Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Am I the only one?

gwen13579

[41]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    haha me too! have you seen my latest dylan/kelly list? go check!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sheerwill

[42]Jan 29, 2008
    lol, i just checked. those were good. i typed a long reply in brandon's true love.

gwen13579

[43]Jan 29, 2008
    i read it, it's great, and so true. i'm going to respond right now in fact

wilezrules

[44]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 9
    Yeah Kelly treated Brandon like crap, and he just kept taking it. Dylan told her what the score was and put her in her place. All Kelly did was hold Brandon back from being great. She wasn't supportive at all. He wanted bigger and better things, and she always stood in the way (partly do to his own stupidity for not seeing sooner that she was horrible for him). They shoulda brought Collin back, out of jail, all nice and clean, and win Kelly over. Kelly doesn't deserve Brandon.

stellarchick86

[45]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 32
    Yeah I agree Wilezrules. Ive only season 7-10 and then now on season 1 on soapnet so I havent really seen B/K at their PRIME but it seemed all Kelly did towards the end was b1tch at Brandon for something she didnt agree with or something he did or whatever. It was like hes his own person, either accept it or not be with him, but you cant change him. Even though he didnt really take it and she said sorry first, she did it alot and youd think after a while hed be like ok no more...and then the whole Emma thing happened, hmm wonder why?

gwen13579

[46]Feb 5, 2008
    Season 8 was crap. Sorry but it was. And it has the worst ending to any season i've ever seen. The plotlines and dialogue, utter crap.

wilezrules

[47]Feb 5, 2008
    The Emma thing, and Emily thing in Season 5 were the ONLY thing that was questionable that Brandon did. And very big question marks to be sure. But like you hinted, I wonder why, in the case of Emma. You have some nagging b|tch nagging at you about the way you put on your pants in the morning, you start to look elsewhere for loving, especially when that other person, isn't exactly supportive of your personal aspirations, and you've GIVEN up all your dreams to be with her already. Lets not forget, Brandon was on the fast track coming out of college, but because of his own stupidity (IMO) to be with Kelly no matter what, he slowed down.

gwen13579

[48]Feb 5, 2008
    I still think and always will think Jason and the writers should take equal blame for the way things went S8. S7 clearly pointed to the fact that the writers intended them to be endgame. Otherwise the whole ring plot and Kelly admitting she'd finally chose Brandon over Dylan was pointless. Had the show stopped at Season 8, I believe it would have been a much stronger season, without all the cheating crap, and I didn't even care if BK got married, as long as they got the happy ending they deserved.

sheerwill

[49]Feb 5, 2008
    ^ Why equal blame? Because Jason decided to leave the show? I think he was stupid for leaving.

gwen13579

[50]Feb 5, 2008
    Equal blame. Jason leaving because it obviously affected the way the things panned out for the character & the couple; and the writers for writing complete crap to allow that to happen.

stellarchick86

[51]Feb 6, 2008

wilezrules wrote:
    The Emma thing, and Emily thing in Season 5 were the ONLY thing that was questionable that Brandon did. And very big question marks to be sure. But like you hinted, I wonder why, in the case of Emma. You have some nagging b|tch nagging at you about the way you put on your pants in the morning, you start to look elsewhere for loving, especially when that other person, isn't exactly supportive of your personal aspirations, and you've GIVEN up all your dreams to be with her already. Lets not forget, Brandon was on the fast track coming out of college, but because of his own stupidity (IMO) to be with Kelly no matter what, he slowed down.
    I cant tell if youre agreeing with me or being sarcastic, lol, but thats exactly what I was trying to say.

And Gwen, I think itd be more of the producers or head of FOX or whoever's fault for what they did/wanting2 more seasons. The writers were just trying to do a way with Jennie staying and Jason leaving..its not really their fault, they had to do what they could do. And if they had a long-distance relationship, I dont think fans would be too pleased, and if Kelly left I dont think theyd want that, and Jennie didnt want to go. So blame the money hungry people from Fox and the producers of 90210 or whoever is in charge of that, not the writers.

