Ben and Kate

FOX (ended 2013)

Ben and Kate Fan Reviews (11)

• Annoying characters

Hate Kate's blonde best friend and her accent (so much so that I don't care to learn her name) and not sure about what the black guy's purpose is. Love Ben and Kate. Won't watch again. I tried, I really did cause Ben and Kate are funny.
  • Boring and unfunny.

I turned the pilot off after 12 minutes and won't be watching any of the subsequent episodes. It has a few (very few) worthwhile elements, but Nat Faxon doesn't have the charm to be Will Ferrell-wacky, and "Kate" just seemed to be forever sighing and letting herself be put out. Frankly, I couldn't think of a good reason why I should keep watching. And then I realized: if I have to come up with a reason to watch it, I shouldn't be watching it.

Must-Miss TV.
  • Noses

Why does everyone in the show have a really long weird shaped nose except the little girl? Was it a requirement for getting hired?

Nonetheless, the show isn't too bad.
  • this one is cancelled to!

NOOOOOO! please.
  • BJ rules

I really liked this show, gutted its been axed. A lot of people didnt like Ben, but i found him and his ideas hillarious. And character.
  • amazing show!

i wasn't interested in this show at all when it was advertised, but one night nothing was on and i decided to give it a try. it was a great choice!! It is amazingly humourous and has the same kind of comedy as New Girl. Ben and Kate is a must watch! :D
  • awesome show

love this show. it is humourous ans sensitive- a difficult balance to achieve. every character, and every relation is beautifully carved.

loved every episode.
  • An awesome family show

I don't know why these people are conveying the message that this show is a failure. I love each character and really think people should give it a chance
  • I don't understand how anyone can hate this show

From the beginning, everything about this show has clicked for me. It has an amazing cast of fully realized characters and very funny actors. Nat Faxon can take any line and make it funny; Dakota Johnson plays nervous and awkward like no one else; Lucy Punch is blunt and British; Echo Kellum has shown he has the comedic chops to handle more than what he's given; and Maggie Elizabeth Jones is adorable, but professional.

In fact, Maddie is one of most well-written children on TV. The characters treat her like an adult and she never serves as a moppet. The scenes between her and BJ (Lucy Punch's character) are gut-bustingly funny because she is brutally honest with her. But you never get the sense that she doesn't care about the kid.

The writing is also top notch. "Ben and Kate" is sentimental but it never feels sappy because all of it is earned. And the laughs don't stop because of it either. For example, after Kate embarrasses herself at a Halloween party, she and Ben have a very touching conversation about sandwiches.

I wish more people could see how great this show really is, but I fear that this will join Arrested Development or Better Off Ted as great comedies that Americans have ignored and ultimately canceled. So please, give this show a chance.
  • Echo Kellum Is Hot

Watched Ben and Kate for the first time last night and I discovered that the black guy Tommy is unique and quit handsome... The show was good I plan to keep watching it...
  • Surprising

Hadn't heard a thing about this show when I tuned in. The writing was excellent and the cast was intelligent. I am very excited to see where it goes! Here's to hoping it isn't cancelled.