Ben 10

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

TVTome_Shadow

Ben 10 Fan Reviews (370)

• Bland and overrated.

3.5
    Yeah, you heard me. I hate this show. And I'm not talking about the new ones (even though those suck as well) ,I'm talking about the original. Yeah, I think the orginal is bad as well. It's one of the shows that caused the downfall of cartoon network along with out of jimmy's ass and squirrel bitch. Okay, Ill admit, this show is tolerable at times (not the new ones, those make me jump into a pit of sharks). But I still don't like this show.

The premise is creative, but it's not executed well.

The characters are so bland. Ben is a spoiled brat who is one of my worst characters of all time. Sure, he has his moments where he shows he has a heart, but those moments are few and far in between. Gwen is practically the same as ben. The only redeming quality about her is that she is kinda hot. Grandpa max is a fatty fat fatty fat with no personality.

The action scenes, to me are forgetable and so are the jokes. The animation is good, but that's not enough to save this show.

So overall, just a bad show. How does this show have a higher rating than the powerpuff girls? That show was great (and this is coming from a boy) while this show is just stupid.
  • Stupid, Bland, Boring, Idiotic, and very very dumb. Ben ten

if you want to know what I think Ben ten is like look at the title (creative right). Ben ten really stinks real bad. All its about is a stupid (teen, ten year old, whatever) boy that has a watch that looks really stupid and it turns him into stupid aliens (he also has stupid cracks like electric!). If you think about it its like pokemon (another fail). Other shows like this are spongebob (a gay sponge with stupid friends) and regular show.
  • Ben is the Hero of Heroes

Ben 10 is a creation of a genius. It is a fantasy of which every boy dreams. The original series are my all time favourite

Alien Force required much importance to the aliens rather than the plot. But by the end of the day, IT IS BEN 10.

Ultimate Alien had brought me back to the show again. New aliens like NRG, Armodrillo, and the ultimates are excellent. Even the plot is excellent, describing the life story of a true superhero.

Even the Omniverse is okay and funfilled.

• The Ben 10, I like is the original and 1st one.

I loved the 1st Ben 10 series, after that all of them have sucked. Alien Force, Ultimate Alien and now, Omniverse are all disgraces to the 1st Ben 10 series. I gave the 1st Ben 10, a 9/10 rating. Not all the others, the others, I give a 1.5/10.
  • Use to be good

The first show use to be good, but the current show, Alien Force, and Ultimate Alien are not good. I actually stopped watching the first show because of the dumb as hell live action movie, that was a mistake. So I don't hate this show, just not a fan of the next shows, and the movies were a huge mistake, they shouldn't have been made.
  • NEW EPISODES SUCKS!!!!!

the new ultimate alien episodes and new episodes after ultimate episodes sucks!!!!!

I think that they are not taking any time for thinking while making episodes, logic's are good but stories are not good..... they must take more effort in buiding

briefly speaking if ultimatrix is very powerful then why BEN always lag behind like an idiot always, it feels too stupid while watching this...that anyone can defeat him and he wins at last only....
  • It`s a okay show

I can`t say it gets any better. The stories are good I feel like younger kids would love this alot more then me. It`s not directed towards adults. So of course kids will like it more. What I can say that is good about it the animation is cool. The plot always needs alittle work but for the most part the episodes are good. Me rating this for myself I would give it 6. But it is a much better show when you let go of the plot details and go with it. Also not alot of character grow from Ben everyone else though. The villians are cool I like most of them. The highlight of the animation is the Aliens becuase we haven`t seen anything like them and they look really good.
  • Great Show

Ben 10,is a great show.This great shows about,Upon discovering a mysterious device known as the Omnitrix, 10-year-old Ben Tennyson is bestowed with the power to change into 10 different alien heroes. Each alien hero has its own unique and awesome powers. Although Ben now has the added responsibility to protect others and fight evil forces, he still manages to find time for some mischief and fun! Character Bios Heat....
  • A decent cartoon with good actions. Feel free to disagree, but read my full review, then you would know.

