Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Anyone find it strange?

  • Avatar of CollegeGrad

    CollegeGrad

    [1]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 502

    I just found it quite odd that Dylan was selected as Maddie's godfather over David. Dylan and Steve never had a deep bond. They bumped heads over money, Kelly, Valerie, personality, etc. I mean, David and Steve since the show started seemed to have a brotherly bond. I mean, Steve knew he wasn't dependable so WHY DYLAN? Hell, I think Brandon 2000 miles away would have been a better choice.

    Also, in the finale, why was Dylan David's best man. Same thing, David and Dylan fought over Gina and never in 10 years shared a bond besides david's drug problem. Just weird.

    I think it bugs me because Dylan SUCKED season 9 and 10

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dool_girl

    dool_girl

    [2]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 01/18/08
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 3,363
    Ya i did find this weird. I think maybe steve and janet choose dylan because they knew that money wise dylan would always be secure and if something happened to them they knew that maddie would be taken care of by dylan/

    But yes i remember finding it VERY weird that steve wasnt davids best man...I guess they were focusing more on the dylan/kelly storyline then the wedding..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [3]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750

    ^ No, the wedding was the focus of the finale. So they were NOT focusing more on Dylan/Kelly than the wedding. It wouldn't make sense for the wedding to be overshadowed, LOL.

    But I think Dylan was chosen as the best man because Kelly was the maid of honor. Similar situation with Dylan and Kelly being chosen as godparents. Dylan was an illogical choice in both cases though because he's undependable and wasn't a great friend to either Steve or David. The writers were going to reunite D/K so that's why it happened.

    Like most people, I hated Dylan in Seasons 9-10. He was a washed-up has-been. And don't get me started on D/K, the default couple...*ugh*. Such bullsh*t.

    Edited on 02/09/2008 10:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [4]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    sheerwill wrote:

    ^ No, the wedding was the focus of the finale. So they were NOT focusing more on Dylan/Kelly than the wedding. It wouldn't make sense for the wedding to be overshadowed, LOL.

    But I think Dylan was chosen as the best man because Kelly was the maid of honor. Similar situation with Dylan and Kelly being chosen as godparents. Dylan was an illogical choice in both cases though because he's undependable and wasn't a great friend to either Steve or David. The writers were going to reunite D/K so that's why it happened.

    Like most people, I hated Dylan in Seasons 9-10. He was a washed-up has-been. And don't get me started on D/K, the default couple...*ugh*. Such bullsh*t.



    I agree with you on the second part..the 1st part, I disagree with. Yea obviously the wedding was the main focus, but also D/K get reunited at the end so they have to make K and D together alot to not make it look random and weird..hence why they were together alot. Steve turns to Dylan when Janet walked down the aisle and said 'isnt she beautiful'? and Dylan saw Kelly start to walk down, looked at her, turned to Steve and said 'yes she is' with a huge grin. It made more sense for Steve to be with Janet as a couple for the wedding then to split them up and have Janet with Dylan and Steve with Kelly. Most people in weddings do that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [5]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    sheerwill wrote:

    ^ No, the wedding was the focus of the finale. So they were NOT focusing more on Dylan/Kelly than the wedding. It wouldn't make sense for the wedding to be overshadowed, LOL.

    But I think Dylan was chosen as the best man because Kelly was the maid of honor. Similar situation with Dylan and Kelly being chosen as godparents. Dylan was an illogical choice in both cases though because he's undependable and wasn't a great friend to either Steve or David. The writers were going to reunite D/K so that's why it happened.

    Like most people, I hated Dylan in Seasons 9-10. He was a washed-up has-been. And don't get me started on D/K, the default couple...*ugh*. Such bullsh*t.

    I agree with you on the second part..the 1st part, I disagree with. Yea obviously the wedding was the main focus, but also D/K get reunited at the end so they have to make K and D together alot to not make it look random and weird..hence why they were together alot.

    Yeah that's what I was trying to say for the 1st part too. Dylan/Kelly were a focus, but the wedding was the main focus. dool girl mentioned in her post that Dylan/Kelly was being focused on more than the wedding and that's what I was disagreeing with.

