Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

A Dylan/kelly and Steve/Janet thread

zimba05

[1]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    My favorite couples... Discuss people!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

txgirl75

[2]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    Didn't care for DYlan and Kelly. Steve and Janet were cute together. They were fun to watch.

LAWelk

[3]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 10

I didn't like D/K either, but Steve and Janet were cute together. Steve needed someone who would take charge and call him on his callous behavior. Claire was good with Steve as well. I was disappointed when she left the show; however, Janet was a good choice for Steve. I was glad he stepped up as a father, it redeemed some of his boorish behavior.

I thought the penguin analogy was cute with them. I liked the way they had a painting of three penguins in the house, but never brought attention to it, it just sort of lurked in the background.

dool_girl

[4]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 27
    Ya I really liked Steve and Clair too and felt like her departure from the show was really sad and didnt bring a lot of closure but i LOVED steve and janet! I really liked seeing steve grow up and mature and finally settle down and start a family I thought it was beautiful. And I am a big Dylan/Kelly fan. I know a lot of peopple hate how they got together, which yes was wrong, but dylan is at fault just as much as kelly yet people tend to hate kelly more. I liked Brandon and Kelly too but i was always a dylan kelly fan!

zimba05

[5]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    dool_girl wrote:
    Ya I really liked Steve and Clair too and felt like her departure from the show was really sad and didnt bring a lot of closure but i LOVED steve and janet! I really liked seeing steve grow up and mature and finally settle down and start a family I thought it was beautiful. And I am a big Dylan/Kelly fan. I know a lot of peopple hate how they got together, which yes was wrong, but dylan is at fault just as much as kelly yet people tend to hate kelly more. I liked Brandon and Kelly too but i was always a dylan kelly fan!
    Steven and Janets daughter was so beautiful. Maddie was it? Steven as a father. Who would have thought... Yeah, I do not really get why Kelly gets blamed for the whole Kelly-Dylan-Brenda situation. Yes, she did go behind Brendas back and Yes that was wrong.But, Hello(!) so did Dylan.Blame him too would you? Kelly fell in love with Dylan in season three. I do not reallyblame her beacuse how can you control who you fall in love with? She went about it the wrong way (again, she was not the only one), but she was also the one who ended it when Brenda came home. Dylan did not seem so sure that he wanted to let her go.

stellarchick86

[6]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 32
    Im not a big d/k fan, and it didnt have much to do with them sleeping around, I didnt like Kelly long before that she was such a snob, and Dylan I thought was okay except for the sleeping around part.

S and J I love together! They were adorable. I like Steve and Claire too but I liked him with Janet more because all S and C did was fight. And her departure was kind of weird too, she was the girls roomates and then it was like she was never heard from again once she departed on the beach (kinda weird) lol.

sheerwill

[7]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^ For me, it's kind of the opposite of how you feel. I thought Steve and Janet were good together, but I liked Steve and Claire better.

Dylan and Kelly. I think everyone knows by now how much I hate this couple.

LAWelk

[8]Jan 31, 2008

I am a huge Bren/Dylan fan, which I know is not exactly secretive, but, I never thought it was all Kelly's fault. It takes two to do that, and I blame Dylan as much as Kelly. My dislike for Kelly and Dylan was not based on the cheating alone. Kelly was so self righteous and snotty from the first day. What bothered me about her getting with Dylan was the way she dropped little digs to Brenda. For example, she was all too happy that Brenda might get caught smoking by her parents. She was mean after she and Dylan got together also. When she was hospitalized for the O.D. on the diet pills, the first thing she says to Brenda is "It looks like I'm going to live, so you won't be getting Dylan back". So uncalled for.

But, Brenda and the cheating aside, Kelly was not exactly sensitive to Dylan after his dad died. At the Walsh house, she'll all upset that he's not more attentive to her. His dad just died, how attentive could he be? And, if I remember correctly, she didn't almost didn't go to the funeral. I guess I never felt like she really supported Dylan. With Brandon, she seemed more at ease and relaxed. For me, during season 4, when she was with Brandon on the retreat, she was quite sweet. Then, I really started to like Kelly Taylor, and see what other people might like the character, but before then, I never understood why people liked the character so much.

Now, please do not misunderstand, Brenda was no saint, and she too had her moments where she was an incredible snot and whiner; but, I felt like she and Dylan had a deeper connection.

