Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Just Announced Today (Spin-off)

FacesDown

[161]May 21, 2008
    • level: 5
    sheerwill wrote:
    FacesDown wrote:

The inevitable spin-off break up of David and Donna is disappointing, but I don't see Brian Green getting involved. Tori said that she wanted to play a sexy stepmother, right? So I guess nothing is sacred in terms of old ties. Still, I don't think Kelly and Donna can return without mentioning the fate of the Walsh twins and Dylan. I won't count on those three being around in person, but I have a feeling that their memories will be conjured up more than once in order to keep alive the prospects of future guest spots.

They may not break up Donna and David. I suppose they could be mentioned as being together without showing David on-screen. But you're right about what Tori said. She wants to be a "MILF" on this show. LMAO!! So who knows. I just hope the writers don't make things worse than what they were in Ode to Joy by reinforcing Kelly/Dylan. That's my main concern.

You're right. They could mention David and not show him. Donna will probably play such a small role that it won't matter if he's not shown. Even though Bren/Dylan are my sentimental favorite couple, Jennie and Jason stuck by the show when those two left, and I care more about them getting together on-screen. I'll be happy with a mention that Brenda and Dylan are together, but I want some on-screen closure for Kelly/Brandon. The reason that I'm paying attention to the spin-off at all is to see Kelly and Donna to a lesser extent. Hearing that Jason might be interested in appearing gives me hope.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

degrassi_lover

[162]May 21, 2008
    • level: 21

Donna will be a recurring character in 90210 so I guess that is actually important..

But remember newbie Daphne's last name is "Silver" so she could end up being the niece to lets say David? And they did say they want a connection with this spinoff to BH.

Since Kelly will be the guidance counseillor I have a feeling this will lead to Donna possibly being the Fashion Teacher at WBH, since she along with Kelly were involved with the Fashion Business.

sheerwill

[163]May 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    An interesting article: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1501119/story.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10511336

:
    First look at new 90210 series unveiled
    12:00PM Tuesday May 20, 2008
    By Megan Gibb It's been eight years since we waved goodbye to the residents of Beverly Hills, 90210.

Back when we left them, eterna-virgin Donna and music man David had just got hitched and blonde beauty Kelly had hooked up with bad-boy Dylan (again).

What have they been doing since? We may never know, but its time to say hello to a new bunch of residents. Television's most famous post code is back.

America's CW network has been hard at work developing a new spin-off of the much-loved teen drama, simply named 90210.

The new series centres on the Mills family who move to Beverly Hills from Kansas so father Harry Mills can take up a role as principal at the original gang's former school, West Beverly Hills High. Like the original, the new series will feature Midwest-raised teenagers - Mills' children - learning to navigate the Beverly Hills social scene (What to wear!, who to make friends with!). A new promo clip (watch below) declares the new season will be "cooler, sexier, more provocative."

Hello? Don't they remember the episode where Brenda lost her virginity to Dylan, when Ray threw Donna down a flight of stairs, or the one when Kelly's mum was hooked on coke?

From the original cast, only Jennie Garth (Kelly) has been confirmed for a recurring part in the new series, but Tori Spelling is reportedly in talks to reprise her role as Donna. Ian Ziering is also said to be keen to return as Steve Sanders. Garth will play a guidance counsellor at West Beverly. No word on whether Dylan rode off into the sunset in his Porsche.

The producers have also managed to snare a former cast member of 90210 spin-off Melrose Place for the new show. Place regular Rob Estes, who played Kyle McBride, has been cast as the principal of the high school and father of the Mills family, who the show centres on.

Tori Spelling - whose father, TV mogul Aaron Spelling, was the brains behind the original show - says she would love to be involved in the new series.

She said: "I would love to be a part of it. I think it's a really good idea. 90210 was really the first of its kind, the first teen drama. It kind of laid the way for other shows like Dawson's Creek and The O.C.

"Who would I play? I would play the sexy mom obviously! Every teen drama has a hot mom - a stepmother, of course, because I couldn't possibly have a teenage daughter!"

Who would we most like to see return? The feisty Brenda Walsh, played by Shannen Doherty. We're sure her calendar is free, apart from a short run in drama Charmed in the late 90s, her only work has been failed TV pilots and made-for-TV movies. We're not too hopeful though, Doherty's is one of the only names that hasn't been mentioned in connection with the new series.

stellarchick86

[164]May 22, 2008
    • level: 32

Awww poor Shannen lol. Itd be interesting to see Brenda like 10 years later or whatever itd be.

And 90210 wasnt the first, stupid Tori Spelling, Saved By The Bell was! It wasnt a drama, no, but it was the first teen show ever. In fact Im almost positive Aaron got the idea for 90210 from SBTB and just made it not soo cheesy.

Edited on 05/22/2008 5:02pm

sheerwill

[165]May 23, 2008
    http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/6859

:

Lori Loughlin: No Shannen Doherty in 90210 Spinoff Jennie Garth may want Shannen Doherty to return for the 90210 spinoff, but Lori Loughlin sure doesn't.

"I don't think Shannen will. No." the actress tells OK!. "I don't think anyone wants to touch that."

But the show will embrace Tori Spelling with open arms though. Donna Martin's real-life alter ego has been angling for a role in the CW series since the news was announced. But Tori, who's due next month with her second child, may need to take a short maternity leave first.

"I think they are waiting for her to have her baby and then they're going to - there's definitely a role for her though in the pilot, like a small little cameo thing which will be fun," Lori says. "But, then I think they'll have her back."

The 43-year-old has also heard "rumblings" of Luke Perry returning, but claims to not know much else. Having already talked to Jennie about the show, the star now can hardly wait to start production on June 25.