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Steve turns to Dylan when Janet walked down the aisle and said 'isnt she beautiful'? and Dylan saw Kelly start to walk down, looked at her, turned to Steve and said 'yes she is' with a huge grin. It made more sense for Steve to be with Janet as a couple for the wedding then to split them up and have Janet with Dylan and Steve with Kelly. Most people in weddings do that.

    But who said anything about splitting Steve and Janet up??? Are you referring to the best man and maid of honor possibilities? So you're saying it would make less sense if Steve was the best man and Kelly was the maid of honor?

    Edited on 02/09/2008 11:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [6]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    My honest opinion on why Dylan was selected as godfather AND best man??

    -Because the writers were trying to reinforce the point that Dylan and Kelly belonged together and were putting more ways into the show of how they were connected. Because Kelly was godmother and maid of honor, right. Coincidence? I think not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wilezrules

    wilezrules

    [7]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 252

    Wow lot of Dylan haters, completely ignoring the fact that if Dylan wasn't there the last 2 years, the show would have been less watchable than it already was, and the fact that him and Brandon MADE the show what it is.

    They chose Dylan as godfather, because it was Dylan, not David, not anyone, but Dylan who was able to finally get through to Janet and convince her that she should marry Steve. There you go, instant bond. If you recall, it was Janet, not Steve, that had the idea. In fact Steve verbally stated his concerns over the whole deal, for all of the reasons you guys cited. Dylan is irresponsible, etc. But Janet, having concerns herself, still wanted that to happen.

    Dylan was David's best man, because it was those two, since Dylan got back in 1998, that had the bond. From the time Dylan helping David after he banged that 17 year old, or David going to bat for Dylan at CU, to let him into school. Despite there problems with Gina, they put them all aside for there friendship. Very similar to Brandon and Dylan, who had many problems in the later years, but both realized that through it all, they would remain best friends.

    The main problem is everything was rushed, and I don't know how you can have any of those events, without Brandon? Steve getting married and Brandon isn't there?!!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? David and Donna getting married, and Brandon isn't there. Thats the real problem with the last 2 years, the fact that Brandon wasn't there. The main character. The show should have been cancelled after the Brandon LEaves episode.

    Edited on 02/10/2008 7:08am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [8]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    ^ Well technically, the reason Jason left was because he assumed Season 8 was the end anyway, but then they renewed the show and he'd already said 8 would be his last. Which is why they didnt have BK actually marry on their wedding day. Which is why there wouldn't have been that crappy Brandon Leaves episode. Because if the writers had just stuck to their original plan, the end would have been S8 finale, and Dylan wouldn't have HAD to have made a contrived comeback.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CollegeGrad

    CollegeGrad

    [9]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 502
    yeah, maybe there was the Dylan Kelly appearance for godparents..............but Kelly and David are brother and sister. I think that makes sense too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [10]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    Well, yeah. But the Dylan thing was obviously about Kelly, from the writers POV.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CollegeGrad

    CollegeGrad

    [11]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 502
    It should have been David. Period.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [12]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    Totally. In S7 David and Brandon and Steve were really close. I preferred them as friends than Dylan/Brandon/Steve actually.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [13]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    sheerwill wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    sheerwill wrote:

    ^ No, the wedding was the focus of the finale. So they were NOT focusing more on Dylan/Kelly than the wedding. It wouldn't make sense for the wedding to be overshadowed, LOL.

    But I think Dylan was chosen as the best man because Kelly was the maid of honor. Similar situation with Dylan and Kelly being chosen as godparents. Dylan was an illogical choice in both cases though because he's undependable and wasn't a great friend to either Steve or David. The writers were going to reunite D/K so that's why it happened.

    Like most people, I hated Dylan in Seasons 9-10. He was a washed-up has-been. And don't get me started on D/K, the default couple...*ugh*. Such bullsh*t.

    I agree with you on the second part..the 1st part, I disagree with. Yea obviously the wedding was the main focus, but also D/K get reunited at the end so they have to make K and D together alot to not make it look random and weird..hence why they were together alot.

    Yeah that's what I was trying to say for the 1st part too. Dylan/Kelly were a focus, but the wedding was the main focus. dool girl mentioned in her post that Dylan/Kelly was being focused on more than the wedding and that's what I was disagreeing with.

