Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Just Announced Today (Spin-off)

degrassi_lover

[201]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 21

That article is very old lol.. That was when 90210 was still in the works. But Jason wants to return to 90210.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a95365/priestley-keen-to-star-in-90210-spinoff.html

As for Dylan. I would perfer Brandon over Dylan. Maybe its because I perfer Brandon/Kelly and that I could picture Brandon owning The Peach Pit. All I could see Dylan doing is returning with Brenda.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FacesDown

[202]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 5

[QUOTE="degrassi_lover"] As for Dylan. I would perfer Brandon over Dylan. Maybe its because I perfer Brandon/Kelly and that I could picture Brandon owning The Peach Pit. All I could see Dylan doing is returning with Brenda. [/QUOTE]

Yep. No Brenda, no Dylan. I'm really looking forward to the development of Kelly, and I don't want her main storylines to consist of sex and fighting with Dylan, or any guy for that matter. I'd love it if the writers allow Kelly to have some romantic happiness along with the Beverly Hills drama. A stable marriage with Brandon would be perrrrfect. Interesting idea about Brandon owning The Peach Pit. I could see it happening.

And if Dylan returns with Brenda that'd be fine with me as long as the two aren't dead weight. I still can't bring myself to watch most of seasons 9 and 10 because of how Dylan lost his magic. He was one of my favorite characters in the earlier seasons, and I don't want the spin-off ruining my memory of Brenda (my all-time favorite character) too.

Edited on 06/04/2008 1:43am

sheerwill

[203]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    FacesDown wrote:

And if Dylan returns with Brenda that'd be fine with me as long as the two aren't dead weight. I still can't bring myself to watch most of seasons 9 and 10 because of how Dylan lost his magic. He was one of my favorite characters in the earlier seasons, and I don't want the spin-off ruining my memory of Brenda (my all-time favorite character) too.

That's a perfect way to describe Dylan in S9-10. He didn't have the magic that he used to have and I couldn't stand him. I hope the originals who join the spinoff are given interesting storylines and do a good job, so that we can continue to have fond memories of their characters.

Here's an audio interview that Jennie gave on the Billy Bush Show on May 22nd: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Sr08Y8jxs

She mentions the possibility of Kelly being married to either Brandon or Dylan on the spinoff, depending on who decides to return.

Edited on 06/04/2008 2:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

FacesDown

[204]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 5

Thanks so much for Jennie's interview with Billy Bush! It's interesting how she mentioned Brandon's name ahead of Dylan's. We all know that she thinks Kelly would've ultimately married Brandon. I sincerely hope Jason comes around...

Speaking of Jason, I just found this article that mentions he's negotiating with the CW to direct at least one episode of the spin-off. When asked if he's planning to return as an actor, he says, ""I don't know. I'm not sure. I'd sort of have to revisit that, take it on a case to case basis." Close the spaces surrounding 'style' in the address below if you want to read the article. Apparently, the word is off limits in links on this site. Strange...

http://www.creators.com/life style features/hollywood-exclusive/jason-priestley-negotiating-with-new-90210-to-direct-liv-tyler-admits-marital-separation-cloud-over-.html

sheerwill

[205]Jun 7, 2008

FacesDown wrote:
    It's interesting how she mentioned Brandon's name ahead of Dylan's.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it's an omen that we'll get K/B instead of K/D on the spinoff.

Thanks for the article. It's good that Jason's interested in directing. I just hope he decides to act in it as well!

Edited on 06/07/2008 7:21pm

dool_girl

[206]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 27

I hope we see brandon too....Before i had seen all the episodes of Brandon/Kelly dating (and i still actually havent seen all of them!) i was all for Kelly/Dylan but now im just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for them two to get back together!!!!

I think if Brandon returns this show could see some of the HIGHEST ratings the cw has ever seen!

Edited on 06/08/2008 1:01pm

degrassi_lover

[207]Jun 8, 2008

I think if both Brandon and Brenda returned the ratings would go off the wall. Since most fans want both Brandon and Brenda to return.

Thats great, Jason wants to direct an episode. But I really don't understand whats taking so long to make a decision whether or not Brandon will return. I mean Ian, Jason, and Shannen want a piece of 90210 so wouldn't the producers be happy to say yes? And besides, I really want Brandon to own the Peach Pit and be with Kelly

stellarchick86

[208]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 32
    degrassi_lover wrote:

I think if both Brandon and Brenda returned the ratings would go off the wall. Since most fans want both Brandon and Brenda to return.

