Beverly Hills 90210

Castles in the Sand

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Aug 19, 1992 on FOX

• When we realize that Dylan has true feeling for Kelly

7.2
    I hate this episode, I hate the fact that Dylan and Kelly wake up on the beach together and that Brenda admits to spending time with and kissing Rick, yet Dylan did not show her the same respect and kept his fling with kelly to himself. I do howeve like when Brenda gives Dylan the inscription for his watch chain! And I hate when Kelly sees the sand castle knocked over by the wave and looks at Dylan and says "i guess nothing lasts forever" meaning his relationship with Brenda, yeah great best friend she is NOT
  • Growing pains, with the emphasis on the "pains" part

Remember when our favorite teens weren't all moping around, arguing non-stop, complaining, and betraying each other's trust? Yeah, those were the good old days. What I love most about 90210 is how the characters stick together through their imperfect struggles to find their own identities. The gang is no fun in this episode. In fact, most of the episode is boring; the rest is upsetting.

Brandon's girlfriend was annoying. Brenda coming back from Paris with more emotional baggage was annoying. Dylan and Kelly's sneakiness is infuriating. On the subject of Dylan and Kelly, I can't believe that he would string Brenda along like that! Dylan passes up opportunities to discuss problems with Brenda out in the open. He doesn't want to hurt her, but he too often keeps her in the dark about his true feelings until he explodes. Or cheats. With her best friend. Both Dylan and Brenda need to mature to handle a long term relationship, but at least she was honest about Rick...

Okay, I can deal with storylines that I don't like, but usually Donna or Steve will have a subplot that breaks the tension and makes it bearable. This episode has very few redeeming moments, and I'm not just talking about my hate for the infamous Kelly/Dylan/Brenda triangle of death. This one doesn't hold up to repeat viewings.