Benidorm

ITV

Benidorm Fan Reviews (8)

• A surprising gem from ITV

Benidorm from the offset creates a bucket load of charecters you fall in love with straight away.
    Just about all of them uncoventional charecters that are seldom found else where. Not to mention Fat actors, old actors, odd looking actors, or what I call REAL PEOPLE! This does what very few shows dare to do, and it's very surprising considering many of them are often half naked!

On paper the mix of personalities may seem a bit over the top, but it works and it all feels natural rather than contrived.

A times theres a sense of the Gervaisesque comedy, ackward real life moments that are funny because you can relate, and at other times you have a feeling of Family Guy, such as the widespread panic over a poo in the pool! Abd then there is that 'Shamless' touch which come from it having real working class charecters with shock value which are sucessfull because these personalities are so underexploited that this show can't help but feel refreshing for having them in it.

Don't miss out on this comedy and be sure to give it a fair try. I could have dismissed this show after one episode, but I'm so glad I didn't. This is probably the best british 'sitcom' since the Office