Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Just Announced Today (Spin-off)

degrassi_lover

[222]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 21
    sheerwill wrote:

DepthofField25 wrote:
    ^^Why would they specifically approach Tori Spelling out of all the original 90210 cast members? Like other than us wondering if she's still with David, who the eff cares about Donna? Come on, we all would rather see someone like Jason or Shannen return...

I agree. I would much rather have Jason or Shannen return. It would make more sense for Jason to come back so that Brandon and Kelly can be reunited. I don't know what they would do with Brenda if Shannen returned without Luke. For some reason, Tori seems more interested in returning than anyone else.

Well Tori obviously wants in, since 90210 started her career. And her father always visioned a new generation of 90210.

But I agree, Jason's return makes much more sense. Brenda left after S4 and hasn't made a single apperance since, so it seems off. But fans love Shannen, so if Shannen is in the series will become a hit.

Honestly the characters I want back are. Brandon, Steve, and Valerie(although Tiffani stated she is out).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dool_girl

[223]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 27
    im with u all i really could care less if donna is back! lol as i have said before cant stand donna. the only reason id want donna is if david was back but since there is no sign of him it just seems strange. im still kepping my fingers crossed on jason!

InstantClubHits

[224]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 5

I don't know how I feel about this Spin-Off...I know I can't expect lightning to strike twice, but when 90210 first premiered, there weren't a lot of shows like it around (though Canada had Degrassi High)....so it was unique and exciting. But we've got so many stupid teen shows, that only want to push the boundaries, be sexy and dangerous etc....there's so much of that around that it'll just be more like the rest.

However, if this new show focuses not only on all that stuff, but also at the core has a group of friends that come together from different social circles and become family then I'll enjoy it. Because that's what was the heart of 90210...but if it's just all sex, drugs and fights then I can't be bothered....90210 was a show about friends...and them relying on eachother to get through the problems they face, let's hope they keep that in mind w/ this new show.

InstantClubHits

[225]Jun 19, 2008
    And as long as Kelly is back I don't care about Donna or anyone else...it would get complicated trying to connect the grown ups together, and how they fit into the show. Kelly being the counselor at the school is great, because obviously these teens are going to need counseling (lol). But it'll get cluttered if Donna running a shop, Jasons doing something else etc....though Andrea could be back as the advisor for the school paper lol....not that she should, I was kind of joking.

dool_girl

[226]Jun 20, 2008
    InstantClubHits wrote:
    And as long as Kelly is back I don't care about Donna or anyone else...it would get complicated trying to connect the grown ups together, and how they fit into the show. Kelly being the counselor at the school is great, because obviously these teens are going to need counseling (lol). But it'll get cluttered if Donna running a shop, Jasons doing something else etc....though Andrea could be back as the advisor for the school paper lol....not that she should, I was kind of joking.

Unless Brandon returns Im okay with kelly being the only regular too. I think it would be nice to have older cast return as guest spots but i agree that it would get too complicated with a ton of the past cast members!

FacesDown

[227]Jun 21, 2008

The Futon Critic's "First Look" at the new 90210 after reading the pilot script.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20080620

Edited on 06/21/2008 4:29am

txgirl75

[228]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 23
    FacesDown wrote:

The Futon Critic's "First Look" at the new 90210 after reading the pilot script.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20080620

Sounds pretty good.

InstantClubHits

[229]Jun 22, 2008
    After reading that review, I'll definetely give it a chance. I love teen drama's but for some reason couldn't get into The O.C. and Gossip Girl, so I'm hoping this will be better. But the Peach Pit as a yogurt shop?? That might be a little TOO contemporary for me....but I guess we're all health concious these days, and Mega-Burgers aren't that great for ya.

stellarchick86

[230]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 32

That sucks that D/D wont be together but oh well..And I guess its good Luke aint coming back, I agree s9 and s10 Dylan werent all that great. Tori wants back probably because she doesnt have much else going on career-wise (lol) and because it was her dads show. If it wasnt, Donna wouldnt be needed.

So, so far, we have:

Donna: yes

Kelly: yes

David: no

Brandon: maybe

Dylan: no

Steve: ?

Val: no

Brenda: maybe (?)

???

Edited on 06/22/2008 12:43pm

sheerwill

[231]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 8

There have been numerous, sometimes conflicting, reports on everyone's status. This is what I make of it so far:

Brandon, Dylan, and Steve - maybe

Val - no

Brenda, Andrea, and David - unlikely

Kelly and Donna - yes

Edited on 06/24/2008 12:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

dool_girl

[232]Jun 24, 2008
    It kind of annoys me that David and Donna wont be together just because he isnt gonna come back. Anyways atleast Jason is definitly interested in directing...so hopefully he will get so excited about directing the show that he decideds he wants to be in it again too!

sheerwill

[233]Jun 24, 2008
    It's not a guarantee that David and Donna will be broken up. They may still be together. Tori was just speculating and giving her opinion of where she sees Donna now. It's up to the writers to decide what Donna's romantic status will be.

txgirl75

[234]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 23
    The two Ds can still be together and just not see David. I hope they are still together. The 10 years they were on we watch them get together and then break up and then back together then break up and then married. They better still be married. lol

LAWelk

[235]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 10

I too have been reading reviews of the scripts and plot points and I am still torn about tuning in or not. The one thing that really peaks my interst is that the guys who are producing it are the same ones who did Undeclared, one of the best shows about college life. I am intrigued yet, hesitant. I am sure that my curiostiy will get the better of me and i'll watch at least the first episode, but beyond that, I'm not really sure.

LAWelk

[236]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 10

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/?xid=rss-yahoogadget-todayslatest-20080702-Shannen+Doherty+back+to+%2790210%27%3F

YES!!!! Shannen might be back

sheerwill

[237]Jul 2, 2008
    I hope she does! Brenda was a great character! This spinoff could be awesome after all and some of the injustices of the past may finally be fixed. Here's hoping we get Kelly/Brandon and Brenda/Dylan! Thank you for the potentially good news.
    Edited on 07/01/2008 11:22pm

FacesDown

[238]Jul 2, 2008
    LAWelk wrote:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/?xid=rss-yahoogadget-todayslatest-20080702-Shannen+Doherty+back+to+%2790210%27%3F

YES!!!! Shannen might be back

Yay!!!!!!! This is the best news that I've heard in a long time. If Shannen signs on, then I'm guaranteed to watch every episode. Her departure ruined Brenda/Dylan and Kelly/Brandon. I was already excited about Kelly and Donna, but to reunite the three, even for a short while, will be sooo sweet.

HeXxXeD

[239]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 17
    HOOT HOOT!!!!

degrassi_lover

[240]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 21

WOOT WOOT! Shannen is offically back in 90210!