Edited on 02/06/2008 12:46am

gwen13579

[52]Feb 6, 2008
    ^ So I don't get to blame the writers for writing complete and utter crappy dialogue??? Well sorry everyone, but that's exactly what I do, and what I've always done.

wilezrules

[53]Feb 6, 2008
    Writers made the best of a lousy situation. They brought Dylan back in a completely last ditch attempt to salvage something. It didn't work. Long distance wouldn't work, because with Dylan coming back the Kelly-Dylan thing would start again. Come on, does anyone REALLY think Kelly chose Brandon in Season 7? It's one thing to say that to Brandon with Dylan completely out of the picture and safely in another country, but remember, she went to the airport to meet Dylan. Dylan wasn't there. If Dylan HAD been there, sparks would've flew again. Lets not lose sight of the fact that the Kelly character is very selfish. And lets not lose sight of the fact that she constantly cheated on Matt with Dylan. Lets not forget she did the same to Brandon in Season 5. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

gwen13579

[54]Feb 6, 2008
    Do I think she really chose Brandon? ummm... yes.

Do I recall her saying she's not in love with Dylan, was going to meet a friend because he asked her to, and was going to tell him she'd finally chosen? ummm... yes.

But I do agree, Kelly is a self-righteous as they come. However, she kept Brandon's ring around her neck all that time. That was enough proof to convince me he really was her TRUE love. And I do think she'd realised by that point that Dylan was never really THE one for her. In fact, P.S. I Love You convinced me as much. She'd only just chosen 'herself', and yet Brandon's the one she continuously wants to be with again. She could've chased Dylan again, but didn't

sheerwill

[55]Feb 6, 2008

wilezrules wrote:
    Writers made the best of a lousy situation. They brought Dylan back in a completely last ditch attempt to salvage something. It didn't work. Long distance wouldn't work, because with Dylan coming back the Kelly-Dylan thing would start again. Come on, does anyone REALLY think Kelly chose Brandon in Season 7? It's one thing to say that to Brandon with Dylan completely out of the picture and safely in another country, but remember, she went to the airport to meet Dylan. Dylan wasn't there. If Dylan HAD been there, sparks would've flew again. Lets not lose sight of the fact that the Kelly character is very selfish. And lets not lose sight of the fact that she constantly cheated on Matt with Dylan. Lets not forget she did the same to Brandon in Season 5. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Wow, you really are a Dylan/Kelly fan now, LOL. In S5, she was in love with both Brandon and Dylan, so she was torn between the two of them. You could argue that she also cheated on Dylan in S4 when she kissed Brandon and by continuing to be flirtatious with Brandon until they finally hooked up. In S7, she specifically said that she's not in love with Dylan anymore!!! She ONLY loved Brandon! Her heart belonged to him. So I disagree with your suggestion of sparks flying if Dylan was at the airport. She went to the airport WEARING THE RING, anticipating Dylan was going to be there, and wanted to tell him that she chose Brandon. She had made her decision, once and for all, and that was Brandon.

Kelly cheating on Matt in S9-10 is not the same thing. She was never really in love with him. Kelly was reluctant to get back into a relationship with Dylan because he was screwed up emotionally and on drugs ever since he came back. If she was with Brandon instead of Matt, I highly doubt that she would have betrayed him. The Kelly character grew up a lot after the cocaine ordeal. She became more mature, so it's unlikely she would cheat on someone she truly loved. The writers would have probably broken them up and redone the B/K/D triangle if both Brandon and Dylan were there in S9-10, but in the end she would've chosen Brandon. B/K had true love, D/K didn't.

Edited on 02/06/2008 12:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

stellarchick86

[56]Feb 6, 2008
    wilezrules wrote:
    Writers made the best of a lousy situation. They brought Dylan back in a completely last ditch attempt to salvage something. It didn't work. Long distance wouldn't work, because with Dylan coming back the Kelly-Dylan thing would start again.

Yea I agree..the writers were just doing the best they could. If any of us were writers we wouldve done pretty much the same thing. I just think theres always a fan that would complain either way, if they break up, have a LDR, have them break up and have Kelly go back to him at the end of season 10..not everyones going to be ok with it.

wilezrules

[57]Feb 6, 2008
    Once again, always easy to say you love someone, when the other person you may or may not love, is half way across the world. Time and time again, they had her and Dylan with this sexual tension between the two of them. Even early in Season 5, when Brandon-Kelly was still in the beginning. And we don't know that Kelly didn't go for Dylan after PS I Love You. We do know, how upset she was when Dylan announced that he was marrying Toni, which leads me to believe, that she was carrying a torch for Dylan as well. Dylan left. Out of sight out of mind. Maybe she would have still gone for Brandon had Dylan been in the picture, but I doubt it. She would have still been in "I choose me" mode. And no I'm not D/K or B/K, I'm neither actually. I thought both couples made no sense to me, both had good moments, but I'm not sold that Kelly is good for either of them. I think Brandon deserved a lot better, and quite frankly so did Dylan. I'm in the minority, but thats my opinion.

sheerwill

[58]Feb 6, 2008

^ Then why did she wear the ring to the airport to tell Dylan she had chosen Brandon? Obviously she was sincere about only being in love with Brandon.

