Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Just Announced Today (Spin-off)

amalaldafari

[1]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 3

They are in the process of making a Bverly Hills 90210 spin off Show you can read the details here

http://www.usmagazine.com/90210_spinoff_in_works

also here

www.perezhilton.com

Edited on 03/13/2008 10:09am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chad_Cronin

[2]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 15

I also posted a link on the main page. I think it would be a great idea to finally do a spin-off. Kelly's sister was born in 1992, so she would be turning 16 this year, which could be enough of a connection if they went that route. I just would hope they wouldn't get to "the o.c." on us. Just last week I had thought maybe they would for like fall 2010, which would be 20 years after 90210 started. If this spin-off makes it to air, I would hope that would perhaps speed up the DVD releases for us. I can't wait til 2011 to get the 10th season!

robinepowell

[3]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 63

I read that on TV Guide's website and my first thought was no. Even the poll they took majority of people aren't interested.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Veronica-Mars-Boss/800035491

Edited on 03/15/2008 1:38am
    Edited 2 total times.

txgirl75

[4]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    I just read it over at etonline that's great news go CW maybe there's hope for that channle lol. I didn't even think about Erin that be great if it revolved around her. I'm excited. That put my smile one my face. Kinda funny my first reaction was didn't they say they were going to do a spin off 8 years ago or so. I'm happy though means hopefully we can see the cast and what' they are up too.

stellarchick86

[5]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 32
    Im just wondering what theyd do the spin off about, so Im assuming too they'd do one on Erin. Because it sounds like the rest of the gang have kind of moved on, had kids, gotten married..dont really want to do with it and I dont blame them it ended 10 years ago (holy crap thats a long time). But I think if they do the Erin route I dont know if we will see much of anybody else..maybe Jackie Taylor but. And that way I dont see how related it would be to 90210 because in season 10 she was like 8 we didnt really know what she was like..Its not like in 1999 they decided to do this and have a Brandon spin off or something where we KNOW the person, so to me it would just be any other teen show (does that make sense?)
    Edited on 03/15/2008 1:38am

HeXxXeD

[6]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 17
    i wonder where they are holding auditions at! they are so hard to find for cw shows

Chad_Cronin

[7]Mar 13, 2008
    txgirl75 wrote:
    I just read it over at etonline that's great news go CW maybe there's hope for that channle lol. I didn't even think about Erin that be great if it revolved around her. I'm excited. That put my smile one my face. Kinda funny my first reaction was didn't they say they were going to do a spin off 8 years ago or so. I'm happy though means hopefully we can see the cast and what' they are up too.
    They were gonna do "90210: The New Class" in 2000 but that got scrapped when 90210 got cancelled. They originally were gonna do a spin-off with some of the new cast in the 3rd season, but that got called off cause Melrose Place (the first spin-off) wasn't doing too hot at first.
    Edited on 03/13/2008 3:16pm

newportsurfer

[8]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    I really hope they go through with this!!!

mcdreamygal24

[9]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    My only hope is that it isn't total spin-off crap.

Semmaluver

[10]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'm pretty skeptical about it but I'd still tune in just to see how it goes

robinepowell

[11]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 63
    Well so far it seems there are mixed reviews on this. To me it sounds a bit like Degrassi: TNG if they use Erin like they did with Emma.

newportsurfer

[12]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    robinepowell wrote:
    Well so far it seems there are mixed reviews on this. To me it sounds a bit like Degrassi: TNG if they use Erin like they did with Emma.

Yeaaaah... But oh well.. The Peach Pit and West Beverly High might be back!!!

