Beverly Hills 90210

B.Y.O.B.

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jan 10, 1991 on FOX

• Brenda and Brandon drink at Donna's party. Cindy finds out that Brenda drank. She doesn't find out about Brandon When Cindy and Jim go away to Palm Springs,the twins throw a raging party. Brandon drives drunk, crashes Mondale and spends a night in jail.

This is the first episode I remember watching, way back during Season 1 in 1991. I love this show. For me, 90210 is all about issues-oriented shows and raw dialogue. Of course a little soapiness had to be mixed in but these early days, in my opinion, were far superior to the later "purely soapy" days.
    I really think the struggles with peer pressure, consumption of alcohol, dealing with parents etc. were so well dealt with in this beautifully crafted episode. It is so touching when Dylan takes Brandon to an AA meeting at West Beverly High School. This episode demonstrated that Brandon wasn't just a perfect, squeaky clean guy he had previously appeared to be. I also love how Dylan supported Brenda as she watched the party at her home, and her brother, spin out of control. It was great to see the early stages of their beautiful, intense relationship. All around, a wonderful episode.