Beverly Hills 90210

Commencement (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 19, 1993 on FOX

• If you need a reason to watch the show, this is the episode!

I was never really a fan of Beverly Hills 90210 until I watched this episode. If you have seen this episode then you know what I am talking about, and if you haven't seen this episode, you really should. The final moments where the friends are up by the sign that says West Bev makes the episode. The song playing at the end Blood is Thicker than Water is the moment where the whole feeling about the show comes out. If you loved 90210 this is what you remember and not moments like David and Donna's wedding which yes was nice but not a way to end the show. Anyways if you get the chance to see this episode please do!
  • The gang from our favorite zip code graduates from West Beverly

The gang all receive their high school diplomas during this episode and set the stage for the next season - deciding on colleges (Andrea and Brenda) and summer plans (Dylan and Kelly).

The scene I liked the best was the flashback scene with Brenda and Dylan because Dylan told Brenda "I loved you more than I ever thought I could love anyone, maybe that was the problem." ~ you could still see a connection/chemistry between Brenda and Dylan as well as Shannen and Luke even though Dylan was Kelly.

I also love how in the morning after the gang hung the "W Bev Hi '93" sign over the Hollywood sign they just stood their staring at it and every single one of them had a smile on their face - it was as if they were saying the past is the past and it was time to move on to their futures. -JMO
  • Superb

I might be bias because I hadn't watched many of the previous episodes but I thought that this episode was brilliant - reminding us what they had all been doing for the past three years and why we love the show. It was great seeing clips of Kelly and Brenda as proper friends, Brenda and Dylan as a couple, Andrea offering herself to Brandon and Andrea and Steve trying to exchange an egg.
    I especially enjoyed the clips when everyone got their diplomas - showing the best bits of each character. I was also glad Kelly's dad showed up and Dylan patched things up with his mom.