Bette

CBS (ended 2001)

Bette Fan Reviews (4)

3.7
  • Bette Midler, Joanna Gleason and a cast of great supporting characters - a true sitcom!

Bette was a sitcom in the truest sense of the word. In the tradition of Lucy & Ethel, Bette Midler & Joanna Gleason are incredibly funny together. Bette is over the top in ALL the right ways. I loved this show and am so sad it was canceled. I can't wait for the entire season to be released on DVD.

With appearances by Dolly Parton, Oprah Winfrey, Tony Danza and others, you can't miss with this show. I only wish the show would have done better and lasted longer. It is a great format for the Divine Miss M, and I fear that this was her last shot at it. Great premise, funny writing and hysterical performances.
  • I love her, but. . .

7.3
    I wish she had approached it differently and not played it quite so bitchy and hard-edged. Ah well, she can laugh at it now and it was a wonderful experience. I have it all taped except the last 2 episodes--I'd happily work a trade with anyone who has those. . .:)
  • I never missed an episode, and now I figure out that I've missed two?!

I read the summary for the show, and am very disappointed to read that there were two shows left un-aired. I watched every episode, and was a huge fan of the show. I was heartbroken when it was canceled. I think CBS should bring it back! The world needs a few laughs, now, and Bette will surely give us more than a few.
  • Could've been better

I had high hopes for this show and it got off to a good start. But week after week it just seemed like it was about Bette getting herself into wacky situations and many times it made her look foolish. But Bette did poke fun at herself a lot as she was playing a variation of herself. Shots were taken at some of her film bombs including Drowning Mona and Isn't She Great. So she gets an A for having a great sense of humor about herself.