Ben 10

The Alliance

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Feb 18, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• It's ight.

The villains aren't getting anymore original, and the story hasn't really been progressing as you would like; although it makes incremental developments specifically in this episode. The action was ight, unoriginal villain and an uninspiring one at that, so what exactly does this episode have going for it? The only thing it did well, which is its moral and theme about Ben trying to be responsible and recognizing that the danger of possessing the Omnitrix could harm his loved ones. A good concept, but unfortunately it didn't feel like the episode really concentrated enough on this. It wasn't really that well developed. An average episode overall.
  • It's ight

• cool episode.

Fourarms reluctantly fights a female thief named Joey and her gang, but Vilgax sends more attack drones at the same time. While Ben shifts his attention to the drones, Joey attacks Max. Ben destroys the robots and knocks Joey out, leaving them all at the scene in order to get Max to a hospital. While he is away, the drones fuse with Joey, transforming her into a semi-robotic being called Rojo. Vilgax makes telepathic contact with Rojo through the drones and commands her to steal the Omnitrix. At the hospital, Ben realizes that his watch makes him a constant target and puts Gwen and Max in danger by association; worried for their safety, Ben runs away. He later encounters Rojo and fights her as XLR8, which proves futile. With advice from Max via cell phone, Ben defeats Rojo as Upgrade by merging with and shorting out her robotic parts. In the process, Vilgax makes telepathic contact with Upgrade through the drones and threatens him, claiming that he will obtain the Omnitrix some day. Ben returns to Max and Gwen upon the realization that he needs them. Max tells Ben not to worry about what Vilgax said; however, Max expresses a look of anxiousness while Ben is out of sight.
  • Ben learns that family is the most important support in a superhero's life, and he finally meets Vilgax face-to-face.

I think Ben only meeting Vilgax now is a bit daft, after how Vilgax already knew about Ben's existence and possession of the Omnitrix from long ago. However, this episode marks a turning point in the Ben 10 show, especially when Grandpa Max reveals more than just a slight sign of fear at the mention of the crook. I believe he is in the know about some matters regarding the Omnitrix, but only time will tell.
    The most vital portion of this episode is in Ben and his relationship with Max and Gwen, him learning that family ties can never be broken.
  • Now marked in my favorite episodes list.

After the attack and Joey is merged with the cyber thingy Vilgax talks to her and says to get the Omnitrix from Ben, who is in the hospital with Gwen, waiting for Grandpa Max to recover. Ben thinks Upgrade or some other alien can help, but Gwen tells him to stop and Joey suddenly attacks. Ben runs as Rojo closes in. Ben becomes Heatblast and makes a landslide to notice its leading to a group of workers. He stops the magma slide and is suddenly hit by Rojo. Gwen comes after them, making sure Granpa Max can't leave and it ends the same way: A DARN GOOD ONE!
  • Ben meets Vilgax in this episode, and the series brings us Joey, the leader of a female biker gang.

This episode was okay. When Ben, as Four Arms, is fighting some robot drones, he runs into Joey, the leader of a heavily armed female biker gang. Ben did not want to fight Joey, but he changed his mind when Grandpa Max was injured by Joey. When Max went to the hospital, Ben is very worried about Grandpa, but Gwen keeps consoling him by saying he's going to be okay. Meanwhile, when Joey examined the robot drones, one connected a tube to her neck and converted her into a red cyborg named Rojo. She seems more powerful than normal, and Vilgax is able to communicate with her, to convince her to work for him and get the Omnitrix. It was happy at the end when Ben, as Upgrade, merged with Rojo, and it converted her back to normal Joey. Joey was then arrested by the police, and Max was recovered from the hospital.
  • Ben has to face a powerful alien cyborg named Rojo who is working for Vilgax to try and steal the Omnitrix.

I love this episode! I thought that it was very exciting and interesting to watch. I don't care too much for Rojo, but it was with this episode that I decided Vilgax was one of my favorite characters. When Ben and Vilgax met for the first time, it sort of sent chills throught my spine and made me love this show even more. I liked how the Omnitrix wouldn't turn Ben into the alien he wanted and how it reverted him in the middle of his fight with Rojo. I thought it was funny. I also thought that Ben telling Grandpa Max about his meeting with Vilgax was interesting because it shows that he knows more than he's telling and it makes you guess what he really knows. Overall, this is one of my favorite episodes.
  • Ben meets the villain Vilgax in this episode

XLR8 exhibits strong upper body strength, with the help of some acceleration. Ben, as Four Arms, thwarts a robbery by a very tough female named Joey. But when they meet a second time, Alien Form(s) Used: Upgrade, XLR8, Heat Blast, and Four Arms, Most use form in this episode is Upgrade
  • Ben and the others continue their vacation in New Mexico, and as usual, find unexpected encounters.

The eighth episode, The Alliance, has shown yet another episode on the progress of Vilgax's plan to get the Omnitrix back. This time, he sent two robot drones, but as Ben defeated them, Joey, a female robber, comes along and combines with the robot droid to become Rojo. Shocking twists and turns occurred during the episode, and Ben reveals how much he really cares about Grandpa Max. What puzzles me the most: Max is really up to something...is Vilgax an alien that Max had to deal with in the past?

This episode deserves a 10 out of 10.
  • When Ben's crime fighting puts Grandpa Max in danger, he has some serious afterthoughts about heroism.

*Spoiler Warning*

After Ban breaks up a gang bank robbery, Grandpa Max ends up seriously hurt. At Grandpa's hospital bed side, Ben begins to wonder if he and his family would be better off without his poccesion of the omnitrix. Meanwhile, the gang leader, Joey, merges with Viglax's drones to become a powerful cyborg. She takes orders from Viglax to retrieve to omnitrix. When Ben is attacked by Joey (now "Rojo") at the hospital, he decides that Gwen and Max would be better off wothout him. This demonstrates that Ben is maturing. He no longer just wants to mess aroung with his watch, but is concerned with the saftey of the ones he loves. Finally, Ben goes Upgrade to get in Rojo's head, only to finally meet Viglax face to face. He also gets a cryptic threat from Viglax. At the end, When Ben repeats the message to his grandpa, Max tells him that everything will be fine if they stick toghether. Howver, when Ben describes Viglax to Max, in his initial response Max shows a grim, knowing expression that implies he knows more about Viglax and his troops than we might. This could be a vauge hint into his mysterious past.