Best Week Ever

Friday 11:00 PM on VH1 Premiered Jan 23, 2004 In Season

Best Week Ever Fan Reviews (53)

• I prefer the spoof Worst Month Ever at Digital Funtown than the real Best Week Ever...

Definitely has faltered in recent months, I prefer the spoof/parody at Digital Funtown - "Worst Month Ever!", it features some truly juice z-listers including Sinbad, Andy Dick, Larry the Cable Guy and a hilarious cameo from Larry King! I mean, really, Best Week Ever was a great idea, but then E!'s The Soup hosted by Joel McHale came out and, I'm sorry, but it is WAY funnier than BWE. I mean, I TiVo or DVR the Soup every single week, I have even stayed in on some Friday nights to sit back, light up a fattie and laugh my ass off. BWE is a last resort......
  • I use to love the show but then it kind of fell.

If you ask me, the show has gone down hill. Sadly it seems that the commentators have decided to think they are celebrities now. But that's beside the point. The Best Year Ever Special was by far the worst episode ever. The clips they through in every few minutes with the commentators trying to find out about what ever, what a waste. Also they decided to show a clip revealing what happens in the final Harry Potter book and seeing as no news program or even television show have ruined the ending, how dare VH1 and Best Week Ever take it upon themselves to do so. I will most likely continue watching but I have to say I was sadly disappointed in that show.
  • how is this a talk show?

this show is funny at times. it offers a warped view on what has happened in the world of pop culture throughout the week. many of the people on the show are very funny. some are not so funny. i am really amazed that the show has lasted as long as it has.
  • One of VH1s Hits

Best Week Ever (BWE to fans) is a weekly television program on the United States cable/satellite network VH1. It started airing in 2004. On the show, comedians analyze the past week's developments in pop culture, including recent happenings in entertainment and celebrity gossip. The show follows a similar format to that set by the popular miniseries I Love the 80s and its successors (which was actually based on a format put together by the BBC). Each new episode airs on Friday evening at 11:00 PM, and repeats are usually broadcast several times over the weekend. At the end of every episode, the panelists name which celebrity, group of people, or object has had the best week ever. (Some winners include: Shrek, Seinfeld fans, and smoke.) On the last Friday of the month, a month-in-review program is put together with clips from recent shows (it's sometimes called Best Month Ever in that context). There are also year-in review programs (Best Year Ever).

Some panelists on the show and other contributors add stories to an online weblog where fans of the show can get an idea of what will be covered in the upcoming episode. Fans can also add their opinions of the stories. The show's panelists are usually comedians, though sometimes actors and musicians also have guest spots on the program.

• the week in review

A great show. Each week I get a review of what has happened in pop culture. This show is a must for the pop culture junkie. The panelists are funny. The sketches are short enough for today's short attention spans. The best part is trying to guess, who had the best week ever!
  • This definitely could be better

It's strange to watch this show, since the commentators are all either hilarious, up and coming comedians or complete and utter hacks and has-beens. Please! For the love of God, would you people please get rid of the obvious shtters and focus on the funny ones? Aren't there any more funny comedians you could use for this show? Even slightly amusing comedians would work for me.

Please.
  • Not as good as it once was

I still like this show, but not as much as I used to. It used to be a biting look at pop culture, but these days it seems to rely too much on little skits from the panelists. I also miss Mo Rocca and Rachael Harris as they were my favorite commentators.
  • Full of talking heads to catch you up on this weeks pop culture.

VH1 is full of shows that contain many unknown or rather barley known celebratys talking about count downs and such but now we have a show like that every single week. THis is a great show to help you catch up on pop culture and good for a luagh not to mention if you have seen somthing on the list it gives one a giddy feeling of excitiment. Over all the show talks about what has happened that week and makes you laugh while doing it a favorite of VH1's shows.
  • this show is absolutley fabulous.it playback all the funniest moments on tv and in hollywood. i love this show so if i forget to watch an episode of a show,i can watch best week ever.

The producers use news, music video, television and film clips, and fly them through the air to provide ample evidence of how silly celebrities, politicians, sport figures, and others caught in the news spotlight, can behave at times. The VH1 panelists and the weekly guest stars (that include actors, comedians, radio DJ's, musicians, athletes, and writers) opine with amusing, droll, sarcastic, intelligent, whimsical, but never, never boring observations.
  • A funny talk/reality show on VH1.

If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.
  • Great comedy from the network that started it. The weekly show about the week that was is mostly very humorous and has grown into a solid mix of great comedians.

