Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Just Announced Today (Spin-off)

degrassi_lover

[141]May 19, 2008
    • level: 21
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Does any one have any other info besides castmastes (that I have no idea who 90% of them are lol) and the fact that its on the CW ? Would it start around Septmeber like most shows that are coming back are or would it not be near ready yet? And the name- is it just "90210" ? I thought I heard that somewhere. Thats going to be confusing because I call THIS show 90210 for short.

90210 is the offical title of the spinoff, the series will air this Fall Tuesday Nights on The CW, The CW has offically ordered 13 episodes for the series.

And both Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling are confirmed to reprise their roles as Kelly and Donna under recurring status.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sheerwill

[142]May 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    FacesDown wrote:
    sheerwill wrote:

Petition to bring back Jason and reunite Brandon and Kelly! Please sign!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/reuniteBK/

I signed it. I don't know if I can bring myself to watch the new show if Kelly and Dylan are still "soulmates". For years, it's bothered me that Kelly and Brandon haven't gotten their happily ever after together!

I feel the same way. Let's just hope the writers for the spinoff have some common sense and don't keep Kelly and Dylan together.

Chad_Cronin

[143]May 19, 2008
    • level: 15
    I bet until the writers know who they can get back and when they will not bring up what happened. They can easy show Kelly Taylor as a counselor, talking to the kids about their problems, without actually giving away anything about her personal life whatsoever. I do worry they will just give the old cast very limited lines/screen time just to try to get BH 90210 fans to watch, but it would be funny to see everyone beg for more and more of them and have the show half way turn into a continuation of the old show, that would be interesting to see the new show mix with the old show, but I highly doubt it. I know I'll be watching to see what is revealed. I hope they are gonna be shooting at the same Torrance High School that was also used on Buffy and movies.

txgirl75

[144]May 19, 2008
    • level: 23
    I hope this new family Mills live in the Walsh old house that be kinda neat.

stellarchick86

[145]May 19, 2008
    • level: 32
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Does any one have any other info besides castmastes (that I have no idea who 90% of them are lol) and the fact that its on the CW ? Would it start around Septmeber like most shows that are coming back are or would it not be near ready yet? And the name- is it just "90210" ? I thought I heard that somewhere. Thats going to be confusing because I call THIS show 90210 for short.

90210 is the offical title of the spinoff, the series will air this Fall Tuesday Nights on The CW, The CW has offically ordered 13 episodes for the series.

And both Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling are confirmed to reprise their roles as Kelly and Donna under recurring status.

Thank you.

huh920

[146]May 19, 2008
    Where do I sign so that Shannen Doherty will come back? I am happy Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling are going to be back in the spin off!

sheerwill

[147]May 20, 2008

The CW network may fold soon if ratings don't increase. The 90210 spinoff is one of the shows the network is counting on to help it survive.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121089546043097065.html

stellarchick86

[148]May 20, 2008

huh920 wrote:
    Where do I sign so that Shannen Doherty will come back?

Here ya go!

http://perezhilton.com/2008-05-12-brenda-brenda-brenda

sheerwill wrote:
    The CW network may fold soon if ratings don't increase. The 90210 spinoff is one of the shows the network is counting on to help it survive.

Wow, I never thought the CW was doing so bad, with Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill being there and because its not a major network I figured theyd always be ok. I remember when The OCs ratings were going down the tubes, especially going into the 4th season, everyone was like have it go (from Fox) to the CW! They dont care about ratings! But they do and I know that it doesnt help that at one point you could go onto thecw.com and watch episodes of GG there if you couldnt/didnt want to on the show, and although there were ads you had to sit through every so often, it really decreaed the ratings for the show on the TV. They pulled that off, online, so now you can only watch it on the TV, but I guess they are still being affected from that or something. And now they are going to have 90210, GG and some other show about rich kids? Come-on!

Edited on 05/20/2008 2:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

huh920

[149]May 20, 2008
    Thanks! I signed. Hope she comes back. I miss seeing Shannen on screen.

degrassi_lover

[150]May 20, 2008

I just signed as well.

