TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Anyone find it strange?

wilezrules

[21]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 9
    And that woman shouldn't hold him back, which is what she did consistantly. It wasn't in her nature to ever leave Beverly Hills. She's just too selfish. Brandon deserved waaaaaaaaay better. One can assume, that he found his true soulmate in Washington DC.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sheerwill

[22]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^ I'll assume Brandon returned to BH to be with Kelly because they're each other's true soulmates IMO.

gwen13579

[23]Feb 11, 2008
    I think you're (not you sheerwill) forgetting that Kelly flew all the way to Washington to visit Brandon. Not knowing how he truly felt about her or if he'd be with someone else. She took that risk because she loved him. When she and Dylan went away on a trip over the summer, all they did was argue. With Brandon, she liked being in his world. And he didn't treat her like crap.

DepthofField25

[24]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 19
    In regard to Dylan being David's best man: although he wasn't necessarily the best choice, if you look at it more closely it's not that unrealistic. Are you guys forgetting that David helped Dylan in high school when he was reverting back to drinking after his father died? Although they had nothing in common and only knew each other through Donna, both withnessed the death of someone close to them. Also, when David was going through his tweaker phase in college Dylan repayed the favor and helped him get rid of the drugs David's dealer told him to hold. So despite not being the best of friends and often being on bad terms -- particularly in the later years -- these types of incidents may mean a lot in peoples' lives. David and Dylan essentially saved each others' lives, so that's why I don't think it's too unbelievable that David chose Dylan as his best man.

wilezrules

[25]Feb 11, 2008

and i'll assume brandon found a woman that treats him with respect, and lets brandon be brandon and doesn't hold him back. i'll assume that kelly and dylan probably still fight all the time and probably broke up anyway.

Yeah she flew to washington to be with Brandon, and a year later took a crap in his mouth. Thats true love for ya.

sheerwill

[26]Feb 11, 2008
    ^ There's no "probably" about it. Dylan and Kelly definitely broke up. There's no way that relationship could have lasted.

"Crap in his mouth"? Wow, that's harsh, LOL. B/K do have true love and would have ended up together if Jason didn't leave.

wilezrules

[27]Feb 11, 2008
    Well if I'm Brandon I can't ever go back to Kelly after that ****! Ask for the girls hand in marriage, and what does she do? She chooses me. Just pathetic.

CollegeGrad

[28]Feb 11, 2008

Three things:

1.) this forum is about Dylan being best man and godfather and anyone agreeing that this is weird. Not for the millionth time about the Dylan/Brenda/Kelly/Brandon

2.) Kelly Taylor and Brandon Walsh are not real people, so some need to stop talking like they really are together in real life. Also Jennie Garth and Jason Priestley are not a couple, so some also may want to stop thinking about them making career choices together about 90210.

3.) Steve and David had a real friendship and never fought. I'm sorry, thats my definition of a best friend. Someone who leaves the drama at home. Obviously Dylan was used for the money for Maddie and a great wedding present.

stellarchick86

[29]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 32
    Also, about Dylan lending money, when David was in HUGE financial crisis' (I dont know the season, but it was just before Donna broke up with him for lying, for the last time before they finally got back together for good) didnt Dylan bail him out? Or was that Noah? I remember Noah bailing him out at one point (because it was weird for David considering he was with Donna) but I dont remember which time because David always seemed to have $ troubles.

sheerwill

[30]Feb 11, 2008

CollegeGrad wrote:
    now its making me get angry at Kelly. LOL

Why are you angry at Kelly?

CollegeGrad wrote:
    2.) Kelly Taylor and Brandon Walsh are not real people, so some need to stop talking like they really are together in real life. Also Jennie Garth and Jason Priestley are not a couple, so some also may want to stop thinking about them making career choices together about 90210.

LOL. Many of us are passionate about the couples we support. Brandon and Kelly may be TV characters but a lot of people love their relationship, so it tends to spill into different threads.

CollegeGrad wrote:
    3.) Steve and David had a real friendship and never fought

No, they DID fight. In S8 they fought about Val's date rape. In S9 they had a falling out over Sophie. I think it was stupidity to have Dylan and Kelly as godparents though. There was no need to even go with that godparents storyline. It was only done by the writers to eventually reunite Dylan and Kelly. Kelly made sense as maid of honor, since she's Donna's best friend. But Dylan as best man, I didn't like that either. I don't think it matters about splitting couples up though. At Brandon and Kelly's wedding, Donna was maid of honor and Steve was best man, even though Donna was dating Noah. So Steve definitely could have been chosen as David's best man. Again, it's because the writers were going to reunite Dylan and Kelly, so Dylan was chosen instead. You see, everything ties in to Dylan/Brenda/Kelly/Brandon somehow. It can't be avoided. LOL.

