Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

I love Val!!!

phoenixboi132

[21]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 5
    snowprincess23 wrote:
    wow im so glad to find some more val fans! i always loved her character. im a tiffani fan which is why i started watching in the first place. but i LOVE the val character. like you guys said she was so interesting and deep. she added a new dimension to the show. i really hope tiffani comes back at least for a guest appearance. for a long time i felt like the only val fan around.

I feel the same way. Val was the reason I got into 90210 in the first place because I was a fan of Tiffani's from SBTB and back in the 90's., I remember all the buzz about how Val was fifferent from her previous role. So I tuned in and I was hooked. It would be lovely to see her return in the spin-off and it would be good to see her and Brenda interact on screen together especially since they were childhood buds and all. In a way I don't consider Val to be a Brenda replacement more like and unofficial sibling.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

snowprincess23

[22]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    yeah i agree! i want to see val and brenda on screen together. tiffani please come back at least for a little cameo!

stellarchick86

[23]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 32
    Yeah I dont think Val was supposed to replace Brenda just to have another woman character, kind of like adding Claire as well. I do think Gina was supposed to replace Val though because they were too alike and both were just there to cause trouble and hate Kelly, really.

snowprincess23

[24]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    yes gina was surely a replacement for val. val was a totally different character than brenda. on another forum someone refers to gina as the poor mans valerie. LOL

HeXxXeD

[25]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 17
    I don't think that Gina was a "Val replacement" Aaron said that he created the character personally for Vanessa Marcil. Gina wasn't even "like" Val. she was just harsh because she was abused as a child. she was no where near a sociopath like Val was. Gina had her own depth in her own way, nothing like Val. she wasn't mean to "Everyone" like how Val was.

stellarchick86

[26]Jul 13, 2008
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    I don't think that Gina was a "Val replacement" Aaron said that he created the character personally for Vanessa Marcil. Gina wasn't even "like" Val. she was just harsh because she was abused as a child. she was no where near a sociopath like Val was. Gina had her own depth in her own way, nothing like Val. she wasn't mean to "Everyone" like how Val was.

Well I didnt know about the Aaron/Vanessa thing, but, when I think about Gina I think of her as Vals replacement in that shes there to cause trouble/shake things up, she tries to take advantage of people (like Donnas mother and trying to get money out of her and that whole thing) and a few other things. Ive only seen 9 and 10 once so I forget alot of stuff but when I did watch it, thats the vibe I got. I know you love Val and Gina both so itd be hard for you to see it this way, but they also created a Dylan replacement pretty much with Noah and a Brandon replacement with Matt. So it wouldnt have surprised me if Aaron wanted to have another character to be the one to shake things up since Tiffani was leaving and there wasnt going to be a Val anymore.

HeXxXeD

[27]Jul 13, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:

Well I didnt know about the Aaron/Vanessa thing, but, when I think about Gina I think of her as Vals replacement in that shes there to cause trouble/shake things up, she tries to take advantage of people (like Donnas mother and trying to get money out of her and that whole thing) and a few other things. Ive only seen 9 and 10 once so I forget alot of stuff but when I did watch it, thats the vibe I got. I know you love Val and Gina both so itd be hard for you to see it this way, but they also created a Dylan replacement pretty much with Noah and a Brandon replacement with Matt. So it wouldnt have surprised me if Aaron wanted to have another character to be the one to shake things up since Tiffani was leaving and there wasnt going to be a Val anymore.

oh that is understandable but people try to tie Gina in as Val's under replacement just because she was not as conniving/manipulative as Val. Gina didn't even start acting like Val until season 10 thats why i refuse to watch it because season 10 is overkill for all characters including Kelly (who i began to like by the end of season 9) that is why season 9 is my last. and IMO the last good season.

stellarchick86

[28]Jul 13, 2008
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:

oh that is understandable but people try to tie Gina in as Val's under replacement just because she was not as conniving/manipulative as Val. Gina didn't even start acting like Val until season 10 thats why i refuse to watch it because season 10 is overkill for all characters including Kelly (who i began to like by the end of season 9) that is why season 9 is my last. and IMO the last good season.

Ah youre right. I believe s10 is the season where she tries to take advantage of Donnas mother? Or no? I can not remember, those 2 seasons were pretty uneventful, so they all kind of tie in as 1 season for me, lol.

Did you watch Gen Hosp and thats why you love Vannessa/Gina so much or do you just like Gina that much? Im just curious.

HeXxXeD

[29]Jul 13, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:

Ah youre right. I believe s10 is the season where she tries to take advantage of Donnas mother? Or no? I can not remember, those 2 seasons were pretty uneventful, so they all kind of tie in as 1 season for me, lol.

Did you watch Gen Hosp and thats why you love Vannessa/Gina so much or do you just like Gina that much? Im just curious.

season 9 she took advantage of Donna's mom because she was envious of Donna and wanted to hurt her or her mother in some sort of way. Season 10 they tried to make her literally "into" Val. and made a super conniving manipulator. that is what made her character stupid. Gina was more like Brenda than Val IMO. No, i did not watch GH (i don't like SUPER soapy shows) but i do love Vanessa Marcil as an actress and i love Gina's character because her backstory and the info on her life along with how she is now always interested me. I loved how Gina and the relationship she had with Dylan related to Brenda and B&D's relationship. I honestly think that if Brenda came back in season 9 she would act similar to how Gina was except Kelly would once again be portrayed as the b!tch instead of her.

LAWelk

[30]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 10

I was addicted to the character of Val from her first episode. I knew of Tiffani from SBTB, but, because I really never watched that show, I didn't know much about the actress. I was pleasantly surprised at how good she was; plus the character was awesome! Finally, someone who would stand up to Kelly and her self righteous character. My husband, who only watches when he's coming through the room, will always comment that Val is the best character: from him, that's high praise.

DepthofField25

[31]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 19
    LAWelk wrote:

I was addicted to the character of Val from her first episode. I knew of Tiffani from SBTB, but, because I really never watched that show, I didn't know much about the actress. I was pleasantly surprised at how good she was; plus the character was awesome! Finally, someone who would stand up to Kelly and her self righteous character. My husband, who only watches when he's coming through the room, will always comment that Val is the best character: from him, that's high praise.

When I lived at home my dad liked to comment on Val's breasts. That, and her weight gain and/or loss. Lol...

Anyways, add me to the list of Val lovers.

LAWelk

[32]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 10

OMG!! You are too funny!

DepthofField25 wrote:
    LAWelk wrote:

When I lived at home my dad liked to comment on Val's breasts. That, and her weight gain and/or loss. Lol...

DepthofField25

[33]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 19
    LAWelk wrote:

OMG!! You are too funny!

DepthofField25 wrote:
    LAWelk wrote:

Haha, his favorite thing to say about her is that "she has expanded." Haha.

HeXxXeD

[34]Jul 16, 2008
    DepthofField25 wrote:
    LAWelk wrote:

OMG!! You are too funny!

DepthofField25 wrote:
    LAWelk wrote:

Haha, his favorite thing to say about her is that "she has expanded." Haha.

ROFLOL! Depth that is hilarious! lol