Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

If Brenda had stayed...

mischalover1777

[1]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 11

If Brenda had stayed in the show do you think it would have been better??What storylines would you give her??

After she left what would be the season you think she was needed?? Or if she did leave in what season would you make her comeback??

Edited on 08/25/2008 7:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gwen13579

[2]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 8

That's hard to say. I myself really liked Valerie from the moment she came into the show after Brenda's departure. Her and Kelly at constant odds with each other was entertaining to watch, and Tiffani was a great addition to the cast, so I had no problem with her.

Then again, no Brenda = no Dylan/Brenda = Dylan/Kelly = Brandon/Kelly ruined = unhappy/angry fans. There were times when you'd just feel yourself saying, this show needs Brenda back. Season 5 was a strong season, but once Brandon's parents leave too, you notice Brenda's absence more. And like I've said, without Brenda, the writers are at a loss with what to do with Dylan. So they have him chasing Kelly again, even though she's with Brandon. Which makes Dylan an unlikeable character.

I would've most definitely wanted her back in the later seasons if not sooner. For one thing, I might actually have bothered watching them, because otherwise, they totally sucked. And for another, she and Dylan would've ended up together, and Kelly could've gone off to pursue Brandon in the finale. (And in fact, I believe Shannen's return would've given cause for Jason to return too - he might have not even left had she still been there at that point - so Brandon/Kelly would still be on.) Therefore the two best couples get their happy endings and I as a fan of both couples am left happy.

Edited on 01/04/2008 3:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mischalover1777

[3]Jan 4, 2008

I liked Val too but i really missed Brenda when she left and i wouldve liked her to come back because like gwen said to create a storyline because i bet if Brenda had stayed or if she left and then came back maybe the show wouldnt of went so downhill, so yeah i wouldve liked it if Brenda came back at least fo the finale but no the producers couldnt why i dont know but at least we got Shannen in the reunion

Brenda rockz!! The show was never the same after she left!!

txgirl75

[4]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 23
    If Brenda stayed i would still want val on the show. See what kind of drama and trouble those two could have made. lol

DepthofField25

[5]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 19
    If she remained on the show I think it would have been less "soapy" for longer. I loved Val but with her came mystery, deceit, blunt sexuality, and drama. These aspects gave her a wonderfully complex and dynamic personality but I think her introduction allowed the writers to push the envelope, thereby raising the "intensity bar" of her storyline and the storylines of others, which ultimately changed the show as a whole.

Tia1225

[6]Jan 7, 2008

txgirl75 wrote:
    If Brenda stayed i would still want val on the show. See what kind of drama and trouble those two could have made. lol

Oooohhh, can you just imagine the cattiness there would have been over Dylan with these two? They probably would have been great friends at first, but eventually Val would have gotten to Dylan (like she did anyway) and Brenda would have tried to claim him. That would have been something to tune in for! With Brenda and Val on the show together, can we all say.....Kelly who????

StarLite07

[7]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    I didn't care for Val. I'm not a fan of the "bad girls" in shows. I missed Brenda being on the show. I think her and Dylan were good together.

degrassi_lover

[8]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 21
    If Brenda stayed, I have a feeling there would of been tension between Val or Gina. But, I perfer Val or Gina over Brenda.

sheerwill

[9]Aug 25, 2008
    There definitely would've been tension between Brenda/Val or Brenda/Gina. Some people believe Brenda/Val or Brenda/Gina would've been best friends and ganged up against Kelly, but nothing could be further from the truth IMO. Those who love Val or Gina for the way they acted towards Kelly would hate them because they would've treated Brenda like they did Kelly. If anything, Brenda and Kelly would've put aside their differences and teamed against Val or Gina, lol. In any case, it would've been very entertaining watching all of that unfold.

stellarchick86

[10]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 32
    Totally agree with you Sheerwill. They mayve even just "picked on" Brenda if she was still around and not Kelly, but who knows. Also, they couldve manipulated one against the other. Like Val telling Brenda something about Dylan and Kelly kissing (while she was going out with them) or vice versa. I could so see the manipulation/mind-games coming.

degrassi_lover

[11]Aug 26, 2008

*sigh*

Now I really would of wanted them all to stay on the series longer, that would created great drama.. Brenda/Val/Gina/Kelly.. Oooh! I could picture the tension!!

snowprincess23

[12]Aug 26, 2008
    me too! val, brenda, and kelly would have been great tv!

sbhinyo

[13]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    I would've kept watching if Brenda stayed. After she left i left watching this show, it wasn't the same after she left and because she left i really never liked Val but i liked her more then Gina. Tiffany was great on the show but Val wasn't Brenda and no one can be Brenda Walsh she was the best character on this show.

heroesfan07

[14]Aug 30, 2008
    Although I really liked Brenda.Season 4- are my faves.I can't watch season 1 at all and Season 2+3 are sorta boring.Although I've never seen 10 since it was never shown in The UK.

vicky24c

[15]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 24
    I think it would have been better if she had stayed.

TvFreak7

[16]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 26

I'm not a regular watcher, but

why did Brenda leave?

degrassi_lover

[17]Sep 6, 2008
    TvFreak7 wrote:

I'm not a regular watcher, but

why did Brenda leave?

Supposedly, Shannen Doherty was involved in bad behaviour and didn't get along very well with cast members so she made a departure.

But recently, its been announced that Shannen wanted to leave the series so they wrote her out.