Beverly Hills 90210

Back in the High Life Again

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 27, 1993 on FOX

• Season 3, Episode 19.

Jack is released from prison. He encourages Dylan to invite all his friends to a party, but only Kelly shows up. Dylan tells Kelly that he has chosen her over Brenda, and they kiss in the hotel pool. Dylan and Kelly take Brenda for a walk to inform her of Dylan's decision, and reveal their summer fling. She screams that she will never speak to them again. The financially destitute Jack wants to dissolve Dylan's trust so that he can have access to the money. Dylan goes along with it to show faith in his father. Jim fears that Jack is taking advantage of Dylan. Mel moves out of the Taylor house. David fears that he will no longer be a part of Erin's life, but Jackie invites him to stay with Kelly and her. Nat forgets to place a winning bet for Brandon; in lieu of cash, Brandon asks for his bookie's phone number. Inspired by her trip to the spa, Andrea decides to change her look…but no one can really tell the difference. Pretty good episode. Brenda was incredibly hot in the final scene. =] Not a bad episode, IMO, and I haven't seen many BH episodes.
  • the beginning of Dylan and Kelly, yuck

Again, I hate Dylan and Kelly so this episode is extremely painful for me to watch. I think they wrote it very well, but I hate the scene where Kelly and Dylan are swimming and she and Dylan talk about Brenda and the fact that she is not there as they flirt and kiss in the pool, and then when they take Brenda for the walk and tell her about the summer. Brenda was understandably upset, "Look I hate you both never talk to me again"
    When Kelly looks hurt as if Brenda had the gall to ask them if they slept together, as if Kelly reputation would not lead to that assumption. And the fact that Dylan told Brenda they all deserved to start from a place that's a little more honest, yeah because he was so honest with her when she came home from Paris! Again not too happy with this episode
  • Brenda is betrayed by the two people she loved the most

7.2
    I HATE Kelly & Dylan together, and words cannot express just how much. Brenda brings out a romantic, committed side to Dylan like noone else, and it's endearing to watch their romantic journey together throughout Seasons 1 and 2. This is the turning point in the show - perhaps the first big jumping the shark moment - as Dylan chooses Kelly in a rather sleazy scene where they passionately start kissing in a pool. Dylan and Kelly as a couple are not well-liked, they don't do what Dylan/Brenda or Brandon/Kelly do - they don't make us believe that they are truly in love. So having to see Dylan choose Kelly over Brenda is one of the toughest things to have to endure during this show. Shannen Doherty performs top-rate in the episode's end scene, really making us believe in Brenda's heartache as the gruesome twosome shamelessly admit their summer fling. Brenda's "don't ever talk to me again" is a perfect way to end the episode, as she walks away leaving Dylan and Kelly looking unsure about their future as a couple. Memorable episode definitely, unfortunately (if you don't ship DK) for the wrong reason.
  • The start of Dylan and Kelly offically!!!

I love it, one of my favorites!!! YAY Dylan and Kelly!!! The pool scene is the best!! They finally get together!! The whole episode is fantastic def. one of the best in the season. I personally have never liked Brenda and always have been in favor of Dylan and Kelly dating its great!!!! When they had the affair on the beach it was fantastic and then finnaly getting together was great. It is clear that the show wanted the couple to be together. Brenda was never right for Dylan thank goodness Kelly came along. Dylan and Kelly Forever and ever YAY
  • The end of Dylan and Brenda. We seethe real Kelly

Dylans father gets out of prison and comes back into his life. Dylan throws a party for him and invites everyone. Brenda's father will not let her attend because he doesn't trust Jack McKay. Brandon doesnt go, because he has a Lakers game he is betting on. No one shows up to the party but Kelly, which leads to Dylan choosing her over Brenda (first come, first serve). Dylan and Kelly make out and go swimming and decide to tell Brenda about their summer fling. Kelly feels guilty (as she should) and at the end they take Brenda for a walk to tell her. They seem shocked by her reaction for some reason, although it is the reaction anyone would expect.
  • their soulmates...forbidden lovers...their deep...

dats wat makes them exiting...their soulmats..forbidden lovers...thier exiting to watch and a cute couple but i will alwayz luv brenda and dylan together....i couldent believe how they went behind brendas back...if i was brenda i would have slapped kelly and dylan....im very suprised during the show run that brenda and kelly never fought...i wouldent have forgaved kelly and dyan that quick like kelly did.....i probley wouldent have even talked to them ever again.....
  • Brandon bets on a basketball game, and Dylan makes a choice...just another day in Beverly Hills!

Brenda and Kelly competing to be Dylan's new girlfriend is very dumb. Is their self esteem so low that they need to compete for the attention and affirmation of some guy? Dylan chooses Kelly, and Brenda is crushed. I don't see why Brenda would be so upset, seeing that she is the one who broke it off from Dylan not one but TWO TIMES!! Also, she cheated on him with Rick...come on now, what did she expect? I'm sorry that she got hurt, but oh well...

I don't see what Dylan and Kelly have in common, except for knowing each other since kindergarten, which is all they seem to talk about. Oh and they're both filthy rich.