Bergerac

BBC (ended 1991)

TheOldBill

Bergerac Fan Reviews (5)

6.8
  • One of the best UK detective shows of the 1980's.

Bergerac is one of my all time favourite TV series. It had a lot of things going for it - a talented cast, interesting stories, the island of Jersey (and I think occasionly they filmed in the UK and abroad, until the later series when they filmed more in France along with Jersey), the instumental score and the characters.

The episodes of Bergerac I remember the best were the ones during the Susan years when Louise Jameson played Jim's estate agent girlfriend Susan.

Around the mid-1980's they the makers of Bergerac started doing an annual Christmas special which aired a week or two before the start of the new regular series. These I remember became more violent as the series went on.

In the last couple of years the focus of the show seemed to move more towards France. I don't recall seeing all of the final few episodes of the series, but it was still a good show. It was better than some of the rubbish shown on UK TV today.

A classic TV series. Wish they could make a one-off reunion special with Jim, Barney, Diamante Lil and of course Charlie.