Benson Forums

ABC (ended 1986)

Why are there so many errors in this episode guide?

robyrob

[1]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    i mean come ON - there are several episodes with DUPLICATE descriptions, missing or completely incorrect guest stars, doesn't anyone who edits the page for this show even WATCH the show?

I was checking to see which episodes Jack Dodson guest-starred in - this guide only lists one, which was NOT the episode I just watched with him in it last night, and in fact the episode description is for a completely different episode.

episode #147 Secret Love - this is the episode where Benson nominates Clayton to be the new Budget Director, but the committee (Headed up by guest stars Jack Dodson and Fran Bennett) springs a surprise question on him by asking about the illegal alien - a Soviet ballet dancer who defected - living with him.
    The TV.com guide incorrectly uses the description here for episode #152 - The Hat in the Ring (check it out - its the same description, just worded differently)

episode #148 The Summer of Discontent - this is the episode where Benson's namesake nephew (guest starring a very young Keenan Ivory Wayans) visits, and Benson tries to get him a job.
    The TV.com guide incorrectly uses the description here for episode #155 - Hi Society (again, check it out - its the same description, just worded differently)

Just quickly scanning over some of the other episodes I see MANY more of these OBVIOUS errors... yet I can't do anything to fix them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GovGatling

[2]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    As soon as I get to Level 2, I have quotes to add to a lot of episodes as well as other info. We'll get the errors fixed little at a time.

GovGatling

[3]Nov 1, 2006
    robyrob, I just submitted the update for "Secret Love" and used your exact phrasing to describe it (I told the mods to give you credit for it!) so hopefully they update it soon. I will get to the other stuff soon plus some other things I noticed are not updated.

GovGatling

[4]Dec 11, 2006

Well roby, I'm trying, but banging my head against a brick wall. There's a quote they have listed under "War Stories" that belongs under "Trust Me" and my request STILL got rejected.

I'm not real happy right now.

(Yet on some "Three's Company" episode we are told Priscilla Barnes is left-handed. So is about a third of the world. Big flippin' deal.)

Edited on 12/11/2006 6:06pm

robyrob

[5]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 2

well, I don't know why I still cant get enough "points" to make submissions or corrections - it seems silly to me that the only way to get points is by doing things that you arent allowed to do.

maybe someday I will be allowed to make submissions, and then I can fix some of the episodes descriptions and add detailed episode guides - I have almost all of the episodes recorded.