Full Review (Please read the review)

Art: 9/10 - Legendary and detailed.

Storyline: 6/10 - Not that impressive, but has some good stories and back stories.

Characters: 7/10 - Decent characters, even though sometimes Ben can be annoying.

Voice-acting: 10/10 - Excellent performance.

Plot: 7/10 - Some good parts like the fighting scenes, other scenes, not that good.

Dialogue: 5.5/10 - Sometimes the dialogue is not done properly, especially when Ben tries to use an insult to Gwen.

Animation: 7.5/10 - Nice animation, especially on the fight scenes.

Presentation: 6/10 - The scenes are great, but the jokes they try to do aren't that funny. Overall, it's okay at best.

Overall: 7/10 - It was a decent cartoon to watch. If you think this show is just for guys, you're either plain ***ed or a sexist pig. Girls can watch this too, even though I'm a guy. The show had a decent ending. Anyone can watch this. Decent show.
  • Hate it!

4.4
    It's terrible it's nothing much just about a 10 year old boy with his watch which can turn him into anything and his big sister is more annoying than he is very very annoying and the animation looks like anime which is a disgrace to anime this is my opinion also this show is more terrible than Robotboy ever was(that's a show full of gays) just cancel these shows Cartoon Network and put the good old shows like Dexter and Johnny Bravo on your block.
  • The worst show I have ever seen! >:(

When I watched an episode of this it was the worst 30 minutes of tv I have ever watched. It is honestly the worst show cartoon network have ever shown. I do not know how anyone can like this! I would recomend for anyone not to watch this. If you like this show you must ethier be crazy or you will watch and like anything. If I could rate this even lower than 1.0 I would that is how much I hate this show. It should get cancelled and forgot about. It is my least favourite show and I hate it!
  • One of my favourite cartoons back in the day.

I was a huge fan of this show back when I was a young child. I had all sorts of Ben 10 merchandise, the watch, posters, games, figures and even clothes and bed sheets. It was my favourite cartoon back then.

I'm not afraid to admit it. This show is genius. I would have never thought of the concept for this show. The creators of this show deserve a pat on the back.

This show is about an average, 10 year old boy on vacation. He stumbles upon an alien watch, known as the 'Omnitrix'. It attaches itself to his wrist. Ben can now turn into ten different alien heroes. Simple.

I love the characters. Grandpa max is a father figure to Ben while he's on vacation, and he's a plumber for heaven's sake! Gwen is Ben's doofus cousin who prats about with him and drives him insane. But deep down, they are best friends.

The main villain of this show is Vilgax, a squid-human thing. He's quite a threat to Ben and the gang. He has his own army of robot drones.

There are all sorts of other cool villains. My personal favourite is Kevin.

The music is great. Techno alieny music. It's hard to describe. Listen to it for yourself and you'll get what I mean.

This cartoon will stay with me forever in my heart. Ben 10 Alien Force and Ultimate Alien ruined the entire show.

• Very repetitive boring show.

Ben 10 is about a ten-year-old boy who one day finds a watch called the "Omnitrix". This can get him to transform into an alien. Sounds good? It's not.

I watched this about three times before getting to the point that it was utterly boring. Whatever happens. Ben Tennyson wins. He has a cousin called Gwen who does NOTHING. A Grandpa Max just has modern devices to destory aliens.

In every episode: Evil alien comes down to Earth. Ben uses Omnitrix to kill alien. If that doesn't work, Grandpa Max kills it. Vilgax loses. The end.

Horrible show. Nothing is funny, nothing is enjoyable. You'll wish you didn't waste your half-hour on this if you watch it. Thank God they've stopped making this!
  • This should've lasted longer.

