Better With You

Better with Dancing

Aired Wednesday 8:30 PM Apr 25, 2011 on ABC

This was my first time watching Better with You. The show received the post-Dancing with the Stars treatment so I decided that I might as well give it a look. I had seen a few snippets of the pilot and was not impressed, but this episode was really not that bad. The show reminded me of the underrated Romantically Challenged from last season.

The big names Joanna Garcia (unfortunately now) Swisher, Kurt Fuller and Debra Jo Rupp all delivered with some solid laughs here. The idea of Casey being better than Mia at dancing was a nice little storyline for the show to have and I laughed during the obviously carefully choreographed dance off between Phillip and Casey.

Larry King's appearance was neither bad nor good tonight, somewhere in the middle.

I do not know if I will watch this again, but I wish ABC could finally have a multi-camera sitcom that takes off. This is a decent show from what I saw and maybe ABC will give it a chance with a second season renewal.

Better with You completely returns to form with this outstanding installment. I'm back on the "Don't Cancel This Show" bandwagon. I see a lot of potential in it, and I hope it continues for a long time, maybe as long as Friends did!

Okay, that might be a bit of a stretch but if it continues delivering quality installments week after week, I will stand by what I said. The story lines here were relatable and hilarious. I was indifferent toward the Larry King appearance but he brought some good dynamics anyway.

The dancing story line was hilarious. That dance at the end really reminded me of "The One with the Ballroom Dancing" from Friends' third season. Just made me quite nostalgic. Overall, great episode of Better with You. Fantastic, even.