Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Favorite Couple ever

who was your fave couple???

quietstormfst

[81]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    I am commenting to the above post. I totally agree that Dylan and Brenda were a great couple, even when they weren't officially a couple. I know they had their issues (she was overdramatic, and he was a brood), but they got each other. Brenda always called Dylan on his crap, and she would never have allowed herself to be treated the way Kelly allowed herself to be treated by Dylan. And Dylan always stood up for Brenda, especially in S4, when everyone was quick to blame her for everything (including her own family). I think what stood in Dylan and Brenda's way was Brenda's father (I couldn't stand his character)!!! Anyway, during the beginning of S4, Dylan tried to contact Brenda, when she went away to college, and before Brenda left the show, she and Dylan were trying to hook up again, and it was implied that they slept together. Then, when he left the show, it was written that he went to live with Brenda in Paris. So, I hated that the writers tried to make it seem that Dylan and Kelly were this supercouple from the beginning, when Dylan returned to the show. Please...you never even really saw them develop as a real couple. They were always either sexing each other or arguing with each other. It was so unbelievable that it was Kelly who ended up with Dylan's love child in the new spin-off. If anyone should have had Dylan's child, it should have been Brenda! Kelly was self-righteous, and had a hard time with Dylan taking interest in anyone, but her. Plus, it seemed that she was always in competition with Brenda, and had to have everything Brenda had. I wished they had just kept Dylan away, or had him return to Brenda in the finale, even if Brenda didn't appear in the finale. I don't know what purpose he served in coming back...he was still a self-destructive brooder. Kelly was at her best with Brandon, and later Matt.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

quietstormfst

[82]Mar 20, 2009
    wilezrules wrote:
    Thats why I can't ever agree with Brandon-Kelly, because Brandon loved Kelly more than Kelly loved him, and Brandon deserved waaaaaaaaaaaay more than that. Brandon could have fallen in love with Tracy, but Kelly was there, and that was just way too much for (like you said) the charismaless Tracy to overcome. Still doesn't change the fact that Tracy loved Brandon, and treated Brandon way better than Kelly ever did, or would have.
    I agree...I think Brandon loved Kelly more than she loved him. I also don't believe that Brandon was her first choice, she was with Dylan first. She only ended up with Brandon after her and Dylan split in S4. I think that if she had really loved Brandon, she wouldn't have been kissing Dylan or considering his trip around the world at the end of S5- it would have been a no-brainer.

stellarchick86

[83]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 32
    ^^I think Kelly was just sort of confused on what to do in s5 because she wasnt fully over Dylan yet, she was totally brainwashed, and then she had Brandon as well. Thats why she considered both options. Yet she couldnt exactly put one against the other like that and ruin their friendship so thats why she said no. THEN she was with Brandon in s7 after Dylan left because she wouldnt feel so weird about it anymore. So I dont think Brandon was her second choice. Remember, there were a few times in the HS years, season 1 comes to mind, where you see Kelly have a little crush on Brandon, she even said so in 'Spring Fling' yet Brandon says shes like a sister to him. So she probably didnt want to get rejected again by asking him out again, which is why it took so long. The writers basically also wanted a B/K relationship but they didnt want to have it happen too early in the show, so they just dropped little things along the way like that. They wanted the K/D relationship first because it added high school drama with the Brenda scenario and once she was older and more mature, she would be more on Brandons wavelength and go out with him, not because she loved Dylan more. I do think that Kelly is really selfish and very "what have you done for me lately?" so maybe thats why it looks like Brandon cares more for he than vice versa but remember it was Brandon who moved on with Tracy and sold their ring back and it was Kelly who bought it back. That means something for Kellys character and devotion to Brandon and their relationship. I dont like Kelly, like at all, even in the spinoff (even though shes better there), but I will say the only time I did like her is anything Brandon related because you DID see this nice, generous person who was about to have deep feelings about people and things and wasnt just the superficial selfish person she was throughout the seasons leading up to it (and yes with Dylan). My personal opinion is that K/D were mainly all about sex, they were both pretty..experienced before they got together and mainly just found the other person hot and I think a little part of it was Kellys jealousy of Brenda and the things she had she didnt (a hot BF, a real family, that she could be treated as a normal person around school and be taken seriously, etc). Where as with B/K they were more about real emotion and compassion towards eachother, which is why they survived to almost be married (if it hadnt been for JP wanted to leave).
    Edited on 03/21/2009 1:20am
    Edited 2 total times.