This is another show that didn't even need a spin-off because it was great itself. Ben 10 is about a boy named Ben Tenyson who finds an alien watch which snaps to his arm. Now,he has the power to transform into different types of aliens. Of course,it ended up being great. Now let's start with the characters. You have Ben,the selfish kid who was actually funny,Gwen,his annoying sister,Grandpa Max,the parent and that it. That's all the characters of the show. The action scenes were amazing and awesome,the aliens were awesome,this show was awesome. However,did it really need a spin-off? Come on,the spin-off was just bad,boring and horrible like All grown Up. The live-action movies were bad too. But however,I thought this should've lasted longer than 4 years. In my opinion,this was one of CN's best cartoons and it deserves another chance.
  • Least funniest episode ever!!

1.5
    Why? Well, who wants to watch a show where they make Ben too young and immature? Huh? Not me! I did not like it at all. Sure, Ben 10 was a good show, but not all the episodes were spectacular. In fact, the people who wrote it? Were they trying to be funny? Having a baby stinkfly breaking wind to defeat enemies is SOOOO not my idea of funny! And that stupid truck monster? Forget it! Totally uncalled for! If they wanted to write about the Fountain of Youth, they could have at least made it a little more dramatic. It would have been cool to see Ben and Young Max skating or skateboarding together. But no! They had to turn Ben 10 into an immature, whiny 4-year-old kid! Uncool!
  • Boring.

2.5
    My brother watches this show all the time so i am forced to watch it sometimes. The jokes are really bad and i cant imagine anyone over the age of 7 laughing at them. The storylines are annoying and this makes it hard to watch and take seriously. I am not actually the right age group for watching this show so i am not going to give it a one, however it is much worse than some of the other childrens shows on T.V and so i felt 2.5 was appropriate. Overall i would rather watch Disney Channel than this.
  • Too bad there isn't a rating below zero.

This show is horrible! It's just another worthless brainwashing junk-series made just for money! Everywhere where I look in the market there are ben10 cards,ben10 figures,ben10 pencils etc. I would be impressed if they made ben10 toothpicks.

Now,what's wrong with the show?

EVERYTHING!
    If they meant to popularize it so much,the quality shouldn't be so mediocre. The main character is Ben &%$#*&% Tennyson,some ignorant annoying irritating brat who has that Omnitrix device which turns him into various aliens. Now,no matter who fights him , Ben never loses.NEVER.You don't have to be a psychic to know how will episode end. Also the main villain looks like a GMO brain-damaged octopus and he's quite annoying. The character of Ben's cousin,Gwen,is poorly defined too. Their Grampa Max is there for nothing. He has a brain of a size of a peanut and he is there just to have that modern devices which destroy evil aliens etc.
    Oh,and humor? I didn't know that this poorly written sarcasm has to do anything with comedy.
    Ben10,you fail in all ways of figuring out is there something good related to this show. Don't watch this.
  • i used to like this when i was young,now?its bullcrap

ben is a 10-year old geek with biatchy cuzon they are forced to co-operate in a mission called operation:nerdity ben 10 is going throught nerdity he used his new tegnique the poo - me - poo - me - poo wave and hi strustworthy wee blast snot missile snot cannon snot blsat snot wave snot - bomb i know you are what whaddam i ya poo poo fart brain this place smells of month old turkey poop grr r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r rr r oh fartinskey d shhf wu dfig du
  • Fairly decent show

I'll be honest. When I first saw the trailers for this show, I was impressed. Finally, a show would come along to rescue the poor television viewers like me who had been forced to suffer through an unbelievably long span of terrible programming on the part of Cartoon Network. When I saw the show, I was only mildly let down. It was still a fabulous escape from bad television. However, there were a few problems. One. An often foolish ten-year old boy whose device of power often fails him or malfunctions does not a hero make. Two. The constant Ben/Gwen feud left me often changing the television despite the shows' appeal. And I was glad to see that this problem was mostly eliminated in the sequel series. Finally, I grew tired of the monotonous freak-of-the-week-esque tone that the show took. Otherwise, it was an okay show.
  • Was an good show, but there are cracks in it.

I was once an addict of Ben 10. I only got to know of this show in late 2006 (that's when it was broadcasted in Cartoon Network SEA). Was fascinated not only because of the characters, storyline etc. we're going to get, people finally got to see fantastic work from Cartoon Network after a 2-3 year long drought of stuff worth watching.