Edited on 02/11/2008 9:40pm

wilezrules

[31]Feb 12, 2008
    I just want to point out, that they didn't choose Dylan for the money, they chose him because the bond that Janet felt because it was Dylan who finally convinced her to marry Steve. It's pretty apparent if you actually watch the episode and not have the constant conspiracy of Dylan-Kelly. Kelly was chosen, because, she was the first person Janet told when Janet found out she was pregnantt. She told Kelly, even before Steve. Exit Andrea in season 4, insert Janet in Season 10. You can argue til your blue in the face if that was a wise decision or not, but the explanation was pretty cut and dry and illustrated pretty well in those episodes.
    Edited on 02/12/2008 1:17am

wilezrules

[32]Feb 12, 2008
    And Dylan wasn't chosen by David because of the writers. Put the personal preferences aside, and just look at the substance of the episodes and what they were clear in illustrating. David and Dylan shared a pretty big bond over the last 2 seasons, and even long before that. Yes, David could have chosen Steve, and it would have made sense, but the stronger bond was David-Dylan. It makes sense. They could have just as easily re-united Kelly-Dylan without that plotline. That wasn't at all what they were trying to illustrate. They were trying to say, hey, David and Dylan were at each others throats, but at the same time, both were there for each other in a major way in many different instances. Kelly was the obvious choice for maid of honor.

sheerwill

[33]Feb 12, 2008
    I'm not saying it didn't make sense given the storylines they had. But the reason the writers decided to go that direction with the godparenting and best man thing IS because they were planning to reunite Dylan and Kelly. Remember what the priest said to them? That they would be "connected for life" because they're godparents. So obviously the writers were trying to hint at an eventual Dylan and Kelly reunion. Dylan being chosen as best man also served this purpose. Remember the glance Dylan and Kelly were giving each other as David and Donna were getting married? So both the godparenting and best man storylines were done with the intention of reuniting Dylan and Kelly.

wilezrules

[34]Feb 12, 2008
    Colda had the same glance if Kelly was up at the altra beside Donna, and Dylan was sitting down with the rest of the folk. And godparents are connected for life. My godmother is my aunt on my dads side, and my godfather is my uncle on my moms side. Certainly not romantic or anything. Again, you want to look into other motives for the writers, when the writers specifically laid out exactly why they were chosen.

th77

[35]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 24
    I totally agree..Steve and David were much closer for much longer and it is also true that choice for best man was wrong..Whether or not Kelly was maid of honor or not. The couple logic only usually applies in large wedding parties. In intimate ones it is who you are closest to.

wilezrules

[36]Feb 15, 2008
    The question was that it was odd, well it isn't odd when they basically lay it out for you why the choices were made. Godfather was Dylan because Janet felt close to him due to the fact that it was him who convinced her to marry Steve. David and Dylan were very close for many different reasons. Yeah, David and Steve were very close too, but Dylan and David had that special bond of being there for each other in crisis situations. You can disagree with the choice, but you can't say the choice doesnt make sense, and it seems that those that do, just have sour grapes about Dylan-Kelly.

zimba05

[37]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    Is every thread on this forum gonna be about how much you hate Kelly and Dylan and how much better Brandon and Kelly was?

CollegeGrad

[38]Feb 24, 2008

zimba05 wrote:
    Is every thread on this forum gonna be about how much you hate Kelly and Dylan and how much better Brandon and Kelly was?

I'm glad other people feel the same as me

zimba05

[39]Feb 24, 2008
    CollegeGrad wrote:

zimba05 wrote:

I'm glad other people feel the same as me

Yeah... It is getting annoying!!!

zimba05

[40]Feb 24, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:
    ^ There's no "probably" about it. Dylan and Kelly definitely broke up. There's no way that relationship could have lasted.

"Crap in his mouth"? Wow, that's harsh, LOL. B/K do have true love and would have ended up together if Jason didn't leave.

Oh, I just KNOW I should not get into this discussion again, but I can not seem to be able to help myself... *shakes my head*

No way? Dylan and Kelly? Did we watch the same couple? Have you even SEEN season 3 and 9-10?

As for Brandon and Kelly... Yes, I belive they loved each other very much. But he DID leave.