and yes secret of the omnitrix is real but takes place before race against time.

srkluver7

[6]Sep 12, 2010
    • level: 6

It's because Ben 10 was a hit and CN wasn't making a lot of hit shows so they made spinoffs in a hurry.