I don't know if I've explained myself clearly enough, but anyways, hopefully that gives some insights.

gwen13579

[9]Jan 31, 2008
    I liked neither couple. One of the couples as you well know by now, I despised.

stellarchick86

[10]Jan 31, 2008
    Yeah, I definetly agree with you LAWelk. I didnt like Kelly because of her snobbiness. The writers felt they needed the 'snobby rich popular girl' Im sure but that was like way extreme.

gwen13579

[11]Feb 1, 2008
    I don't think I hated Steve/Janet. I never really saw enough of them to hate them. I guess I just always wanted Steve to be with Clare.

arkhyel

[12]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 37

Dylan and Kelly seems fine to me, but I really think that Antonia was right person for Dylan. I also have to say that I liked Brandon and Kelly more than Dylan and Kelly. Dylan and Kelly were fascinating couple, I'm not sure if they ever were actually in love but somehow they always ended together someway.

Steve and Janet wasn't really good couple for me. I didn't hate that couple, but maybe disliked. It was certainly better than Steve and Carly, but Steve and Clare was really my favorite. I think that Steve got bit boring because of Janet. And they had lot of issues, I can't imagine them together when Maddie is grown up.

Edited on 02/01/2008 12:40pm

LAWelk

[13]Feb 1, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Yeah, I definetly agree with you LAWelk. I didnt like Kelly because of her snobbiness. The writers felt they needed the 'snobby rich popular girl' Im sure but that was like way extreme.

Good point stellarchick86. Kelly was needed for friction, but, I do agree with you that they took it WAY too far!

sheerwill

[14]Feb 1, 2008
    arkhyel wrote:

Dylan and Kelly seems fine to me, but I really think that Antonia was right person for Dylan. I also have to say that I liked Brandon and Kelly more than Dylan and Kelly. Dylan and Kelly were fascinating couple, I'm not sure if they ever were actually in love but somehow they always ended together someway.

Dylan and Kelly got back together because of cast departures. They were the default couple. Brenda and Brandon were no longer on the show.

gwen13579

[15]Feb 1, 2008
    If I were to use a word to describe Dylan and Kelly, it wouldn't be "fascinating".

mcdreamygal24

[16]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 13
    I don't like either couple. Especially Dylan/Kelly. Steve and Janet didn't really bother me, but Iprefer him with Clare.
    Edited on 02/01/2008 1:53pm

arkhyel

[17]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 37

sheerwill: I don't remember clearly most of the seasons, but I'm pretty sure that finale wasn't the only time Dylan and Kelly got back together after they broke up.

Gwen: I'm not suprised that you don't find them fascinating. The way I see 90210 couples is that there is classic couples like David & Donna or Steve & Clare, and there are annoying couples like Kelly & Matt or Donna & Ray, and there are fascinating couples like David & Valerie or Dylan & Kelly. I think it's a good thing that there were some changes in relationships, it would be boring to watch Brenda & Dylan and Brandon & Kelly for ten seasons. The various relationships is one thing that makes this show superior to other shows, at least for me.

gwen13579

[18]Feb 1, 2008
    Dylan and Kelly bored me. Honestly. Season 3 for me is a terrible season to sit through. And even though Season 4's my favorite season, it's only because of the last half of it. More Dylan/Kelly same-old,-same-old in the first half.

sheerwill

[19]Feb 1, 2008
    arkhyel wrote:

sheerwill: I don't remember clearly most of the seasons, but I'm pretty sure that finale wasn't the only time Dylan and Kelly got back together after they broke up.

I meant they "ended up" together by default. It was only because of cast departures, otherwise they wouldn't have been endgame. They were on and off when they dated during Seasons 3-4.

Edited on 02/01/2008 4:19pm

stellarchick86

[20]Feb 1, 2008
    arkhyel wrote:

Gwen: I'm not suprised that you don't find them fascinating. The way I see 90210 couples is that there is classic couples like David & Donna or Steve & Clare, and there are annoying couples like Kelly & Matt or Donna & Ray, and there are fascinating couples like David & Valerie or Dylan & Kelly. I think it's a good thing that there were some changes in relationships, it would be boring to watch Brenda & Dylan and Brandon & Kelly for ten seasons. The various relationships is one thing that makes this show superior to other shows, at least for me.

I feel the exact same way you do. 10 seasons of B/K and B/D would be nice, but super boring! I love Ryan and Marissa of the OC but Im not about to slit my wrists or scream at the tv when they date someone else. B/K and D/B were the 2 major couples of the show, youre going to expect that they arent going to be together for a period of time..its how they show gets its drama, and then when one of them realizes how much they love the other and they get back together the writers know the audience will love that moment of the show. I think people can be a little too obsessed with tv couples nowadays.