Ben Casey Forums

ABC (ended 1966)

Great Show!

THEJELLYBEAN66

[1]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 17
    I'm probably going to be the only one to post here.  This is a really old show...black and white....unless someone's
    grandma joins TV.COM and loves Ben Casey, I'm pretty much it.  Hmm...perhaps I should just keep posting by myself? The most memorable epi for me? The one with Davy Jones in it.  I don't remember the plot but I do remember Davy...what an adorable little guy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AprilFox

[2]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 111
    Me too! I love these old shows. Ben Casey was what my grandmother watched and I watched with her, I didn't understand alot of it back then but I do remember the man woman birth death infinity thing! LOL I have fond memories of it mostly because I was with my grandma.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[3]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 17
    Aw...that's really nice!

When I was younger..I think it was in the early 80's...it used to be on at like 3AM on NBC. I used to get up early and sneak over to the TV room to watch! *sigh* I wish I could watch it now....

Wow..I'm stunned someone actually posted here!

AprilFox

[4]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 111
    Don't be I wish that the networks would be smart enough to have a  Medical TV Series channel that would air old shows like Ben Casey, Dr. Kildare, Medic, Marcus Welby, and several others they could easily fill blank spots with medical oriented movies as well. I never knew it reaired in the 80's. Good to know it means that somewhere out there episodes are still available!

genghis48

[5]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 1
    My wife and I were reminiscing and for some reason we started talking
    about the show which I watched religiously, Ben Casey. Man, woman, life
    death, infinity. Black and White. The old days. I was doing an internet
    search to find out the name of who played Dr.Zorba, and saw your entry
    on tv.com. I registered on tv.com as genghis48 and thought I would send
    you an email. Hopefully you will get it. I loved that show.

sixtieschild

[6]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 2

Hi. Ben Casey was such a special series. The writing was superb. The guest stars were some of the greatest actors and actresses of the movies. Some of the guest stars were Mary Astor, Rod Steiger, Melvyn Douglas. Dana Andrews, Shelley Winters, Glenda Farrell, Ann Harding, Patricia Neil. just to name a few. The best reason why this series was one in a million was of the course the great Vince Edwards. James E. Moser was the creator of Ben Casey. When asked why he thought the series was so popular He answered " people love Vince Edwards. He was perfect in the role". Absolutely correct. Vince passed away in 1996 from pancreatic cancer. July 9 would have been Vince's 80th birthday. I am happy to see he is still loved and remembered as evidenced by the internet.. I am sure Ben Casey will be released on dvd soon. I have been trying to have his other forgotten series released on dvd called MATT LINCOLN. Vince played a psychiatrist who ran a walk-in clinic and a telephone hotline for mostly troubled teenagers. It was produced by Universal in 1970. There were sixteen episodes plus the pilot film titled Dial Hot Line. Why were there only sixteen episodes? Because ABC brainlessly scheduled MATT LINCOLN at 7:30 opposite the Flip Wilson Show. Thus missing its target audience completely. It was never given a chance in another time slot. It would be like scheduling Ben Casey at 7:30. MATT LINCOLN was a show that should have been scheduled at 10:00. At least we have the sixteen episodes which people like myself are dying to see again. This series deserves to be on dvd. e-mail your requests to these various distributors, It can't hurt. Universal USHE.consumerrelations@bydeluxe.com Timeless Media Group - info@timelessmusic.com Shout!Factory info@shoutfactory.com