My favorite thing about this show (other than Doug Benson) is the way this show sticks to it's formula. They stick to the big guns (Paris,Brittney,Lindsey,) while adding in the wierd stories from outside the celebrity realm. In this day and age having a successful formula that you can pull of week after week is pretty refreshing considering that shows always end up alienating some viewers becouse of the changes it feels it has to make to stay fresh. BWE has a solid cast that brings fresh wit to the show and for this format that is the best thing that i can say, the cast is really what makes this show go around. And the SIZZLER of course!
  • Best Week Ever is back.

BWE is back with a new cast of panelist to tear apart the week's events! Catch it every Friday on VH1!
  • VH1 makes another hilarious recap show.

VH1, now famous for their nostalgiac shows like I Love the 70's, 80's, and 90's have hit gold with this. Essentially, it just reviews the previous week and pokes fun at absolutely everything. It does not sound like much, but MAN is it funny! Every episode is very funny and does a great job of poking fun at American pop culture. Seriously, folks, this show is consistantly hilarious and has some extremely funny quotes.

"I'd like to spend a whole summer in Paris, but I hear it gets a little muggy."
    On Paris Hilton's "One Night In Paris".

If you didn't find that funny, then this show probably isn't for you.
  • This show talks about things going on during the week that has to do with celebrities.

This show is fairly good. They critize the celebrities of the week. They talk about stupid or funny things that the celebrities do. They make fun of all the celebrites. The celebrities do stupid crap and people laugh at them. This show talks about retard crap. People be cracking jokes on the celebs. This show can be retarded because some jokes dont make sense or not even funny. Some of the commedians are not funny but some are hilarious. This show is all what it sounds like. Its ok if you got nothing to do or if your really into celebrities it gets a 7 out of 10
  • The best guilty pleasure... ever!

I watch this show when ever I can because... well... It's redicules... and I LOVE it! They spoof everything from Paris Hilton to Secret commercials. How can't you find it entertaining? These people are cruel, harsh, and freakin' brillaint! Their humorous (some what NY-17) remarks make us realize one great thing. People in the show buis are most deffantly on crack... in a good entertaining way... possible... Watching this show will give you a good laugh anytime. There is never some dull moment about politics (unless they're making fun of them) and you get to listen to celbrities mocking celbrities.
    Now that's some good watchin'!

Great comedy from the network that started it. The weekly show about the week that was is mostly very humorous and has grown into a solid mix of great comedians. this show is great and i enjoy watching it. Every single time there is something new. Great comedy from the network that started it. The weekly show about the week that was is mostly very humorous and has grown into a solid mix of great comedians. this show is great and i enjoy watching it. Every single time there is something new. I want this show to become "The Best Day Ever!"
  • A funny weekly pop culture news show about all of the crazy things that happen that week.

Best Week Ever is a great show that covers everything that happended in pop culture that week. A lot of it is celebrity gossip, but sometimes they talk politics, or certain things that happened in the news.

They have a panel of comedians, who all share their own thoughts about a certian topic.Every now and then a panel member will leave the show for a while then come back. Or a few new members will show up.

They also do the show in segments. First they cover about five or six of the big stories that week. After that they do "The Sizzler" which is HOT celebrity gossip. Then they do "In cased you missed it" which usually features something funny in the news that you were likely to have missed. Finally they reveal who is having the Best Week Ever. Sometimes they can even get that person to come on the show. Sometimes it not who you would expect.

So, I would definitely recommed watching this show if you can. It comes on Friday nights on VH1.
  • Its great the people are really funny.

This show is realy cool, both informative and funny. Vh1 classic. It tells you all the most interesting things that are happening all over, and then, out of all the catagories they have discussed about, they declare who is having the best week ever. Its a cool show, and what makes it better is that now you can watch it on your cell fone if your subscriber provides it. I reccomend dis show to anyone looking for some relaxing entertainment kiccing bacc on the couch watching Tv.
  • Is this still on?

Great show/idea. Funny.
  • This show does a recap on all of the weekly happenings, and then makes fun of them.

