Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Am I the only one?

gwen13579

[21]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    Exactly. If Brandon and Kelly had nothing in common then they wouldn't have got along so well when they first started dating. And that was the point - they were such good friends beforehand that it became pretty easy for them to make that transition from friends to lovers, because they knew and trusted each other.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mcdreamygal24

[22]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 13
    gwen13579 wrote:
    Exactly. If Brandon and Kelly had nothing in common then they wouldn't have got along so well when they first started dating. And that was the point - they were such good friends beforehand that it became pretty easy for them to make that transition from friends to lovers, because they knew and trusted each other.
    Exactly. Their relationship was just so amazing, because they were just so great together. I was always was upset that it took so long to get them together.They should have been together after the spring dance.I'm sorry but you don't kiss someone like that and then say you think of them as a sister.

zimba05

[23]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 12
    sheerwill wrote:

BR4NDON_W4LSH wrote:
    Kelly seemed like she meant good as a friend..but deep inside her motives were pretty selfish,she was all about herself and willing to destroy anything in her way to get what she wanted.

With Brandon and Kelly I think it was never meant to be, as good as it seemed..the reality was they were two very different people moving in different directions.I thought Brandon and the Freshman in season 3 looked pretty good together...forgot her name??but ya!

I completely disagree with you. Brandon and Kelly were definitely meant to be. They actually had a lot in common and got along very well for the most part, unlike her and Dylan. The Brandon and Kelly characters were just a perfect fit. They were very much in love and their relationship appeared it could last for a lifetime. If only Jason didn't leave the show.....

Brandon and Kelly loved each other, yes. But as Kelly said herself when talking to Dylan, Brandon and she where best friends.I did not see any passion between these two.

zimba05

[25]Jan 29, 2008
    gwen13579 wrote:

The same thing could be said about Dylan and Kelly.

gwen13579

[26]Jan 29, 2008
    ^ dear oh dear oh dear...

zimba05

[27]Jan 29, 2008
    gwen13579 wrote:
    ^ dear oh dear oh dear...

What?

gwen13579

[28]Jan 29, 2008
    ^ the comment you made about brandon and kelly having no passion.
    Edited on 01/29/2008 9:45am

zimba05

[29]Jan 29, 2008
    gwen13579 wrote:
    ^ the comment you made about brandon and kelly having no passion.

Aaah... Did not know with comment you where talking about.

Yeah, well I did not see any passion between those two. Love, yes. Passion, not really.

sheerwill

[30]Jan 29, 2008
    zimba05 wrote:
    sheerwill wrote:

BR4NDON_W4LSH wrote:
    Kelly seemed like she meant good as a friend..but deep inside her motives were pretty selfish,she was all about herself and willing to destroy anything in her way to get what she wanted.

With Brandon and Kelly I think it was never meant to be, as good as it seemed..the reality was they were two very different people moving in different directions.I thought Brandon and the Freshman in season 3 looked pretty good together...forgot her name??but ya!

I completely disagree with you. Brandon and Kelly were definitely meant to be. They actually had a lot in common and got along very well for the most part, unlike her and Dylan. The Brandon and Kelly characters were just a perfect fit. They were very much in love and their relationship appeared it could last for a lifetime. If only Jason didn't leave the show.....

Brandon and Kelly loved each other, yes. But as Kelly said herself when talking to Dylan, Brandon and she where best friends.I did not see any passion between these two.

That remark was contrived since Jason was no longer on the show, and the writers were trying to shift focus from K/B to K/D. K/B definitely had a passionate relationship. Look at the way they interacted and their intense kisses. They had a mature, adult relationship that could last a lifetime. Jennie and Jason had amazing chemistry. The same cannot be said for Luke and Jennie. And the K/D relationship was more dysfunctional than normal.

Edited on 07/07/2008 2:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

sheerwill

[31]Jan 29, 2008

zimba05 wrote:
    gwen13579 wrote:

No it can't. Dylan and Kelly were not shown to be good friends before they started backstabbing Brenda in Season 3. K/D DIDN'T get along well. There was a lot of fighting and arguing in their relationship. Like I've said, they were very dysfunctional. Brandon was the perfect guy for Kelly.

gwen13579

[32]Jan 29, 2008
    Exactly! When the hell did Dylan and Kelly ever truly interact with each other pre-summer fling, let alone be shown to be good friends?? I'll tell you when - never.

zimba05

[33]Jan 29, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:

zimba05 wrote:
    gwen13579 wrote:

No it can't. Dylan and Kelly were not shown to be good friends before they started backstabbing Brenda in Season 3. K/D DIDN'T get along well. There was a lot of fighting and arguing in their relationship. Like I've said, they were very dysfunctional. Brandon was the perfect guy for Kelly.

Hmmm... Backstabbing Brenda? And she of course where perfect and did not meet anyone in Paris. Okey, I will admit that D/K argued alot. They where both passionate people with strong wills. But, they loved eachother.Have you seen season 9 and 10? Brandon was the perfect guy? So, why is it again that they did not get married?

stellarchick86

[34]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 32
    Oh dear Lord...a wars going to start over here about fictional tv characters lol.

zimba05

[35]Jan 29, 2008
    gwen13579 wrote:
    Exactly! When the hell did Dylan and Kelly ever truly interact with each other pre-summer fling, let alone be shown to be good friends?? I'll tell you when - never.

They have known eachother all their lives. Or, at least since kindergarten.

zimba05

[36]Jan 29, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Oh dear Lord...a wars going to start over here about fictional tv characters lol.

LOL Yeah, I know. We tend to get a little crazy...

gwen13579

[37]Jan 29, 2008

zimba05 wrote:
    gwen13579 wrote:
    They have known eachother all their lives. Or, at least since kindergarten.

I said when were they shown to interact??? Never. That kindergarden stuff was made up crap to suit their season 3 summer fling

sheerwill

[38]Jan 29, 2008

zimba05 wrote:
    Hmmm... Backstabbing Brenda? And she of course where perfect and did not meet anyone in Paris. Okey, I will admit that D/K argued alot. They where both passionate people with strong wills. But, they loved eachother.Have you seen season 9 and 10? Brandon was the perfect guy? So, why is it again that they did not get married?

Brenda meeting a random guy in paris IS NOT the same as D/K have an affair behind Brenda's back! Not even close! Dylan was Brenda's boyfriend and Kelly was her best friend, and they backstabbed her. That's unjustifiable and unforgivable.

Brandon was the best fit for Kelly. B/K didn't get married because Jason left the show. If Brandon stayed,it would be B/K endgame. I'm sure of that and deep down in your heart you know that's true also. It's a well-known fact that D/K was the default couple. Kelly may have loved Dylan, but her true love was Brandon. In Season 7, Kelly said she's not in love with Dylan anymore and she chose Brandon "once and for all," so all of the developments of Seasons 9-10 would be irrelevant if Brandon was there.

Edited on 01/29/2008 12:56pm

gwen13579

[39]Jan 29, 2008
    hi sheerwill! i see you're posting over in the 90210fans board too

sheerwill

[40]Jan 29, 2008
    Hey Gwen. Yup, I'm doing both simultaniously. LOL