Although I'm not a big "Brenda" fan, the series will be much better with more BH, 90210 alumnis!

FacesDown

[151]May 21, 2008
    • level: 5
    sheerwill wrote:

I feel the same way. Let's just hope the writers for the spinoff have some common sense and don't keep Kelly and Dylan together.

If only the writers would see it that way. I've always viewed Kelly-Dylan as a detour for Kelly-Brandon. If they had gotten together at the Spring Dance, then they probably would have broken up over something immature later in high school. I had really hoped that when they did get together it would be forever. I'm afraid that something will come up that will keep Jason off the show, and then I have to endure photos of Kelly's kids with Dylan in her school office or something. Could you imagine? I hope the writers don't write that in because it would be hard for me to root for any man breaking up a family, even Brandon. By the way, I love your avatar!

stellarchick86

[152]May 21, 2008
    I saw the trailor for this show on the homepage and I just gotta say it looks like a complete rip off of the original 90210 and The OC with the whole "poor kid getting adopted by the rich family" type thing. So Idk if Ill be watching, really. Ill probably tivo it and then fastforward through it until I see like Kelly or Donna, or Im sure Ill find out through promos somewhere if they are going to be on that next episode and then tivo it, but I dont think Ill be watchin the show in itself. I just cant watch a show that has too much of a repeated storyline from something else, I feel like the writers should have more imagination. I know its a "spinoff" but I feel like they are just taking the same storylines and adding "90210" so fans of the original show will watch it or have that stigma attached to the show. And then they are also having a show right after that about ANOTHER show with rich kids...goodness.

cwprincss

[153]May 21, 2008
    • level: 6
    I know they are supposed to have Tori Spelling guest starring as well so it will be interesting to see how they explain David not there. I also wouldn't count on Dylan being around either. I never did like he and Kelly. I thought she was a slime for what she did to Brenda. If Shannen Doherty would've stayed on the show, I am willing to bet they would have kept her and Dylan together. I will probably watch it just because I was a fan of The OC and 90210 when it was on...maybe it will add some depth to it and rekindle the fan craze it once was.

txgirl75

[154]May 21, 2008
    • level: 23
    It's weird they haven't mentioned Brian or the one that plays Andrea but they do mention her daughter.

FacesDown

[155]May 21, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:
    I saw the trailor for this show on the homepage and I just gotta say it looks like a complete rip off of the original 90210 and The OC with the whole "poor kid getting adopted by the rich family" type thing. So Idk if Ill be watching, really. Ill probably tivo it and then fastforward through it until I see like Kelly or Donna, or Im sure Ill find out through promos somewhere if they are going to be on that next episode and then tivo it, but I dont think Ill be watchin the show in itself. I just cant watch a show that has too much of a repeated storyline from something else, I feel like the writers should have more imagination. I know its a "spinoff" but I feel like they are just taking the same storylines and adding "90210" so fans of the original show will watch it or have that stigma attached to the show. And then they are also having a show right after that about ANOTHER show with rich kids...goodness.

Uh huh. Me too. I just saw the first trailer, and I'm disappointed. So far, I don't see anything particularly special about the new cast. I was super excited about all this 90210 talk because of memories from childhood, but I feel like I've been brought down to reality after realizing that members of the original cast won't be the main focus. Honestly, I just want the old cast back because it was the actors that made it for me, not necessarily the rapes, drugs, betrayal, etc. I will give the pilot episode a chance for sure, but I'm already sceptical of its ability to stand on its own without the famous zipcode.

FacesDown

[156]May 21, 2008

cwprincss wrote:
    I know they are supposed to have Tori Spelling guest starring as well so it will be interesting to see how they explain David not there. I also wouldn't count on Dylan being around either. I never did like he and Kelly. I thought she was a slime for what she did to Brenda. If Shannen Doherty would've stayed on the show, I am willing to bet they would have kept her and Dylan together.I will probably watch it just because I was a fan of The OC and 90210 when it was on...maybe it will add some depth to it and rekindle the fan craze it once was.