Sometimes it makes me want to turn away from the TV when Ben does something that gets him into big trouble (eg. When he ran away in "Kevin 11" episode and befriends with Kevin), but meh. They clearly depicts Ben's character as a mischievious boy.

What I'm not impressed:
    1. Mild humour. Most episodes didn't give me an opportunity to laugh out loud like what I do in Spongebob, Tom and Jerry etc. Not that I'm asking for classical violence or satirical comedy, but the show could have done better in comedy, but of course maintaining the same amounts of action.
    2. Ripoffs. Sorry for the other 2 sequels to Ben 10, but they have both destroyed my interest in watching any of the 3 shows. I mean, why follow the footsteps of Beyblade or Looney Tunes?

Could have given this show a higher rating, but most things aren't perfect when they have defects (Sorry to say this, because I'm studying aircraft engineering and we can't tolerate cracks O_o).
  • Ben Tennyson, on his summer vacation with his Grandpa Max and cousin, Gwen, unintentionally gets an alien device, the Omnitrix, that has the ability of transforming him into superpowered aliens. He uses these powers to fight crime.

Words just can't describe how great this show is! But I'm gonna give it a go: GREATEST EVER!!! I know what I just said, but it is still, in my opinion, THE greatest show EVER, and I think everybody should watch it (it's just a suggestion, because some people may not like it). What I like about it is that I can relate to Ben in a lot of ways: We both have a want to help people. Plus, we both have brown hair. But what I don't have that he does is...green eyes. You probably thought I would say the Omnitrix, did you?
  • I don't watch a lot of cartoons, and due to the plague of suckness infecting modern TV, a cartoon as good as this is a rare thing today

OK, I could remember I was probably 10 when this show came out, and like it was created to do, it had me hooked from the first commercial. Before I talk about it, this is from the standpoint of a huge anime fan and someone who can watch anything, cartoon or not, as long as it's good. I'm no loser who stays home watching Spongebob on his saturday nights, but I can still appreciate good animated series.

Ok, let's begin. Ben 10 is a cool and original concept, involving Ben Tennyson, a 10 year old boy who gets an alien watch that let's him turn into 10 different alien warrior species. Behind the overused 10 theme in this show, it is actually surprisingly good. The action in this show is reminiscent of anime, and really well executed. For the first few episodes, Ben stuck to the script, but as the series evolved, I marveled at how Ben always seemed to be doing some different kind of thing. At first it was meet an alien, turn to an alien, fight, go home. Then, it completely splattered into wild adventures escaping dream worlds, alternate realities, fighting Sorcerers, capturing electricity creatures, clashing with an age-old creed of evil Knightlike scientists, and discovering family ties with a secret government organization that fights aliens.

Also, you have to give props on how the writers were able to incorporate 10 different but equally cool alien fighters. They all have different powers. Sure, they used the obvious ones everyone uses(Shooting fire, superspeed, superstrength, flying) but also has some random and interesting ones, such as Upgrade, a form able to merge with and manipulate technology. Or Ghostfreak, whose able to do ghost things like flying, turning invisible etc., but also possesses the random ability to rip his chest open and spurt out claws, lightning, tentacles and something that we don't get to see that apparently scares everyone who sees it. So, aside from cool and original powers, an engaging and mysterious story, and well executed action, there's still some things I don't like about this show. For one, I guess the writers were trying to relate to kids by having Ben and his cousin Gwen bicker all the time. That oddly never gets too annoying, but what does is the extremely weird "teen slang" they use. They call each other the randomest crap, like "Megadweeb". No one talks like that anymore! Actually, I'm not even sure if there ever even was a point in time where anyone said things like that. Plus, I'd like to state how Ben fits the stereotypical "growing boy" you've seen in commercials. Despite the great power and responsibility bestowed upon him, he acts completely stupid for most of the time he's not fighting aliens. I mean, you just wonder why no one gets annoyed by him, and you see why he gets bullied by the losers "Cash and JT" at his school. Gwen, for most of the beginning, is completely void of purpose other than providing rude comments to Ben, or get in the way in the middle of a fight. Like, there are literally scenes where Ben's fighting some alien robot thing and Gwen tries to intervene and jumps in the middle of it, resulting in Ben getting her out and getting trashed as he lets his guard down. Another downside is the later season's closing episodes. As the series was nearing an end, the story just pretty much fell apart, only to be brought back together for the sequel show. What I mean is, Ben gets all these new different alien forms, then fights all these monster ripoff aliens (ie a Mummy and Frankenstein biteoffs), and the writers knew this sucked, because they didn't even bother to give these new forms original names. Ben would beat the monster and then get the form to turn to it at any time. No lie, the mummy form was named "Benmummy" and the werewolf "Benwolf". We went from Upgrade and Ripjaws to Ben-mummy! Plus they tried to throw in this "purple lightning" crap, that didn't work. And, personally I dislike the idea of Ben getting additional alien forms. It's Ben 10 not Ben 14, and if they were gonna do that they could at least be original with it, not bite off already done things and just put "Ben" before their actual names.

