Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Just Announced Today (Spin-off)

  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [61]Apr 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,775
    I heard Jennie is signed on for a sitcom on CBS this fall so we may not get her. But who knows her show hasn't gotten picked up yet lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mcdreamygal24

    mcdreamygal24

    [62]Apr 14, 2008
    • member since: 11/22/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 535
    I honestly think they might as well just make a new show and not call it a spin-off. I think this spin-off is going to be really bad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [63]Apr 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,775
    mcdreamygal24 wrote:
    I honestly think they might as well just make a new show and not call it a spin-off. I think this spin-off is going to be really bad.
    i agree they should call it something else. So far Tori Spelling is only one saying she may do the show. In away I'm curious to see how it goes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [64]Apr 14, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Toris pregnant at the moment right? I just find it interesting that most of them probably wanted to stop after season 10 (or even before) because they wanted to move on, get married, have kids and be more a part of their lives (their family) and since they dont HAVE to work because they probably have enough money from acting and maybe thier spouses work, it would be cool. Like Jennie probably wanted to stop after season 10 to be more a part of her kids lives, but her kids are more grown up now, so right now shed be okay..and Tiffani Thiesen said no to this because shes trying to have a baby at the moment I guess (thats just something I heard so who knows if its true) yet Tori IS going to have a newborn and shes the only one who gave any kind of yes to this..I just find that odd.
    Edited on 04/14/2008 4:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [65]Apr 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,775
    I had forgotten Tori is pregnant.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sheerwill

    sheerwill

    [66]Apr 14, 2008
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 750

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Toris pregnant at the moment right? I just find it interesting that most of them probably wanted to stop after season 10 (or even before) because they wanted to move on, get married, have kids and be more a part of their lives (their family) and since they dont HAVE to work because they probably have enough money from acting and maybe thier spouses work, it would be cool. Like Jennie probably wanted to stop after season 10 to be more a part of her kids lives, but her kids are more grown up now, so right now shed be okay..and Tiffani Thiesen said no to this because shes trying to have a baby at the moment I guess (thats just something I heard so who knows if its true) yet Tori IS going to have a newborn and shes the only one who gave any kind of yes to this..I just find that odd.

    Yeah it is a little odd that Tori wants to be a part of this spinoff even though she's about to have a baby. Then again, Jennie had a baby between S7-8 of 90210 but she stayed till the end of the show. So I guess Tori could work around it if she really wants. I read the same thing about Tiffani. It was in an article of some sort so I think it is true. I have mixed opinions about Jennie possibly joining the spinoff. On the one hand, I only want Kelly with Brandon and vice versa, lol. And on the other hand, I want an end to the atrocity known as Kelly/Dylan at any cost. lmao! If Jennie is on the spinoff and Luke isn't, then I doubt there's K/D (thank god).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [67]Apr 15, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    sheerwill wrote:

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Toris pregnant at the moment right? I just find it interesting that most of them probably wanted to stop after season 10 (or even before) because they wanted to move on, get married, have kids and be more a part of their lives (their family) and since they dont HAVE to work because they probably have enough money from acting and maybe thier spouses work, it would be cool. Like Jennie probably wanted to stop after season 10 to be more a part of her kids lives, but her kids are more grown up now, so right now shed be okay..and Tiffani Thiesen said no to this because shes trying to have a baby at the moment I guess (thats just something I heard so who knows if its true) yet Tori IS going to have a newborn and shes the only one who gave any kind of yes to this..I just find that odd.

    Yeah it is a little odd that Tori wants to be a part of this spinoff even though she's about to have a baby. Then again, Jennie had a baby between S7-8 of 90210 but she stayed till the end of the show. So I guess Tori could work around it if she really wants. I read the same thing about Tiffani. It was in an article of some sort so I think it is true. I have mixed opinions about Jennie possibly joining the spinoff. On the one hand, I only want Kelly with Brandon and vice versa, lol. And on the other hand, I want an end to the atrocity known as Kelly/Dylan at any cost. lmao! If Jennie is on the spinoff and Luke isn't, then I doubt there's K/D (thank god).



    Youre funny, lol.
    But yea I understand that Jennie had kids DURING 90210 so she probably felt like well Ill just wait a few more years (its a paycheck, why not?) but if she were to JOIN something right after a baby, most people would say no and wait a few years until the childs older ya know. Idk.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of heroesfan07

    heroesfan07

    [68]Apr 15, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 1,226
    BREAKING Rob has left the show AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no and it may be pushed back to the Summer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [69]Apr 15, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,775
    heroesfan07 wrote:
    BREAKING Rob has left the show AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no and it may be pushed back to the Summer.
    WHAT?? Wasn't it Robs idea for this spin off and now he leaves. That dumb don't even finish what he starts.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of heroesfan07

    heroesfan07

    [70]Apr 15, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 1,226
    txgirl75 wrote:
    heroesfan07 wrote:
    BREAKING Rob has left the show AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no and it may be pushed back to the Summer.
    WHAT?? Wasn't it Robs idea for this spin off and now he leaves. That dumb don't even finish what he starts.