"I'm so excited. I've seen a script. It's good," she says. "I really like it. It's definitely the contemporary 90210. It's touching on what teenagers are going through now-a-days, which is a little bit - I don't want to say faster, but they are definitely exposed to more at this time. Kids today, they have a lot to handle. They grow up so fast."

sheerwill

[168]May 23, 2008

I'll be furious beyond words if K/D are still together.

And Lori is talking about Shannen as if she were the plague or something.

Edited on 05/23/2008 11:43am
    Edited 2 total times.

txgirl75

[169]May 23, 2008
    • level: 23
    That don't make sense about Lori not wanting SHannen on the show what did she ever do to her. lol. Jennie and Shannen didn't get along so don't think Lori knows what she's talking about with that.

FacesDown

[170]May 23, 2008

sheerwill wrote:
    http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/6859
    :
    Lori Loughlin: No Shannen Doherty in 90210 Spinoff Jennie Garth may want Shannen Doherty to return for the 90210 spinoff, but Lori Loughlin sure doesn't. "I don't think Shannen will. No." the actress tells OK!. "I don't think anyone wants to touch that."

Wow. That's not cool at all. I know that Shannen has made mistakes in her past, but to publically dismiss her like that before working with her is not cool. Not everybody in Hollywood have had bad experiences with her on set. I'm not sure if Lori knows her personally, but if Shannen does sign on eventually then she's not making any future friends.

Brenda Walsh will always be a huge part of the original show, and as a fan of her character, I'd love to see how she's doing after all these years. Truthfully, I won't be totally heartbroken if Brenda doesn't return because I'm afraid that the writers will make her a total b!tch and destroy any hope that she got with Dylan, but I don't want behind-the-scenes drama ruining her chance of ever coming back.

FacesDown

[171]May 23, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:

I'll be furious beyond words if K/D are still together.

If K/B don't start out together or show promise of getting together from the spin-off pilot, then it's over for me before it starts.

stellarchick86

[172]May 23, 2008
    I didnt even catch that, I guess I was too busy reading the stuff in bold.

Who the he11 is Lori Laughlin to talk about S.D. that way?? She acts like shes the top exec whos going to make the big decision- shes just an actress in this show who can be replaced within seconds. Shannen has gotten more fame from 90210 and Charmed than Lori ever got in her life. What did she do that was important besides Full House? And even then she wasnt a main character. Also, since this is technically a spinoff, Shannen has more right to be there than Lori does because this is still in a way a part of her show, and like I said, Lori can be replaced with a new actress because her character isnt set in stone with how that character looks ya know.

degrassi_lover

[173]May 23, 2008

Haha, thats funny.

And the strange thing is, Lori isn't the one who makes decision whether she's in or out. And besides, if even Jennie wants Shannen back then Lori will survive.

HeXxXeD

[174]May 24, 2008
    • level: 17
    Lori is gonna get hurt when Shannen finds out she is talkin mess lol. who the hell does she think she is?! "NOBODY WANTS TO TOUCH THAT?!" WTF?!... wh0re.
    Edited on 05/23/2008 11:22pm

degrassi_lover

[175]May 25, 2008

Luke Perry has confirmed that he is not interested in returning to 90210.

So I guess this means Kelly/Dylan are dunzo. And with Brandon's possible return, it looks like Kelly/Brandon will get back together.

huh920

[176]May 25, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Who the he11 is Lori Laughlin to talk about S.D. that way?? She acts like shes the top exec whos going to make the big decision- shes just an actress in this show who can be replaced within seconds. Shannen has gotten more fame from 90210 and Charmed than Lori ever got in her life. What did she do that was important besides Full House? And even then she wasnt a main character. Also, since this is technically a spinoff, Shannen has more right to be there than Lori does because this is still in a way a part of her show, and like I said, Lori can be replaced with a new actress because her character isnt set in stone with how that character looks ya know.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Who is LL? No one! Shannen needs to come back. I am a BD fan and BK so. I am glad Luke isnt returning. They could say Dylan and Brenda are happily married living on the other side of the country.

Oh yeah LL was on Summerland. A family drama that lasted like 3 seasons. It wasnt horrible.

FacesDown

[177]May 26, 2008
    degrassi_lover wrote:

Luke Perry has confirmed that he is not interested in returning to 90210.

So I guess this means Kelly/Dylan are dunzo. And with Brandon's possible return, it looks like Kelly/Brandon will get back together.

Thanks for the news. This is the first I've heard of Luke's refusal to sign on. I'm crossing my fingers that Jason is in, and you're right about Kelly/Brandon. It won't really feel like 90210 to me unless Jason is a part of it. But who knows? If the show doesn't suck, then the rest of the original cast, including Luke, might change their minds and make guest appearances in future seasons.

stellarchick86

[178]May 26, 2008
    huh920 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

That is exactly what I was thinking. Who is LL? No one! Shannen needs to come back. I am a BD fan and BK so. I am glad Luke isnt returning. They could say Dylan and Brenda are happily married living on the other side of the country.

Oh yeah LL was on Summerland. A family drama that lasted like 3 seasons. It wasnt horrible.

That lasted 3 seasons?! Wow. I thought it was like one at most. Well, she mayve had some fame with that but I bet Shannens still more famous in her own right.

huh920

[179]May 26, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    That lasted 3 seasons?! Wow. I thought it was like one at most. Well, she mayve had some fame with that but I bet Shannens still more famous in her own right.

Actually I looked it up it was only two seasons. It only came on during the summer so it was hard to remember. Of course Shannen is way more famous. Most people just know her from that Full house.

txgirl75

[180]May 26, 2008
    • level: 23
    I remember Shannen being on little house on the prarie and our house and 90210 of course. She's done alot of movies. Lori has done 2 tv shows that we know of and a movie or 2. I never seen her and Shannen on anything together so that don't really give her rights to put down Shannen.