I think this is a good show, first off, it is funny, next, I can not stand celebrities with over publicized lives, so I love to see it when they are made fun of. The thing is though, this is not your average entertainment information show, it also adds in things that happen in sports. They also never upset with their fair share of internet media for us to laugh at and them to make fun of. Overall, like I said before, this is a good show, and there is new stuff to laugh at every week, and whenever I can laugh at stuff from the current week, that can usually make it the Best Week Ever.
  • Too funny

This show is hilarious. Every time I watch it I laugh, and I am a hard one to make laugh! I think all the comedians do an excellent job. I make sure to watch it every week, especially when I need a laugh. I love how it pokes fun of things that we all want to poke fun of, and even somethings that we don't. I wish it would stay on at a standard time though. It seams that it is on at unusual times here. I can never remember for sure when to watch it, and when I do, it may not be on.
  • That was the week that was

Every Sunday morning right after VH-1"s "Top Twenty Countdown" comes the "Best Week Ever," and watching the week past is very funny indeed. there are some stuff that I laugh at it, some stuff that I don't laugh at and some stuff that I had to grab the mute button.it is my sunday morning tradition. I laugh along with the goofballs at the weeks that became history. This stuff is amusing. I watch it every chance I get, on sunday morning where the only thing on is the news. "Best Week Ever" is hip and funny and can you feel the love?
  • Funny show that rips on the chaotic world of pop culture!

I'm one of those kinds of people that can't stand channels like E! and tv shows like Access Hollywood and stuff like that. Frankly, i couldn't care less about the fact that Tom Cruise's and Katie Holmes's baby has never been seen by the paparazzi. Some may say that Best Week Ever is just another one of those shows but i disagree whole heartedly. This show just keeps the laughs coming and rips on the world of pop culture. Ever since i started watching this show it has been nonstop laughs every time. For those who are sick of all of those shows and magazines that seem to stress that the lives of celebrities are of utmost importance, watch this show. For those who watch shows like Access Hollywood and E! news and who read People and US Weekly, give the show a try, you may find that it satisfies your craving.
  • Wanna know whats going on pop culture? To dumb to understand those more complex shows like ET? WELL GUESS WHAT! You don't have to look any further

Best Week ever is a good example of rare television programming. While there are plenty of other pop culture shows that can catch up none of them look as great as this one does. It has humerous moments and always you'll get a chuckle here and there. You always want to see what the "Sizzler" is going to be about and the production values are very high. Nothing is taken very seriously and for once its a welcome breath of fresh air to these kinds of shows. The best feature this show has is who is having the Best Week Ever. And the sad fact is most of the time the people they point out are having the best week ever.
  • From its funny commentary to its "news", this is one of the funniest out there.

I love commentaries, and getting comedic commentaries on pop culture news is just a great idea. I'm the type of person who doesn't laugh at regular "funny" sitcoms, so anything that makes me laugh out loud is rare. VH1's Best Week Ever always seems to bring that rare laugh-out-loud moment. From the unexpected, witty things the guest commentators say to finding out which pop culture obsession had the best week ever, I give this show a rating of 9.1 for its entertaining qualities and just because its fun.
  • And i say better every season for a reason.. HEY THAT RHYMED!

yea, right, anyway. ahem. >.>

Anyway, this is a good show to watch to hear about what happened in the past week. pretty much the important things that has happened. even includes some star news.

It even includes things such as who the stars are dating. also known as "The Sizzle" atleast i think thats what it is called..

Plus, if you hate the news, but you only watch it for the important stuff { like me >.>} then dont worry! jsut watch "best week ever" and you cann see the highlites of the week!
  • This is a funny show.

I like best week ever because it takes news events and pop culture and twists them out of proportion. It is a very funny way to watch the news... without falling asleep. so watch it because it will make you laugh... if you laugh alot. Why do i even review things? bye
  • What separates MTV from VH1, the drama! This is true comedy at the people we love/hate the most!

After watching MTv for about an hour and hearing a lot of yelling about how much the celebrities are complaining that always end with bad pics of them, the most refreshing thing alive. Don't miss them supporting passions and answering mail. It has a similar vibe to I Love the 90's 80' and etc. but much more recent. Better than the news. If only all news shows Could be this funny. Hint Hint Today Show!
  • Hilarious!

This show is so funny. I like how they give you a short 30 minute recap about all the things that happen eack week but they add thier own little funny twist to it. There has never been I time where I watched this show and haven't laughed atleast once or twice. This is one of the best shows on Vh1. And the show also has good comedians. They just make you laugh at the littlest things. And I like how they always have a guest celebrity like when they had David Cook in one episode and Ellen Page in another. This show is fantastic.
  • Talk about my generation...

I wish they re-ran this show more often as I always miss it the couple of times it's on during the weekend. Very funny and talented people are featured as the talking heads. Keeps me updated on all that useless pop culture. They also have some great music featured in the background, though VH1 isn't really know for it's great music. The Best Week Ever blog is equally, if not more, hilarious as well.
< 1 2