    Josh Shwatrz would be good!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chad_Cronin

    Chad_Cronin

    [71]Apr 15, 2008
    • member since: 09/17/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 186

    A " Beverly Hills, 90210" spinoff would not be complete without someone to play a Kelly-type.

    AnnaLynne McCord has joined the privileged and growing cast of The CW's unnamed "90210" spinoff. The drama will be a contemporary update of the popular '90s teen soap. The pilot was originally written by "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas, who will step back to concentrate on his two ABC shows "Cupid" and "Good Behavior," allowing Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah to step in for rewrites.

    According to The Hollywood Reporter, McCord will portray Naomi, one of the prettiest and most popular girls at West Beverly Hills High. She joins the previously announced Dustin Milligan.

    McCord, 20, might be familiar to TV audiences who caught her as the despicable Eden Lord on "Nip/Tuck," her run on MyNetworkTV's "American Heiress" serials as well as her guest spots on "Ugly Betty," "Close to Home," "The O.C." and "Greek."

    On the big screen, she played a carjacker in "The Transporter 2," appeared in the "Day of the Dead" remake and is shooting "Fired Up."

    http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-90210spinoffannalynnemccord,0,7658927.story?track=rss

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chad_Cronin

    Chad_Cronin

    [72]Apr 15, 2008
    • member since: 09/17/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 186

    The whole Rob Thomas thing. It sounds like I thought. He was hired to write the Pilot. That he did and he's dealing with his other shows. The article I read sounds like he would still be involved with the show. Hiring people from "What About Brian" I don't know about that one. I watched that show and it lost focus the 2nd season. I wouldn't worry too much about production starting in the summer. I'm sure if The CW wants it on the air this fall, they will make it happen.

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ibe47ce7261506e1842929f038de19297

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [73]Apr 16, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    The OC is the only show listed from that that I watch and I dont remember an AnnaLynne McCord, anyone know what character she played?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [74]Apr 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,775
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    The OC is the only show listed from that that I watch and I dont remember an AnnaLynne McCord, anyone know what character she played?
    I have to see a picture of her to know who she is. The name don't ring a bell for me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [75]Apr 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,775
    Great News for everyone that like Jennie Garth like me. lol. I just read on et online.net that she said bye bye to her other show that they were doing on CBS and may be doing the 90210 spin off. I'm so happy that put a smile on my face. if she does it and Tori does it we got 2 down and what 6 more to go haha! Kinda funny though I'm not really big on TOri but i always loved kelly and donna's friendship so that's why i want both of them on the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Magicalboy

    Magicalboy

    [76]Apr 19, 2008
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 15,548
    Rob is still gonna be apart of the show [somehow] according to that report. I'd still watch and if [and I'm 99.9% sure] The CW pairs this up with Gossip Girl, I'd be in heaven. ;D
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [77]Apr 20, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Magicalboy wrote:
    Rob is still gonna be apart of the show [somehow] according to that report. I'd still watch and if [and I'm 99.9% sure] The CW pairs this up with Gossip Girl, I'd be in heaven. ;D


    Starting Monday theyre going to be pairing up One Tree Hill with Gossip Girl, but maybe they can do 90210 before GG or after OTH or osmething.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [78]Apr 20, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,775
    I think it should come Wednesday just because that's when 90210 the orginal came on. Or even Friday we need something on Fridays but usually shows that come on Fridays don't do to good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of luv2live

    luv2live

    [79]Apr 24, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,741
    I'm still torn about them coming up with a spin off, especially so many years after the show ended. I watched 90210 growing up and loved it. It was the "it" show back then. I just don't get why they need a spin off, I'm worried it will taint the legacy of 90210. Why not make a show that's similar and just not say it's a spin off. Let it stand on its own.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [80]Apr 24, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    luv2live wrote:
    I'm still torn about them coming up with a spin off, especially so many years after the show ended. I watched 90210 growing up and loved it. It was the "it" show back then. I just don't get why they need a spin off, I'm worried it will taint the legacy of 90210. Why not make a show that's similar and just not say it's a spin off. Let it stand on its own.
    Thats how I feel too. Its not really a spinoff in my eyes, its the same comcept with the same name with different actors.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.