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Steve turns to Dylan when Janet walked down the aisle and said 'isnt she beautiful'? and Dylan saw Kelly start to walk down, looked at her, turned to Steve and said 'yes she is' with a huge grin. It made more sense for Steve to be with Janet as a couple for the wedding then to split them up and have Janet with Dylan and Steve with Kelly. Most people in weddings do that.

    But who said anything about splitting Steve and Janet up??? Are you referring to the best man and maid of honor possibilities? So you're saying it would make less sense if Steve was the best man and Kelly was the maid of honor?



    Yeah, for the godparents thing, I really dont know, I dont have an opinion on it. For the WEDDING, like I said most couples (like D and D) would rather just have Steve and Janet remain a couple then to break them up and have them with Kelly and Dylan. It makes sense to me. Ive been to many weddings, and they do that. Im not saying its right or wrong for Steve but, thats probably what the writers were thinking.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [14]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750
    wilezrules wrote:

    Wow lot of Dylan haters, completely ignoring the fact that if Dylan wasn't there the last 2 years, the show would have been less watchable than it already was, and the fact that him and Brandon MADE the show what it is.

    LOL. We don't hate Dylan in S1-6 (except in parts of S3 and at the end of S5). He was an important charcter and helped make the show interesting. But in S9-10 he was horrendous. Luke didn't know how to play Dylan anymore. So with or without Dylan, S9-10 would have been crap. His return was completely futile.

    wilezrules wrote:

    The main problem is everything was rushed, and I don't know how you can have any of those events, without Brandon? Steve getting married and Brandon isn't there?!!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? David and Donna getting married, and Brandon isn't there. Thats the real problem with the last 2 years, the fact that Brandon wasn't there. The main character. The show should have been cancelled after the Brandon LEaves episode.

    I agree, except I think the show should have ended at the end of S8 with K/B married. There was no point to continue the show without Brandon. Seriously, I can't think of any other show that's continued without its main character. That was ridiculous.

    Edited on 02/10/2008 6:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wilezrules

    wilezrules

    [15]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 252

    I agree, Season 8 would have been a pretty good conclusion. Despite Season 7 and 8 having massive screw ups, ending it with BK tying the knot would have made sense. But they didn't.

    As for the question about this topic, the god parents made sense and was explained. You may disagree with it, but you can't say it didnt' make sense. Same with dylan as davids best man. It made sense, because you can easily explain it, and it was illustrated by the writers. You may disagree with it, purely because you didn't like the Dylan character in seasons 9 and 10, but you can't say it didn't make sense. The question was why? They told you why.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CollegeGrad

    CollegeGrad

    [16]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/28/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 502
    wilezrules wrote:

    I agree, Season 8 would have been a pretty good conclusion. Despite Season 7 and 8 having massive screw ups, ending it with BK tying the knot would have made sense. But they didn't.

    As for the question about this topic, the god parents made sense and was explained. You may disagree with it, but you can't say it didnt' make sense. Same with dylan as davids best man. It made sense, because you can easily explain it, and it was illustrated by the writers. You may disagree with it, purely because you didn't like the Dylan character in seasons 9 and 10, but you can't say it didn't make sense. The question was why? They told you why.

    now its making me get angry at Kelly. LOL

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [17]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750

    CollegeGrad wrote:
    now its making me get angry at Kelly. LOL

    Why? Because Kelly/Jennie didn't leave the show when Brandon/Jason did? I would have loved to see Brandon and Kelly move to DC together, driving away in Brandon's mustang.

    wilezrules wrote:

    I agree, Season 8 would have been a pretty good conclusion. Despite Season 7 and 8 having massive screw ups, ending it with BK tying the knot would have made sense. But they didn't.

    I'm surprised they actually made enough money, despite the abysmal ratings, to justify continuing the show for almost two seasons without Brandon.

    Edited on 02/10/2008 7:27pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gwen13579

    gwen13579

    [18]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 911
    I always thought Jennie should have gone with Jason. I mean why the hell did she decide to stay in this show considering how bad it got past that point
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wilezrules

    wilezrules

    [19]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 252
    Because her character is selfish, and she always held Brandon back.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [20]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750
    ^ No she didn't hold Brandon back. Behind every great man, there is a woman. For Brandon, Kelly is that woman.
    Edited on 02/11/2008 10:24am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.