Betty Boop

(ended 1939)

rreett

Betty Boop Fan Reviews (6)

7.2
  • May build interest

1st ep (09)
  • Betty Boop is one of the greatset cartoons of all time,but sadly still unknown in my country

I looooove Betty Boop!She is one of the best characters ever!She is pretty,brave,kind little lady who solves problems with her adorable singing.My favorite song is from "Betty Boop Limited" the song is called "Aintcha".Betty Boop first appeared in Max Fleishers talkertoon "Dizzy Dishes" as a poodle like cabaret singer.The main character was her boyfriend Bimbo.After that she got her own cartoon and soonly was transformed into a human.She was based in popular singer Helen Kane and voiced by Helen Kanes impressionater May Questell.The best Betty Boop episodes were from 1930 to 1934.After that Betty Boop was strictly censored.She now had smaller brests,longer dress,became a houswife rather than a suave cabaret singer,and Bimbo was replaced with other characters like Granpy,the inventor,Franky,human boyfriend and Pudgy,her puppy.The main reason Bimbo was gone was that he was a dog,and she was a human,and that could promote bestiality.After censhorship,Bettys episodes became a bit dull,but still remained a classic.Last episode was in 1938,i think.After that Betty faded away from television,but appeared in comic books and pop culture.Sadly many people in Croatia still dont know about her.I really wish they would show Betty Boop episodes in my country.Everybody needs to know about Betty Boop!!!
  • They don't make shows like that no more.

Betty Boop was a great animated show. Even though each and every episode was only 10 minutes long, it had a lot of great qualities: authentic black-white hand animation, great storylines, amazing music, and a bit of craziness that you won't see in now days cartoons. Not to mention Betty Boop, the sweet, kind hearted naïve little lady, that even though her child-like act, set the way for cartoons as we know them today. Until she arrived, all female cartoon characters were pretty much like Mini Mouse. They had flat chest, puffy dresses and tons of ribbons. Betty Boop was the first cartoon female that looked like some kind of a woman, and for that, she deserves our respect.
  • "Betty Boop" carries amination to new heights!

I saw some of the "Betty Boop" cartoons of the 1930's and I saw I admire of how the cartoons are drawn. this is first class stuff compare to the dreadful cartton stuff of the 1960's and 70's. "Betty boop" has top them all. Some of the "Betty boop" cartoons I liked, some I liked even more. some that I loved. "Betty Boop" is an aminated cartoon series like no other. Ever time I check into a "Betty Boop" cartoon on televison, some special is going on. Thnes cartoon are beuatiful and fun to watch. The best animated series on the big screen.
  • good

Betty Boop is a a
    aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a aa good show . Come back soon.
  • Betty Boop is and forever will be one of the best classic cartoons ever.

Betty Boop was one of my favorite cartoons as a little girl. She was my cartoon role-model and I guess she still is. Betty Boop was the hit cartoon years ago. It later became unknown and forgotten. Until now. Betty Boop is everywhere. She went through two huge transformations. From old to new and from dog to woman. Yes I said dog. Betty Boop first started out as a dog. The producers decided to change her in to a woman. But the producers gave Betty Boop some doggish like features. Her head shape came from her former dog self and her huge earrings were once her long droopy ears. Betty Boop is and forever will be one of the best classic cartoons ever.