All in all, this show is a great thing for kids 9-15 to get into, and anime fans of all ages to watch. It's a cartoon that can be taken seriously, as is anime. Action/Adventure-9
    Script-7.5
    Characters-6
    Originality-10(no pun in10ded)
    Overall-8/10....Original, and interesting show with action and an engaging story, but falls apart later on and fails to capture certain aspects of realism
  • Teen Titans was replaced with this?

2.3
    First, I would like to say that the characters are weak. Ben just seems like a self obsorbed brat. All he seemed to do is play pranks on Gwen and use his powers for self-gain. Though he does use them to save others, it seems like he's in it only for glory. Though Gwen is a little better, she just seems like a stereotypical 10 year old girl who always tells on the her brother. Though they are only 10, they just seem like weak characters. Max seems like the only strong major character. One thing that helped Teen Titans is that the characters were a little more mature and seemed to interact quite well.

There isn't anything special about the aliens either. Though a couple of them are pretty cool, most of them have boring designs. The voices are also pretty poorly done.

Aside from Kevin 11, the villians aren't anything special. Slade from Teen Titans was both intimidating and clever. I have yet to see any cool villians on Ben 10. It also doesn't help that it's always the same hero that saves the day. There aren't any other superhero characters on the show to add for a little variety.

All in all, it seems like a typical superhero show that is dull and boring. Cartoon Network really should have come up with a better show to replace Teen Titans.
  • Dumb show.

2.9
    I really can\\\'t believe I watched this show. I gave this show one chance to prove how good it is but I could\\\'nt stand 2 minutes of it! I watched the first episode for 2 minutes and I knew this show was going to be dumb. They should cancel this show right now.
  • One of the worst ever!

1.3
    This is probably in my least 5 shows ever, I just dont see how every one likes this show! It has bad animation, bad voice overs, pathedic characters, and has no story at all! dont take it personal if your a ben 10 fan Its just what I think, and I think it sucks but serieasly dont take it personal, seariously.I gave it A 1.3 out of 10, so thats what I think about this show see ya later, and please dont report abuse, bye!
  • Probably one of the most action-filled show ever!

A pretty good show. I enjoy watching it. I love the aliens on the Omnitrix. I keep getting even more excited everytime a new alien pops up on the watch. I love the characters, too. They have good personalities and I have spotted some character developement in the series every now and then. I enjoy every episode and how each villian seems to be gettin either dumber or more annoying every time you see them. I also like the alien designs. Upgrade and XLR8 look totally awesome and so does Grey Matter. I can't wait until another episode comes on!
  • This show was horrible. Well, at least it is not as bad as Mr. Meaty.

1.5
    This show is TERRIBLE. I honestly hate it. Ben acts as though he tough and cool, but is pathetic and annoying. He seems very selfish sometimes.

Here are reasons why this show is BAD. (4 reasons)

1. What makes Ben so special to get the Omnitrix (What is that? It sounds pretty stupid, though)? He ALWAYS triumphs over some dumb alien that does something stupid which causes Ben to win.