sheerwill

[84]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 8

quietstormfst wrote:
    wilezrules wrote:
    Thats why I can't ever agree with Brandon-Kelly, because Brandon loved Kelly more than Kelly loved him, and Brandon deserved waaaaaaaaaaaay more than that. Brandon could have fallen in love with Tracy, but Kelly was there, and that was just way too much for (like you said) the charismaless Tracy to overcome. Still doesn't change the fact that Tracy loved Brandon, and treated Brandon way better than Kelly ever did, or would have.
    I agree...I think Brandon loved Kelly more than she loved him. I also don't believe that Brandon was her first choice, she was with Dylan first. She only ended up with Brandon after her and Dylan split in S4. I think that if she had really loved Brandon, she wouldn't have been kissing Dylan or considering his trip around the world at the end of S5- it would have been a no-brainer.

Well, Kelly was cheating on Dylan with Brandon in S4 before she and Brandon became a couple. So that says something about her strong feelings for Brandon. If you consider the development at the end of S5 to mean Dylan was her first choice, then you could use the same argument to say that Kelly was Dylan's first choice since he cheated on Brenda with her and even chose Kelly over Brenda. You just have to consider those scenarios in the context of the storylines. They were done to promote the triangles. It really wouldn't have made any sense for Kelly to choose Brandon in S5 or for Dylan to choose Brenda in S3. And just because one relationship came first, doesn't meant that's the first choice. Look at Dawson's Creek. Dawson was Joey's first love but she ended up with Pacey.

I agree with Stellarchick. Kelly showed her strong feelings and deep love for Brandon many times throughout the show, paticularly during the ring storyline.

LO_ST

[85]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 3

i like kelly with brandon and i like brenda with dylan so its to bad that kelly and brandon did´nt fell in love when brenda was with dylan so maybe brenda and dylan would bee togheter longer and kelly and dylan had´nt fallen in love. do you see where i´m going with this

fabby_silva

[86]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    Brenda and Dylan. Perfect chemistry!

sleepy-sonic

[87]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 19
    Brandon and Kelly

hvstmn316

[88]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 6
    Dylan/Toni

Dylan/Brenda

David/Valerie

RedRanger14

[89]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 9
    quietstormfst wrote:
    I am commenting to the above post. I totally agree that Dylan and Brenda were a great couple, even when they weren't officially a couple. I know they had their issues (she was overdramatic, and he was a brood), but they got each other. Brenda always called Dylan on his crap, and she would never have allowed herself to be treated the way Kelly allowed herself to be treated by Dylan. And Dylan always stood up for Brenda, especially in S4, when everyone was quick to blame her for everything (including her own family). I think what stood in Dylan and Brenda's way was Brenda's father (I couldn't stand his character)!!! Anyway, during the beginning of S4, Dylan tried to contact Brenda, when she went away to college, and before Brenda left the show, she and Dylan were trying to hook up again, and it was implied that they slept together. Then, when he left the show, it was written that he went to live with Brenda in Paris. So, I hated that the writers tried to make it seem that Dylan and Kelly were this supercouple from the beginning, when Dylan returned to the show. Please...you never even really saw them develop as a real couple. They were always either sexing each other or arguing with each other. It was so unbelievable that it was Kelly who ended up with Dylan's love child in the new spin-off. If anyone should have had Dylan's child, it should have been Brenda! Kelly was self-righteous, and had a hard time with Dylan taking interest in anyone, but her. Plus, it seemed that she was always in competition with Brenda, and had to have everything Brenda had. I wished they had just kept Dylan away, or had him return to Brenda in the finale, even if Brenda didn't appear in the finale. I don't know what purpose he served in coming back...he was still a self-destructive brooder. Kelly was at her best with Brandon, and later Matt.

