FOX (ended 0000)

Just Announced Today (Spin-off)

txgirl75

[101]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    Chad_Cronin wrote:
    jayrwi23 wrote:
    does anyone hear anything about Jennie Garth be in the show

They said she hasn't been approached yet and won't until the script is finalized. Here is the link

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=5ca2d214-7e25-437b-90dd-2c491ca2d0ab
    Sounds like Jennie backed out of her new show for nothing but sounds like there still may be hope for her to be on it. I hope
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chad_Cronin

[102]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 15
    txgirl75 wrote:
    They also casted Jessica Stroup from the movie prom night. SHe will play a Silver all was said. They are getting there.

That would be good casting. I just saw Prom Night yesterday and she was good in that. I didn't even realize that she was also in The Hills Have Eyes 2 until I looked at her resume

sheerwill

[103]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 8

txgirl75 wrote:
    Sounds like Jennie backed out of her new show for nothing but sounds like there still may be hope for her to be on it. I hope

Jennie backed out of the new show because her father passed away. I hope she's on the spinoff too. Otherwise it may not be that interesting. My main reason for wanting her on the spinoff is because I don't think we're going to be getting a real 90210 reunion episode anytime in the future. I hated Ode to Joy because of one of the couples (everyone knows who). I want that couple destroyed and this spinoff may be the only way, LOL.

Edited on 04/30/2008 12:38pm

Chad_Cronin

[104]Apr 30, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:

txgirl75 wrote:

Jennie backed out of the new show because her father passed away. I hope she's on the spinoff too. Otherwise it may not be that interesting. My main reason for wanting her on the spinoff is because I don't think we're going to be getting a real 90210 reunion episode anytime in the future. I hated Ode to Joy because of one of the couples (everyone knows who). I want that couple destroyed and this spinoff may be the only way, LOL.

I think it would be more successful if she was on it. It would be easier to call it a spin-off if some of characters were on this show. I think it will be different though. Things just different than they were then.

txgirl75

[105]Apr 30, 2008
    Okay i didn't realize Jen back out because her dad passed away. I really do hope she makes it to the spin off.

HeXxXeD

[106]May 1, 2008
    • level: 17
    sheerwill wrote:

txgirl75 wrote:

lmao. I undoubtedly agree with every single thing you said. I also heard that Ian was producing an tv special (like a 90210 character's reunion) to air on 9-02-10 (september 2nd 2010)

txgirl75

[107]May 2, 2008
    They casted a new one Michael Steger never heard of him. I was kinda hoping we get some people that have been around awhile but i guess it's better getting new faces I guess.

Chad_Cronin

[108]May 2, 2008

Another person casted

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/New-90210-Taps/800038832

I found this the funniest thing in the article. A title suggestion -

The Pussycat Dolls Present: Return to 90210: The Next Generation

Chad_Cronin

[109]May 5, 2008

Adopted son casted

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-tristanwilds90210,0,4558741.story?track=rss

clarkgable17

[110]May 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    when are spin offs ever a good idea?

txgirl75

[111]May 7, 2008
    Melorose Place is the only spin off I know that lasted 7 years. It was a spin off from 90210. They usually don't last over a year or 2.

heroesfan07

[112]May 7, 2008
    • level: 21
    Melrose
    Degrassi:TNG
    Angel
    Joey
    Private Practice

stellarchick86

[113]May 7, 2008
    • level: 32
    txgirl75 wrote:
    Melorose Place is the only spin off I know that lasted 7 years. It was a spin off from 90210. They usually don't last over a year or 2.

It was?? I thought it was just a bunch of adults who lived on Melrose or something, lol. And heroesfan07, Joey was a spinoff, but it wasnt very good. I wonder if this new family will be moving into the old Walsh home or something.

txgirl75

[114]May 7, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    txgirl75 wrote:

It was?? I thought it was just a bunch of adults who lived on Melrose or something, lol. And heroesfan07, Joey was a spinoff, but it wasnt very good. I wonder if this new family will be moving into the old Walsh home or something.
    Yeah remember Jake he camed and helped do some stuff to for Jackie and Mel's wedding and him and Kelly had a thing for awhile. That's how Melorse got started.
    THat be so awsome if this new family moved into the Walsh house. Or the Sander's house lol.

stellarchick86

[115]May 7, 2008
    txgirl75 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    txgirl75 wrote:

Yeah remember Jake he camed and helped do some stuff to for Jackie and Mel's wedding and him and Kelly had a thing for awhile. That's how Melorse got started.
    THat be so awsome if this new family moved into the Walsh house. Or the Sander's house lol.

Oh okay. I never watched the show but I thought I wouldve still known that. What do you mean though by thats how Melrose got started, though? Like he was the same character there as 90210? Did they ever mention the people off of 90210? I just dont get the connection other than that 1 epiosde of 90210, sorry.

sheerwill

[116]May 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    Jake started off as Kelly's love interest in Season 2 of 90210 and became one of the regular cast members on Melrose Place. Kelly, Donna, and David all made a few appearances on Melrose Place. That's why it's considered a spinoff.

heroesfan07

[117]May 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    txgirl75 wrote:

I liked Joey!!
    Other succesful spinoffs:
    Fraiser
    Mork & Mindy

stellarchick86

[118]May 8, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:
    Jake started off as Kelly's love interest in Season 2 of 90210 and became one of the regular cast members on Melrose Place. Kelly, Donna, and David all made a few appearances on Melrose Place. That's why it's considered a spinoff.

Ah, okay. Thanks. I just didnt quite get it because I didnt think Jake was that big of a character to have a spinoff around. In fact, people txgirl75 mentioned it I forgot all about him lol. It wasnt someone like Ray or Colin who mayve not been a main character but who was still on for a while.

Kylie90210

[119]May 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    I am excited about the spin off, and will watch it, but it wouldd be i million times cooler if the original cast came back!

Kylie90210

[120]May 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    The new Beverly Hills 90210 is busy casting and coming together, but it doesn't seem like any of the stars from the original Fox hit will be involved. Don't look for Brandon Walsh among the characters, at least not with the man who created him. Jason Priestley admits that nobody from the new 90210 has even contacted him about an appearance. In a brief interview with momlogic.com, Jason said, "I'm certainly open to it. I loved working on that show. I loved everything I did on that show. I had so many jobs on that show, I loved it so."

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/05/05/jason-priestley-says-no-to-dancing-maybe-to-90210/