FOX (ended 2000)
|Use this post to submit your ideas on when 90210 jumped the shark? For those that don't know, jumping the shark is the moment when the show went downhill (coined after Fonzie literally jumped a shark on water skis, in his leather jacket). Some ideas of mine are: |
1. Donna and David almost get back together...again
2. Donna becomes "sexy" and always has her cleavage exposed
3. Donna sleeps around with the male model
4. Kelly and Brendan don't get married and then celebrate a reception anyway
5. Dylan's dad isn't dead
6. Antonia is shot by her father
7. Kelly joins a cult
8. Noah messes up and Donna forgives...again
9. David steals Gina back...again
|They should have end it with Kelly and Brandon getting married like they were suppose too in season 8.|
|I think it jumped the shark when Brenda left. Valerie, and then everyone else who followed never made the group whole again. Also I didn't like it when Brandon left. However I think Andrea getting pregnant was jumping the shark - she was the sensible one.|
I certainly didn't enjoy all the storylines, and the show was never quite the hit it once was, but I think that just happens over time (say, 10 years or so). I really don't think the show ever took a bad turn, so bad that it was never good again.
And Dylan retuning, at least for me, was a highlight. My only wish would have been that Brandon had been around a while longer - I always enjoyed his and Dylan's friendship!
|I think it jumped the shark when Brenda left. Valerie, and then everyone else who followed never made the group whole again.|