You see, that's what I think too. I'd bet money that the original intention was for Brenda and Dylan to commit longterm after enduring the speed bumps of their young love. If Shannen and later Jason hadn't left the show, then I truly believe that would have happened. I was seven when the show first aired, and I'm currently rewatching the early seasons for the first time since then. I've just gotten through the episode when Dylan and Kelly tell Brenda about their summer fling, and it still hurts to watch...

The inevitable spin-off break up of David and Donna is disappointing, but I don't see Brian Green getting involved. Tori said that she wanted to play a sexy stepmother, right? So I guess nothing is sacred in terms of old ties. Still, I don't think Kelly and Donna can return without mentioning the fate of the Walsh twins and Dylan. I won't count on those three being around in person, but I have a feeling that their memories will be conjured up more than once in order to keep alive the prospects of future guest spots.

sheerwill

[157]May 21, 2008
    FacesDown wrote:
    sheerwill wrote:

If only the writers would see it that way. I've always viewed Kelly-Dylan as a detour for Kelly-Brandon. If they had gotten together at the Spring Dance, then they probably would have broken up over something immature later in high school. I had really hoped that when they did get together it would be forever. I'm afraid that something will come up that will keep Jason off the show, and then I have to endure photos of Kelly's kids with Dylan in her school office or something. Could you imagine? I hope the writers don't write that in because it would be hard for me to root for any man breaking up a family, even Brandon. By the way, I love your avatar!

Thank you for the avatar compliment. I love how Jason tries to kiss Jennie. It's so cute.

The scenario you described is horrifying. If they indicate that Kelly is with Dylan, I won't be watching the spinoff. I don't care about any of the new characters. Even though Kelly is only a recurring character, her storylines are the only thing that interests me. I just want her to be reunited with Brandon, and for Dylan and Brenda to be mentioned as being together.

sheerwill

[158]May 21, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:

I agree. There's nothing original about the spinoff. It's just another variation of The OC and OTH, which in turn are based on BH 90210. All of the new characters bear resemblance to the original 90210 characters so I don't see anything creative or special about this updated version. The "poor kid getting adopted by the rich family" seems very much like Ryan Atwood from The OC, maybe with some Brandon mixed in. Like you, I'm really only interested in the storylines involving Kelly, and to some extent, Donna. I was excited about this spinoff before, but now I've become very pessimistic. I don't expect much from this show.

Edited on 05/21/2008 2:41pm

sheerwill

[159]May 21, 2008
    FacesDown wrote:

The inevitable spin-off break up of David and Donna is disappointing, but I don't see Brian Green getting involved. Tori said that she wanted to play a sexy stepmother, right? So I guess nothing is sacred in terms of old ties. Still, I don't think Kelly and Donna can return without mentioning the fate of the Walsh twins and Dylan. I won't count on those three being around in person, but I have a feeling that their memories will be conjured up more than once in order to keep alive the prospects of future guest spots.

They may not break up Donna and David. I suppose they could be mentioned as being together without showing David on-screen. But you're right about what Tori said. She wants to be a "MILF" on this show. LMAO!! So who knows. I just hope the writers don't make things worse than what they were in Ode to Joy by reinforcing Kelly/Dylan. That's my main concern.

Edited on 05/21/2008 2:48pm

stellarchick86

[160]May 21, 2008
    My guess is that they will probably have D/D together but just never show Brian on screen. If Donna is like the school counselor or whatever it was she wanted to be, than that doesnt require David to be on screen. And same thing could go for Jason or Luke. I have a feeling if they are goin to show them on screen that theres more of a chance for Jason to come back than Luke but who knows. Or, D and K may be single and/or have other husbands who knows. I have a feeling though that D and K will play smalllllll roles, otherwise wouldnt they be shown in the promo as well ?