Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

A Dylan/kelly and Steve/Janet thread

  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [21]Feb 1, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750
    ^ I don't think people have a problem with their favorite couples dating other people for a period of time. The main reason why so many people are pissed is because of the ending. Most people didn't want Dylan and Kelly to "end up" together. Unfortunately, the departures of Brenda and Brandon (combined with bad writing) made that the ending. So it's understandable why folks are upset.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [22]Feb 1, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I think most people have a prob with B/K dating other people for a long period of time, and D/K kind of took up a large portion, since they are big B/K fans. Trust me, some people on here would want B/K from the pilot to the series finale if they could. And thats what i was saying, its not feasible for that, because of Jason leaving and whatever else .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [23]Feb 2, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    ^ Actually, as much as I DESPISED people like Tracy, I was glad they had B/K seeing other people in S6/7, because it emphasised their love for each other. And it led to the point that Kelly chose Brandon over Dylan in S7. So it was fine by me that they saw other people .... As long as they ended up together. Which unfortunately, wasn't shown to happen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [24]Feb 2, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I just dont think that all this D/K hostility is over just the ending with most people thats all. It was pretty much once he returned from then on, it was like not again!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [25]Feb 2, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750
    ^ Because it was obvious immediately when Dylan returned in S9, which direction the show was going. With no Brandon or Brenda, everyone knew the focus was going to be on D/K, and that's what people dreaded. The D/K hostility started because of the S3 triangle and it increased steadily over time. The S5 situation and Dylan's return made it worse, and the D/K resentment remains to this day.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [26]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    sheerwill wrote:
    ^ Because it was obvious immediately when Dylan returned in S9, which direction the show was going. With no Brandon or Brenda, everyone knew the focus was going to be on D/K, and that's what people dreaded. The D/K hostility started because of the S3 triangle and it increased steadily over time. The S5 situation and Dylan's return made it worse, and the D/K resentment remains to this day.


    Yes, thats what I said. And you said its because of the s. finale..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [27]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750

    ^ Well, people wouldn't have been so bitter if Dylan ended up with Brenda, and Brandon ended up with Kelly. They would still be upset about the events of S3 and S5 like you suggested, but all of the animosity that you see going on in this forum and other forums wouldn't be there. The debates would be much more "friendly" if the ending was different.

    Also, I think if D/B and B/K dated other people for some time, it would be ok with most folks. That keeps the storylines interesting. The problem is with D/K as a couple. Many people, including myself, would have preferred if D/K never happened.

    Edited on 02/03/2008 1:18am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [28]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    ^ sheerwill, include me in that. I NEVER wanted DK to happen. I wanted BK to start happening way back when DK first started. I thought DK was a mistake from the beginning. But not everyone agrees so what are you gonna do
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CollegeGrad

    CollegeGrad

    [29]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 502
    What about Steve and Janet people. This thread includes them too. LOL.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [30]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    See, I knew there were people like Gwen out there! Thanks Gewn for speaking up! lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [31]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    ^HAHA glad to be of help!!!

    CollegeGrad, I never saw much of Steve/Janet. But to be honest, I wanted Steve and Clare to be endgame. It bothers me that they weren't.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [32]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Yea, I do think that S & C were cute but they fought so much and I just dont believe it wouldve worked out in the long run. When Janet got pregnant, Steve kind of grew up overnight in order to be a good dad. If he was still with Claire (and she didnt get pregnant) (or with Janet and didnt get pregnant), I think eventually they wouldve broken up and he wouldve still been set in his "jock frat boy womanizer" type ways.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zimba05

    zimba05

    [33]Feb 5, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 495
    CollegeGrad wrote:
    What about Steve and Janet people. This thread includes them too. LOL.


    Just thinking the same thing...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [34]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Well you know D/K were the more popular couple..with S/J it was like.. what more can you say? I already said all I could lol. S/J were just for a few seasons, D/K was since what, s3, off and on I guess you could say?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [35]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    I don't really remember Steve/Janet much. At least not like I do Steve/Claire. I didn't watch enough of the final seasons for all the obvious reasons to remember enough about SJ.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zimba05

    zimba05

    [36]Feb 24, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 495

    Did this thread... die or something?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CollegeGrad

    CollegeGrad

    [37]Feb 25, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 502
    zimba05 wrote:

    Did this thread... die or something?

    yup, it was killed by the Dylan/Kelly/Brandon conversations

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zimba05

    zimba05

    [38]Feb 26, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 495
    CollegeGrad wrote:
    zimba05 wrote:

    Did this thread... die or something?

    yup, it was killed by the Dylan/Kelly/Brandon conversations



    Yeah... Why do people ALWAYS discuss that triangle in every thread on this board?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [39]Mar 1, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    CollegeGrad wrote:
    zimba05 wrote:

    Did this thread... die or something?

    yup, it was killed by the Dylan/Kelly/Brandon conversations

    Uh, if you hadn't noticed, my last post had NOTHING to do with any triangle, so stop being so sarcastic.

    The only reason people talked about the triangle in the first place was because the question was raised of why Dylan would be godfather or best man over someone else, and people concluded the Kelly thing had a lot to do with that, and yes, people tend to go off on a tangent and talk about why the DK thing would come into play here, and why people really don't like that. So it's NOT like people are just talking about DKB for no reason.

    But ANYWAY, maybe it just so happens there aren't many DK or SJ lovers around here? Steve/Claire were a very popular couple and the way they ended sucks.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.