DepthofField25

[13]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 19
    I'm very skeptical about this. I enjoy 90210 because of the characters, not the concept (of a Midwestern family experiencing culture shock in the rich community that is Beverly Hills) so I don't know if I'd be willing to start over with an entirely new group. I'd constantly be comparing them to the originals...

dool_girl

[14]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 27
    Im not sure what to think about this! im sure that whatever they do come up with wont be any wehre near as good as 90210 itself BUT i will DEFINITLY give it a shot!!! I was SO excited to read about this!!!!

stellarchick86

[15]Mar 16, 2008
    Yeah, if its like some of the main characters then I may watch it but if its a completly new set of characters and they are calling it BH 90210 I dont think I will.

lycanthrope07

[16]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 3
    i think they just start off with new teens at West Beverly High, and they should all be about 15 yrs old, and sophomores, so that at least gives the show 3 yrs of high school. and my friend lives right by Torrance High, the school they used to film West Bev at, so it would be neat to pass by there now and see a crew and stuff.

rubenjay1

[17]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    i totally didnt even think about erin... but to whoever said that she wouldnt be the best person to do a spin-off of must not remember that she is tied with at least 3 of the original characters- kelly- sister, david brother, and donna- her brother's wife. lets not forget steve and janet probably still live in beverly hills and dylan might too. the only people that would be offbase for appearing in the show would be brenda, brandon, andrea, and valerie...so basically the people that AREN'T from beverly hills,haha.

sheerwill

[18]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^ There's no reason to think that Brenda, Brandon, Andrea, or Val couldn't have moved back to Bev Hills. And it would be very realistic if Kelly and Brandon are together again, as well as Brenda and Dylan. So, in other words, any of the original characters or Val could appear in this show without it appearing offbase. You have to remember, 8 years have passed since the last episode, so anything can happen.

I agree about Erin. She will likely be a character IMO. I think the approach will be similar to Saved by the Bell: the new class. The Saved by the Bell spinoff had Screech and Mr. Belding, but didn't have anything to do with Zach, Kelly, etc. Similarly the 90210 spinoff will probably have Nat, Erin, and Steve for example, and the rest will be new characters.

stellarchick86

[19]Mar 18, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:

I agree about Erin. She will likely be a character IMO. I think the approach will be similar to Saved by the Bell: the new class. The Saved by the Bell spinoff had Screech and Mr. Belding, but didn't have anything to do with Zach, Kelly, etc. Similarly the 90210 spinoff will probably have Nat, Erin, and Steve for example, and the rest will be new characters.

Yeah I think thats what I was thinking, but who knows if Ian (Steve) or Nat will be on it..Im sure theyve moved on and dont want to bother really. And Ians also hosting some Dance Show so who knows with that. I have a feeling itll be Erin, maybe Jackie Taylor and Mel, and thatd be about it. Everyone will have 'moved away, and not be there' type of thing..kind of like Brandon in season 10. Ill watch it just to scope it out and see how many castmates are in it but I will surprised if there anyone more than the 3 I just mentioned. I mean in season 10 they had barely ANYONE and I think NOW theyd be more inclined to turn down the offer to act than before. I mean Tori, for ex, stuck it out till the end and now shes married and has a baby and whatever so thats just an example of who I dont think will show and everyone else would feelthe same way (Jennie has 3 kids). I know having kids doesnt not make you want a career anymore but after 8 years..yea Id think so. Thats why they are calling a SPINOFF and not a continuation or something.

Chad_Cronin

[20]Mar 19, 2008

Ausiello on tvguide.com posted this in todays blog. It seems I wasn't the only one who instantly thought Erin Silver would be the most easiest link to use. Here's what he said -

Question: Loyal Aushole here. I'm wondering what's up with the CW's 90210 spin-off. Any news if they've ordered a pilot? - Dawn

Ausiello: They've ordered a script and only a script. Of course, they've commissioned Rob Thomas to pen it, so a pilot pickup is pretty much a foregone conclusion. The only question now is which members of the original cast will be making the leap to 90210: The Next Gen. "They're still figuring out what the link will be," says one insider, "but there will be a link." Not sure if this is worth reading into, but I hear the last name of one of the teen characters rhymes with Filver. Hmmm....