Finally someone mentions Matt! Besides the fact he was IMO the hottest guy on the show, he really loved Kelly. Kelly just wouldn't give up on stupid Dylan McKay after years and years of things not working. They didn't even last(90210 spoiler)! I love Klly and Brandon also, but i just can't really get D/K.

Anyways, here's my favorite:

Brenda/Dylan
    Brandon/Kelly
    Kelly/Matt

HeXxXeD

[90]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 17
    RedRanger14 wrote:
    quietstormfst wrote:

Finally someone mentions Matt! Besides the fact he was IMO the hottest guy on the show, he really loved Kelly. Kelly just wouldn't give up on stupid Dylan McKay after years and years of things not working. They didn't even last(90210 spoiler)! I love Klly and Brandon also, but i just can't really get D/K.

Anyways, here's my favorite:

Brenda/Dylan
    Brandon/Kelly
    Kelly/Matt

Matt was hot. he had a nice a$$ lol.
    Kelly did give up on Dylan circa mid season 9- some of season 10. then the show headed in a COMPLETELY different direction. u can even tell that Gina/Dylan (awesome pairing IMO) was headed in a pretty ok direction until Vanessa Marcil pulled out.

Leytonfan4ever

[91]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 14

Ok so im sort of a new comer, i've been watching re-runs of 90210 and i've just LOVE the show, though i can't say who my fav couple is of ALL time because of the fact that i haven't seen S1-3 & half of 4, right now i've only seen the other half of S4 and full eppys of S5 and now im watching eppys of S6, and i look forward to seeing 7,8,9&10! BUT, anyways bakc to the question, like i said i can't say who my fav couple of all time, BUT i can say who my fav couple so far as im watching, and that couple would most deffo be David & Valarie. BUT im still ra fan of Donna & David, LOVE THEM!

Edited on 07/03/2009 4:59am

AliaS87

[92]Jul 15, 2009
    Dylan and Brenda were great. I also loved Steve and Janet

This_Years_Love

[93]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    Brenda and Dylan were the best. I always hated the David/Donna relationship. I loved David but always thought Donna was an annoying little twit.

judeluver66

[94]Jul 21, 2009
    Dylan and Brenda, where my favorite 90210 couple ever. I always considered, them the one true pairing of the show. I never liked Dylan with anyone else, and stopped caring when Brenda, left in season 4.

I did like David and Donna, together though.

Jermaine_86

[95]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 9
    Brandon & Kelly, Dylan & Brenda and David & Donna (I also liked Steve & Janet)

wwwbebe432

[96]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 11
    My Favorite is definately Dylan and Brenda. I was sad when shannon left because i knew they wouldn't end up together at the end.Even though it brought drama I really hated in season three when Kelly and Dylan got together.I thought they were horrible together and thought Kelly was a horrible friend for getting with her best friend's boyfriend.I also liked Brandon and Kelly (more so in the beginning of their relationship) and Donna and David.

Saraccroche

[97]Aug 31, 2010
    Brenda and Dylan Brandon and Kelly
    David and Val
    Clare and Steve

jack756

[98]Jun 30, 2011
    • level: 14

i knw im late on this but i need to had my cents

my favorite couple is david/donna i just love all the problems they had but tried to make it work and it did.love not suppose to be easy and they are a perfect example through thick and thin.they are meant 4 one another

my second favorite is dylan/brenda.i love their story but they get points taken off b/c shannen left the show and then dylan start dating kelly.

Sci-FiLover22

[99]May 11, 2013
    • level: 3

david/donna