Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

big question-bugging me to death

KyleBaucom

[1]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 14

ok so i own all 4 seasons of 90210...and im sure evry1 knows about the scene cutting and original music being changed. My question is if the 90210 reruns on soapnet have been edited. Because regardless im still gonna buy the dvd's...but i may just start tivo'ing the reruns and watching them too...i feel like im missing out on just watching the dvds.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 32
    I think Ive asked this question before and as far as I know, no, they are identical to the originals/re-runs.

KyleBaucom

[3]Jul 23, 2008

ok so not to sound dumb...but the originals are the same as the reruns...or the reruns are the same as the dvds

sheerwill

[4]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    The Soapnet reruns are the same as the original episodes. They have the original music and no scenes are cut out.

KyleBaucom

[5]Jul 23, 2008
    oh ok thanks so much for letting me know!

evafan2005

[6]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 18
    I have a question too..I just got Season 4 today..and when the girls are pledging the sororities, why was the candle ceremony cut out? and why was the peach pit scene where the girls "make their own sorority" cut out as well? this is the first episode i've noticed where there was like a BLATANT cut (besides the "losing my religion" scenes) and it really irked me...what's with that??

InstantClubHits

[7]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 5

evafan2005 wrote:
    I have a question too..I just got Season 4 today..and when the girls are pledging the sororities, why was the candle ceremony cut out? and why was the peach pit scene where the girls "make their own sorority" cut out as well? this is the first episode i've noticed where there was like a BLATANT cut (besides the "losing my religion" scenes) and it really irked me...what's with that??

I'm SO glad someone else brought this up too!! I was so upset (well, not really....but slightly angered) that they cut the candle ceremony...it was a BIG part of the whole episode, or at least Andreas reasoning behind not pledging....guess we'll never know...wonder who's job that is though....to decide which scenes get cut out...

stellarchick86

[8]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 32
    InstantClubHits wrote:

evafan2005 wrote:

I'm SO glad someone else brought this up too!! I was so upset (well, not really....but slightly angered) that they cut the candle ceremony...it was a BIG part of the whole episode, or at least Andreas reasoning behind not pledging....guess we'll never know...wonder who's job that is though....to decide which scenes get cut out...

Someone asked this question before about the candle ceremony and it had to do with Andreas religion (being Jewish) and for some reason they thought it would offend or I have no idea..something about being Jewish. The other thing I have no idea. Hopefully someone can explain it better than I can lol.

LAWelk

[9]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 10

The only reason Ahndrea wore the Star of David necklace was because Leslie Sumner made a comment to Ahndrea about her being Jewish and how the other girls didn't seem to mind, as long as she kept it hidden. What we learn later, is that not only is Leslie hiding and a bit embarrassed to admit she is Jewish, but that her family changed their name from Schulman to Sumner, further exemplifying her discomfort with being Jewish.

I personally always liked that scene, and am sorry to hear that they cut it out of season four. I was also sorry to hear that they changed the music in the discs, especially because of the whole "The Time Has Come Today" episode where the music was integral to the storyline. It is unfortunate that they had to change so much of the music on the DVD's; it is why I stopped purchasing at season three.

Naley_Tvfan

[10]Aug 1, 2008
    LAWelk wrote:

The only reason Ahndrea wore the Star of David necklace was because Leslie Sumner made a comment to Ahndrea about her being Jewish and how the other girls didn't seem to mind, as long as she kept it hidden. What we learn later, is that not only is Leslie hiding and a bit embarrassed to admit she is Jewish, but that her family changed their name from Schulman to Sumner, further exemplifying her discomfort with being Jewish.

I personally always liked that scene, and am sorry to hear that they cut it out of season four. I was also sorry to hear that they changed the music in the discs, especially because of the whole "The Time Has Come Today" episode where the music was integral to the storyline. It is unfortunate that they had to change so much of the music on the DVD's; it is why I stopped purchasing at season three.

They have all of the original music on the season 5 DVDs.

snowprincess23

[11]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 11
    do they really? im so excited! can anyone tell me if they see any scenes cut out of the season 5 episodes yet?

Naley_Tvfan

[12]Aug 12, 2008
    snowprincess23 wrote:
    do they really? im so excited! can anyone tell me if they see any scenes cut out of the season 5 episodes yet?
    The episodes are not edited at all on the season 5 set, the only thing they put on the DVD cases is that the episodes appear in their original air date order (I'm not sure why they felt the need to say that, have any of the other seasons episodes not been in order of when they originally aired?)
    Edited on 08/12/2008 6:12pm