2. It looks like the ex-plumber Grandpa is really an agent that hunts aliens. That is the DUMBEST idea I have ever heard. That idea has been used OVER and OVER again (Idea of a secret agent).

3. Ben seems to be EXTREMELY arrogant and annoying. Even if you like this show, you know it is true. Ben always wants things to go his way and his way ONLY. He never understands that he can not get everything he wants and generally misuses his powers to get everytrhing. (That is what I REALLY HATE) The villains to the SAME THING and Ben always wins even though he pretty much ACTS like a villain. It just drives me crazy.

4. If I were to explain all of my reasons, it would take a while. I guess this really is not a reason, but it will represent any other reasons why this show is BAD.

I gave it a 1.5 because it is a bad show but not as bad as Mr. Meaty.
  • getting worse every season

This show is getting confusing and more stupid.The show was about a kid who has 10 heroes in a watch.But now there is like 12.And shouldn't vilgax or kevin sucseed at least once,come on aren't they suposed to be evil!And didn't this show start last year in december.Should'nt they be back in school!And don't they age in the show?!This show should cancel right now!And why will no one agree with my review?Come on if you really think about the review,i'm right.

P.S-i didn't mean to offend anyone.
  • Lazy & booring.

Is it just me, or do villains pop out everywhere Ben and his family travel to? Arizona? Lightning aliens! Old folks home? More evil aliens! New Orleans? Necromancers! Suburbs? Evil geek! Circus? Evil clowns! Well, clowns are always evil. But in any case, it seems that bad guys either follow Ben around, or show up conveniently when he shows up. And most of the time the bad guys aren't in anyway affiliated with the main alien enemies trying to get the Omnitrix back. It's the same most episodes. Bad guys with unexplained superpowers show up, Ben fights them. With his 10 year old cousin and grandfather. You'd think a person with 10 varied superpowers could handle this with out putting elderly and young family members in mortal peril. But I guess not. It's the villain-of-the-week formula, people. It's unoriginal and (in this case) jagged in plot structure.

What this show desperately needs is some plot cohesion. The action is pretty good, Ben (as a character) has a lot of potential. The back story involving his grandfather is interesting. The main alien antagonist is a good villain. But all of this is hampered by writing that never stays on one subject. Coming of age story? That could work. Coming of age story one episode... psycho fisherman next episode! Not so much. If this show could give reasons for the various super-powered fiends (and not just hay look at these guys), then at least I could get into it. But how can you when each episode is completely random and pointless? They've managed to do this with other shows. There's a reason the good guys fight and a reason behind the bad guys. The Teen Titans live in a world of super-powered beings. That's why the bad guys are super-powered. In Ben 10, Ben just seems to go with the flow. Travel on summer vacation? Bad guys on the way? Sure, why not. There's no motivation, no logic, no reason.

This show could be SOO much better if the writers, I don't now, picked up a book? Watched The Godfather? I understand a Saturday morning cartoon can only do so much, but it just seems like the writers are lazy.
  • Oh my god! What a boring as hell show!

2.5
    I tried to watch it, I really did! But come on, its sooo boring! Seriously. Lets start with Ben, hes such a boring character, theres nothing intresting about him at all. Tennison? Wtf? What kind of last name is Tennison? Its not clever its retarted.

Gwen? Well shes just a total **** Really. I cant stand her and I dont think anyone could. She need a big slap across her uglyass face cause they wont ever shut the hell up.

Grandpa? How old is he? Like 40? Last time I checked Grandpas are old. Hes like in good shape and I'm there thinking wtf? Oh, and I saw the episode when they go to the future, and hes STILL in good shape? Makes no sence!

This show is incredibly boring, the animation is so bland and repetative. Boring! The plots are the same thing over and over again, please someone cancel this show!

My Brother's 11, hes told me his classmates dont like this show, they think its gay and "boring". So really, why is this show popular when supposibly its not!?

boo!