Thats great, Jason wants to direct an episode. But I really don't understand whats taking so long to make a decision whether or not Brandon will return. I mean Ian, Jason, and Shannen want a piece of 90210 so wouldn't the producers be happy to say yes? And besides, I really want Brandon to own the Peach Pit and be with Kelly

Well, maybe its because they have to figure out a way for all of them to fit in with the show. Its not like back in the day where everyone was just there and a student at WBHS. Especically if Ian did return..if Brandon was already there he could be visiting or something but other than that, how would he tie in with the characters from the new WBHS? Theres only so many teachers LOL. Then they gotta figure out if Lindsay Price can come back or whether Steve will be single again..Figure out the D/B/K situation..etc etc. Maybe theyve already written a few episodes so they need to figure out where theyre all going to fit in.

cwprincss

[209]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    With all the original characters wanting to return, they have to remember they have an entire cast in place and if they were to bring everyone back, there wouldn't be a need for all the characters they have already cast! I would love for Brenda to return, but that is highly unlikely considering how things were left with Shannen when she left the show.

degrassi_lover

[210]Jun 10, 2008
    cwprincss wrote:
    With all the original characters wanting to return, they have to remember they have an entire cast in place and if they were to bring everyone back, there wouldn't be a need for all the characters they have already cast! I would love for Brenda to return, but that is highly unlikely considering how things were left with Shannen when she left the show.

Well not "every" character wants to return. But the more original BH alumnis return, the more success the series will return. I have a feeling more original BH fans will want to tune into the spinoff.

Though right now, I want Brandon and Brenda to return. And since Ian wants in, I'd like him to return.

sheerwill

[211]Jun 10, 2008
    http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=3da60832-5eeb-4553-b391-c3469dcc0b36

Looks like David and Donna might be divorced on the spinoff...

:
    Rebecca in Boise, Idaho: Any word on the 90210 remake? Is Tori still in it? Will hubby David appear?
    I'm hearing from inside sources that the CW is considering giving it a two-hour premiere. Holler! Whether it's one hour or dos, the big day will be September 2 at 8 p.m., so mark your Trapper Keepers, OK? As for Tori Spelling, as we first reported, she most definitely will appear in the first episode, resurrecting Donna as the owner of a hip clothing store (think Kitson). But I'm told David (Brian Austin Green) is not likely to appear in the CW's BevHood given that he's now full time over on Fox's Terminator. Tori tells us: "I don't know if she and David are together. I feel like she's a career woman. And when you get married young, sometimes you evolve and then you're no longer compatible." Especially if one of you is trying to save the world from the big, bad toasters!

degrassi_lover

[212]Jun 11, 2008

Oh wow That sucks.

I had a feeling David and Donna were going to call it quits. But its a shame, since for the entire series they made it as if the double D's would be together forever. All we need to know is that Kelly/Dylan are done as well.

dool_girl

[213]Jun 11, 2008
    I really want Donna and David to still be together. And they didnt get married THAT young 24 right?

sheerwill

[214]Jun 11, 2008
    Some more news...as of right now, Luke has no plans to return...

:
    ANOTHER ZIP CODE HEARD FROM: We reported the other day that Jason Priestley may helm an episode of the planned CW network redo of "Beverly Hills, 90210," but whether he'll show up on camera remains to be seen. Now we can tell you what his one-time co-heartthrob Luke Perry has to say on the subject.

"I wish 'em the best of luck on that, best of success to everybody," he says. "They haven't asked me and I haven't thought about doing anything on it. I've been kind of busy."

Perry's next TV offering is the Hallmark Channel Western "The Pledge," airing in July.

sheerwill

[215]Jun 11, 2008

dool_girl wrote:
    I really want Donna and David to still be together. And they didnt get married THAT young 24 right?

I think Donna was probably 25 and David was 24 (since he was 1 year younger than the rest of the gang). That's not too young, but I guess for Tori it is. In real life, she got married to her first husband when she was 31.

Edited on 06/11/2008 2:57pm

txgirl75

[216]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 23
    I think Donna was 25 and David 24 I think your right. I'm glad Luke is to busy for the spin off I really don't care for him to return. I did not like him very much in season 9 he did seem to get better in season 10. I'm with all of you that said no to Dylan and Kelly. Come on Jason get behind the camera.

dool_girl

[217]Jun 11, 2008
    If dylan shows up I would be okay with it...but i wont be heartbroken!! Im with u all in rooting for a brandon return...and brenda! I mean seriously i was just realizing today when I was watching a 90210 episode how long brandon and brenda went without seeing each other and brenda without seeing her friends!

sheerwill

[218]Jun 13, 2008

Entertainment Weekly interview with Tori.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20206490,00.html

DepthofField25

[219]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 19
    ^^Why would they specifically approach Tori Spelling out of all the original 90210 cast members? Like other than us wondering if she's still with David, who the eff cares about Donna? Come on, we all would rather see someone like Jason or Shannen return...

sheerwill

[220]Jun 13, 2008

DepthofField25 wrote:
    ^^Why would they specifically approach Tori Spelling out of all the original 90210 cast members? Like other than us wondering if she's still with David, who the eff cares about Donna? Come on, we all would rather see someone like Jason or Shannen return...

I agree. I would much rather have Jason or Shannen return. It would make more sense for Jason to come back so that Brandon and Kelly can be reunited. I don't know what they would do with Brenda if Shannen returned without Luke. For some reason, Tori seems more interested in returning than anyone else.

Edited on 06/13/2008 6:06pm