Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Just Announced Today (Spin-off)

sheerwill

[41]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    It sounds more like a remake than a spinoff.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geminigirl24

[42]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    Sounds more like a remake to me too. I'm not very hopeful about this. Lightning rarely strikes twice, and tv history is littered with the failed spin-offs, remakes and sequels to prove it.

krisi1021

[43]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 11

Okay ... so I was excited about the spinoff aka "remake". This is ridiculous! It isn't going to do good at all!
    I mean, how can you bring a family in, almost identical to that of the Walsh's, then you have a 24 year old guy with the last name Silver, and it's not even David Silver. How did we never meet this extension of his family, if that is in fact what it is.

I think Kelly's younger sister would've been the BEST way to go. Revolve the story around her and how she deals with going down the path her sister went down. Does she make the same mistakes? Worse ones? Who does she run with???

Let me talk to the writers ... this is RIDICULOUS!

txgirl75

[44]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    krisi1021 wrote:

Okay ... so I was excited about the spinoff aka "remake". This is ridiculous! It isn't going to do good at all!
    I mean, how can you bring a family in, almost identical to that of the Walsh's, then you have a 24 year old guy with the last name Silver, and it's not even David Silver. How did we never meet this extension of his family, if that is in fact what it is.

I think Kelly's younger sister would've been the BEST way to go. Revolve the story around her and how she deals with going down the path her sister went down. Does she make the same mistakes? Worse ones? Who does she run with???

Let me talk to the writers ... this is RIDICULOUS!

I agree having this Silver family just make sense at all. It would have been much better to go with Erin really would have. HOpe these writers are reading this.

Kadodian

[45]Mar 26, 2008
    I am happy that theres going to be a spin-off and I honestly can't wait.

Chad_Cronin

[46]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 15

More 90210 2.0 News!

Here's the latest buzz surrounding the spinoff!

Andrea Zuckerman's daughter supposedly pops up in the pilot script! Her daughter, Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez, is reportedly the host of the school's Blaze news show. Unfortch, she only graces the screen in one quick scene. Maybe the scene will start with parents Andrea and Jesse dropping her off at school?!

The guy writing the pilot reportedly has his heart set on Jennie Garth reprising her role as Kelly Taylor, who would now be a fashion design teacher at BHHS. But, Garth has signed on to shoot a CBS pilot this season, so who knows if that will fly!

AND, rumor has it that some of the series regulars will TP the Spelling mansion in that first ep as an homage to the original show.

Good luck getting Candie Spelling to agree to that!

We are soooo excited about the spin off show!

http://perezhilton.com/2008-04-01-more-90210-spinoff-news

sizz_leteen

[47]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 16

First actor announced.
    http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/TVNews/Articles/080401_90210_casting_SZ

txgirl75

[48]Apr 1, 2008
    I'm getting kinda excited now. First I was like sounds like a copy cat but now I'm getting excited. I hope Jennie will do it. She was all for a season 11 so come on Jennie a teacher that be great. We need Erin she be 16 I think Hannah be only 13 or 14 wouldn't she.

sheerwill

[49]Apr 1, 2008
    If Jennie is on the spinoff, they better not indicate Kelly and Dylan together in any way. I would hate that. Think of how many p*issed off D/B and B/K fans there will be. Kelly belongs with Brandon. Maybe she shouldn't join the spinoff because if Jason isn't on it they may not have Kelly and Brandon together.
    Edited on 04/01/2008 12:48pm

stellarchick86

[50]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 32
    sheerwill wrote:
    If Jennie is on the spinoff, they better not indicate Kelly and Dylan together in any way. I would hate that. Think of how many p*issed off D/B and B/K fans there will be. Kelly belongs with Brandon. Maybe she shouldn't join the spinoff because if Jason isn't on it they may not have Kelly and Brandon together.

LOL. They could have her single..or with someone else, ya know? Who knows, for all we know, they may make her turn out to be a lesbian!

txgirl75

[51]Apr 1, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    sheerwill wrote:

LOL. They could have her single..or with someone else, ya know? Who knows, for all we know, they may make her turn out to be a lesbian!
    I wouldn't mind seeing her with someone else but a lesbian no.

sheerwill

[52]Apr 1, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:
    sheerwill wrote:

In regard to your lesbian reference, wait till you watch Season 5 LOL.

At first, I was kind of excited about the spinoff. But now I'm not so sure. It would be hard for them to duplicate the succes of the original 90210. I'd rather see a reunion episode or movie with all of the original characters.

Chad_Cronin

[53]Apr 1, 2008

Dustin Milligan from The CW show "Runaway" as well as "Final Destination 3" "The Messengers" and others is the first one cast.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-dustinmilligan90210spinoff,0,1240912.story?track=rss

stellarchick86

[54]Apr 2, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:
    sheerwill wrote:

In regard to your lesbian reference, wait till you watch Season 5 LOL.

At first, I was kind of excited about the spinoff. But now I'm not so sure. It would be hard for them to duplicate the succes of the original 90210. I'd rather see a reunion episode or movie with all of the original characters.

Lol..Okay.

lexi_1793

[55]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    I am a new fan of old school 90210 and I am thrilled of them making a next generation one. I have a lot of faith in Rob Thomas and I am sure this is going to be perfect. Plus with as much of buzz as this show is getting I'm sure there will be plenty of people intot his show.

stellarchick86

[56]Apr 12, 2008
    Who is this Rob Thomas guy? Because the only one I know of is the one from Matchbox 20 and I doubt he cares about 90210, lol.

Chad_Cronin

[57]Apr 12, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Who is this Rob Thomas guy? Because the only one I know of is the one from Matchbox 20 and I doubt he cares about 90210, lol.

He created Veronica Mars! He wrote the episodes. It was/still is in repeat value a great show. We could only hope that would transfer over to the writing on this show, so that it will seem cool and smart instead of somewhat cheesy like some shows seem to get in their later years.

stellarchick86

[58]Apr 12, 2008
    Chad_Cronin wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

He created Veronica Mars! He wrote the episodes. It was/still is in repeat value a great show. We could only hope that would transfer over to the writing on this show, so that it will seem cool and smart instead of somewhat cheesy like some shows seem to get in their later years.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

heroesfan07

[59]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 21
    Wheres all the cast news?? I really want to know! Any news?

mischalover1777

[60]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well if Jennie and Tori are in this spinoff i hope then it could probably mean that their firends could come back for a visit not with Dylan so maybe David Brandon Brenda Andrea Jesse Steve Janet Val Dylan so maybe that is good news but i hope they have at least 1 of the original characters reprising their role