If Kelly had gone for Dylan after PS I Love You, then they would have indicated that to the viewers somehow. But since they didn't do that, it means she didn't go after Dylan. They only showed Kelly wanting Brandon back, which indicates she prefers him over Dylan.

Edited on 02/06/2008 9:39pm

wilezrules

[59]Feb 6, 2008
    She went to the airport, but Dylan wasn't there. He WASNT there at all. Who's to say? All her history indicates, the exact opposite. Brandon happened to be there, Dylan wasn't. Bottom line is, when all 3 of them were there, she couldn't choose. And again, she did go to Dylan, she went to him and was very upset that he was marrying Toni. Now why would she be that upset about it, particularly when at that time, not only was Brandon still in the mix (and with a girl of his own Susan) but she had a boyfriend, but yet still, she totally shows her true feelings and explode on him like that? Also keep in mind the situation. Dylan asked her to go around the world with her. Brandon asked her to MARRY him. She turned them both down. Could it be she went to Brandon because A. Technically, her and Dylan never got back together, because (the cheater) was still WITH Brandon or B. Because she realized, that the committment he made was much greater than that of Dylans, and that because the little b|tch shot him down, she knew that he may need a lot more sympathy? I tend to think both A and B. Dylan I'm sure was heartbroken, but Brandon, was completely devastated. Guy makes the highest committment a guy can make, and gets shot down. And, look they all went their seperate ways. Dylan took his trip by himself, Brandon went to Boston, and Kelly went to New York. Kelly comes back with Collin, Brandon comes back re-energized, and Dylan comes back with revenge on his mind about his father. First episode of Season 6 is very telling about what may have happened, Brandon and Kelly seem to be very cool, and very good friends. In fact all 3 of them were. Kelly certainly wasn't pining for Brandon then, and Brandon, for the most part wasn't either, although even if he was, it doesn't matter, because she rejected him, not the other way around. But each of them were on their way into different directions. Sure they would always tease Brandon and Kelly over the next 2 years, and thats why them getting back together made sense in Season 7, though I just don't think Kelly deserved him, but he clearly wanted her. I'm just saying, that it was pretty easy to say all of the things you're saying without Dylan in the equation. But when all 3 of those characters were there, all bets are off. Kelly loved Brandon for the emotional stability, and loved Dylan for the physical attraction. She stated as such, when the girls were on that trip and talking about guys they kissed. She said, Collin wins for intensity, Brandon for consistancy, but nothing will ever compare to the night on the beach with Dylan. Meaning, that was more than just a kiss, their was true passion.

sheerwill

[60]Feb 6, 2008

^ By going back to Brandon after turning both him and Dylan down, she was choosing Brandon indirectly. If Brandon accepted and got back in a relationship with Kelly, how do you think that would make Dylan feel? She chose herself and then gets back together with Brandon. Don't you think Dylan would be a little p*ssed off? So clearly it indicates to me that even though she loved them both and couldn't choose directly because she didn't want to break either of their hearts, she wanted Brandon more. He was her preference.

Kelly wasn't bothered about Dylan and Toni dating. She was bothered because they were getting married. It was just a few months after the world trip offer, so that's why she was upset. I guess she was shocked that he was making such a committment so soon. But, the important point is, she did accept the fact that he was marrying Toni. She didn't try to stop him from doing so.

Kelly did love Brandon and Dylan for different aspects of their personality. I wouldn't say she loved Dylan for the "physical attraction" though. She was physically attracted to both obviously, LOL. You're right about Brandon providing emotionial stability. As a K/D hater, I don't know what part of Dylan's personality Kelly was drawn to. I guess he provided drama and craziness to the relationship, LOL.

Kelly's comment about the night on the beach with Dylan, was in reference to her single best kiss. That doesn't mean her kisses with Brandon or even Collin lacked true passion, as you seem to imply. I'm sure there was true passion when she kissed all three of them because, like you said, she mentioned Brandon wins for consistency and Collin for intensity. Even though you say "all bets are off" if both Brandon and Dylan were around, judging from some of your comments, it seems like you think Kelly prefers Dylan over Brandon. I completely disagree with that notion.

Edited on 02/07/2008 12:55pm
    Edited 3 total times.