Ben 10

Last Laugh

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Feb 25, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• Mediocre at best.

5.5
    Perhaps the worst episode so far in this season. It seems like Ben 10 is just regressing more and more with every episode. The jokes aren't getting any funnier, they all seem to consist of Gwen and Ben playing a ping pong match always insulting each other, the stories are just getting more and more bland and unoriginal. The action is also getting worse. Well, not really worse, there seems to be less of a focus on the action and more on the rushed and not so well thought out plotlines. I mean seriously a clown?! Only clown that seems to have worked is The Joker and that's because he is well developed; here he's nothing more than a disposable antagonist. Bad story, not exciting, and the theme of Ben getting over his themes was pretty rushed too. Just not an impressive episode at all.
  • I love this episode but I hate Zombozo. I just hate clowns. It was good and then again, painful to watch, in a good way.

This episode shows that Ben is terriyed by clowns. And Grandpa Max was afraid of heights. We never know what Gwen is afraid of. Zombozo was very creepy, especially when he was scareing Ben. I hate Zombozo's face. It is freaky, and scares me. When I first watched that episode, it reminded me of "It" and I'm only 12 years old!! And I hate clowns even more now. But now I have a good reason to be scared now. I would prefer to be far away from clowns, now I know that they suck the happyness out of you. Who knew?!?!
  • cool episode

Fourarms reluctantly fights a female thief named Joey and her gang, but Vilgax sends more attack drones at the same time. While Ben shifts his attention to the drones, Joey attacks Max. Ben destroys the robots and knocks Joey out, leaving them all at the scene in order to get Max to a hospital. While he is away, the drones fuse with Joey, transforming her into a semi-robotic being called Rojo. Vilgax makes telepathic contact with Rojo through the drones and commands her to steal the Omnitrix. At the hospital, Ben realizes that his watch makes him a constant target and puts Gwen and Max in danger by association; worried for their safety, Ben runs away. He later encounters Rojo and fights her as XLR8, which proves futile. With advice from Max via cell phone, Ben defeats Rojo as Upgrade by merging with and shorting out her robotic parts. In the process, Vilgax makes telepathic contact with Upgrade through the drones and threatens him, claiming that he will obtain the Omnitrix some day. Ben returns to Max and Gwen upon the realization that he needs them. Max tells Ben not to worry about what Vilgax said; however, Max expresses a look of anxiousness while Ben is out of sight.
  • Ben faces his fear of clowns. I think Zombozo is not even funny.

7.8
    Clowns are supposed to be humourous, but Zombozo gave me the heebie-jeebies the moment I saw him. Not a whiff of clown-comedy at all, I would say. However, for some unknown reason he manages to make the audience laugh, and steal their happiness to power himself up, claiming that is what all clowns want to do. That sounds weird since this is the first time I have ever heard of a clown extorting merriment in such a way.
    Apart from the oddness of the situation, the graphics were also vividly enticing, giving us a feeling that Ben is trapped in Zombozo's maze of illusions.
  • cool

I totally loved this episode that it made me laugh myself! Zombozo's tricks made me laugh, but they were not good tricks because he's a villain and all. His freaks, Thumbskull, Frightwig, and Acid Breath were nothing but big T-R-O-U-B-L-E in the city. Thumbskull is really strong, Frightwig's hair is made of tentacles, and Acid Breath has power to breathe out smelly breath that can melt anything made of metal. It was good to know that Ben, as Ghostfreak, scared Zombozo, and Zombozo exploded into a cloud of smoke and confetti. I've got one of the biggest feelings that Zombozo will probably return later in the series.
  • Ben must overcome his fear of clowns in an effort to fight Zombozo and his accomplices and save Gwen.

This episode was both great and sort of disturbing. I didn't care for Stinkbreath. His power is really disgusting. I was also freaked out when Ghostfreak showed his insides in an effort to scare Zombozo. I could have gone without seeing that. My favorite scenes include: Gwen trying to scare Ben by jumping out in front of him while wearing a clown mask, Ben constantly insisting that circuses are stupid and for kids, and the scene where Ben is talking to Grandpa Max about fears. I also liked the part where Zombozo put Ben through that nightmare world thing. Now that was really cool!
  • This episode gave me the heevie-jeevies, but in the good way. This episode is my favorite for many reasons.

This episode was great! I had to watch it on Youtube because it seems that now Cartoon Network never shows any of the season one repeats. Because I watched it on Youtube, the animation was fuzzy and slightly slow, so I can't judge this episode on animation. I can say that many things worked with this episode... Zombozo, the Freaks, the first scene with Ripjaws, and the scene with the illusions. I couldn't find any personal flaws with this episode. It was perfect, but I rarely give out 10's to shows that I don't give a 10...
  • and also "Revealing", "Well Written", and "A Very Special Episode"....but I couldn't pick between the three classsifications, so I picked "Fine Example".....And This is also my favorite episode of Ben 10...

.......and it is Revealing when he was in that nightmare thing...and then he turned into ghostfreak, and he ripped himself open, and that was disgusting...but I may not know that much about Ghostfreak....

.....and I also got to find out Ben's fear of clowns...but now that I watched this episode, and seeing one explode, I guess anybody can be afraid of them...

...I think it is well written because this is one of the best episodes, and it could possibly could be shown on Halloween...and I liked the part when everybody was all tired and sad, and then Grandpa fell asleep, and then Ben had to stop the RV from falling off the cliff....and Zombozo makes a great villian...

....This is a perfect example of Ben 10, and if anybody new to the series watched this episode, they would like the entire show....

....And it is a very special episode because It is my favorite episode.....and that nightmare thing was also as good as the people that are sad and tired and Grandpa falling asleep and the RV is out of control......
  • "Last Laugh" is the best episode I've seen so far. Ben 10 just keeps getting better and better!

The ninth episode of Ben 10 was the best yet. Again written by Man of Action (Joe Casey and Duncan Rouleau), shows their talent of what a story structure should plot out. Some elements were copied, but versioned in a particular way.

"Last Laugh" was also very revealing. I'm surprised that Ben would be scared of a clown (well, they creep me out too). Zombozo, as the name states, is a clown who takes people's happiness using a machine. You can see: Zom- is taken from Zombie, and -bozo means stupid, or a clown. Put it together, you get a clown who desires other's possession of happiness.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10 stars. Ben 10 continues to show a commitment to entertain.
  • This was an awesome episode!

I really loved this episode. It was definatly one of the best. We got to see Ghostfreak, learn of people's fears, everything. Also there was more action and less talk in this episode, a good sign. This also used some of the lesser used characters in this episode so that was good. All over all, I gave it a 9.4/10, 94%, or an A. I hope there are more episodes like this in the future!