Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Oopsies game

Geminigirl24

[81]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    I never got the feeling that Brandon 'hated' Emily, even after the U4EA incident. Remember, even though he was upset by what she'd done, he didn't let on to anyone else that she was the one who put the drug in his drink, and he swore Brenda to secrecy about it. And when he went to visit her in the hospital he even gave her his favorite shirt! I always thought he still had feelings for her, and was sorry the whole U4EA thing happened and forced him to break up with her. As for wanting to see her again after all that time had passed, all I can say is I think that's happened to most of us, at least once. I know it's happened to me; you see someone who looks like a person from your past, or you hear a song or see a picture, etc, that reminds you of that person and all of sudden a flood of memories comes rushing over you. Unfortunately, or not, I have not had the experience of actually running into the person I'm reminicing about right after thinking about them. I guess I'll have to have a word with my script writers about that!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[82]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 32
    "AHN-DREA" lol

Okay...I used to kind of like Andrea. Was she my favorite? No. Was she self-righteous and annoying? Yes. But I liked that she was trying to make her way in the world, and trying to go into Yale on her own (with barely any financial means) and I could take her over Kelly.

In season 4, she did a 180, and I cant stand it. I found her going out with a teacher very out of character, her suddenly wanting to not move to Yale was out of character (yes I know her grandma was sick but come on she could take her with her lol and she seemed fine at the end), she gets married in city hall (WTF?), get pregnant (I know its because she was in real life but..if it came to just shooting around her and not being pregnant on the show Id rather have that), and then to top it all off, wants an ABORTION?! what the hell is going on? Isnt the same 'always wants to do the right thing' Andrea?? And then when Brenda wants to release all of the cats from the research lab and Andrea has a big problem with it for whatever reason shes like well these cats help in research against Sids so that babies like mine dont have to worry about it, which I understand, but I wanted to scream at the tv "Yea the same baby you wanted to abort 2 months ago?!" I dont mean to get into a pro life/choice debate, its just about how hypocritical shes being. They shouldve written her off the show after s3 and had her come back every once in a while like she does now..and have Jesse be someone she met at Yale, so she found her true love in college there, that wouldve been better and easier to believe.

LAWelk

[83]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 10

stellarchick86 wrote:
    "AHN-DREA" lol Okay...I used to kind of like Andrea. Was she my favorite? No. Was she self-righteous and annoying? Yes. But I liked that she was trying to make her way in the world, and trying to go into Yale on her own (with barely any financial means) and I could take her over Kelly. In season 4, she did a 180, and I cant stand it. I found her going out with a teacher very out of character, her suddenly wanting to not move to Yale was out of character (yes I know her grandma was sick but come on she could take her with her lol and she seemed fine at the end), she gets married in city hall (WTF?), get pregnant (I know its because she was in real life but..if it came to just shooting around her and not being pregnant on the show Id rather have that), and then to top it all off, wants an ABORTION?! what the hell is going on? Isnt the same 'always wants to do the right thing' Andrea?? And then when Brenda wants to release all of the cats from the research lab and Andrea has a big problem with it for whatever reason shes like well these cats help in research against Sids so that babies like mine dont have to worry about it, which I understand, but I wanted to scream at the tv "Yea the same baby you wanted to abort 2 months ago?!" I dont mean to get into a pro life/choice debate, its just about how hypocritical shes being. They shouldve written her off the show after s3 and had her come back every once in a while like she does now..and have Jesse be someone she met at Yale, so she found her true love in college there, that wouldve been better and easier to believe.

stellarchick86 I so agree with you. Andrea in season four was grating. I hated her entire pregnancy story; and found it very out of character. She annoyed the heck out of me Plus, why did she have to have the cliched difficult delivery. Is the line "there are always miracles" standard for every doctor when the patient is pregnant.

I always thought they were really just grasping at very narrow staws with Andrea's character after season three. By the time season five came, they needed to pull the plug on Andrea...it became painful to watch. She couldn't leave soon enough.

BrendaW90210

[84]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    Ok I don't know if this counts as an "Oopsie" but I was just watching the episode "All this and Mary too" from Season 6 and it showed Donna at home all alone (Claire was skiing and Kelly was in rehab) talking on the phone WITH THE DOOR UNLOCKED!! It showed Joe just walk through the door. And Donna's back was facing the door too! Now you'd think after nearly being raped a year ago she would lock the door while she is home alone!!

stellarchick86

[85]Apr 15, 2008
    BrendaW90210 wrote:
    Ok I don't know if this counts as an "Oopsie" but I was just watching the episode "All this and Mary too" from Season 6 and it showed Donna at home all alone (Claire was skiing and Kelly was in rehab) talking on the phone WITH THE DOOR UNLOCKED!! It showed Joe just walk through the door. And Donna's back was facing the door too! Now you'd think after nearly being raped a year ago she would lock the door while she is home alone!!

Oh, yeah! Ive never come close to anything like that (THANK GOD) and I always lock the door, even if its daytime and I have people in the house with me..better to be safe than sorry. Id count that as an oopsies I think.

stellarchick86

[86]Jun 3, 2008

I have a question about whether I missed something or whether it was an oopsie. Ive been watching s7 on Soapnet and it was the whole Val pregnant with Kennys baby thing, and I just dont get something.

She went along with the notions of showing him a preg test and then going to get an abortion (and then chickened out) and then later on we find out she wasnt pregnant at all and she made it up so she could get money. First off, I thought it was pretty weird that she took the time to get a test and then took it if she wasnt pregnant, but he probably wouldve wanted proof and she also couldve lied about what the symbols indicated. Ive never taken one before, but some tests are different, for example- some rely on colors to explain and some have the little +/- symbol on there, so since she said "its blue if its positive which as you can see its blue" that part she can lie about and it can really be pink if its positive. If Kenny never looked at the instructions as to what colors was ACTUALLY what, then he can just assume shes telling the truth. The part I dont get is- why would she take the time out to go to get an abortion (you see her actually waiting there) if she lied about the whole thing to begin with?? If you lie to someone about being sick, they are not going to know whether you went to the doctors or not if they arent with you so you can always lie and say you did. Youre not goin to REALLY go if youre not. I feel like they just did that (showing her at the doctors office or whatever) so we can still assume shes pregnant, but she wouldnt do that if she really wasnt pregnant, so I feel like that was a major oopsie.

Does that make sense what Im saying? I just dont get it lol.

Edited on 06/03/2008 1:36am
    Edited 2 total times.

sheerwill

[87]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^ I don't think that was an oopsie. Val was waiting at the doctor's office but she didn't actually see the doctor. She just left after a while and lied to Kenny (who was waiting for her in the parking lot) that the doctor told her she was pregnant. Val pretending to have a doctor's appointment was just a part of her plan to convince Kenny that she was pregnant.

HeXxXeD

[88]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    sheerwill wrote:
    ^ I don't think that was an oopsie. Val was waiting at the doctor's office but she didn't actually see the doctor. She just left after a while and lied to Kenny (who was waiting for her in the parking lot) that the doctor told her she was pregnant. Val pretending to have a doctor's appointment was just a part of her plan to convince Kenny that she was pregnant.

haha gotta love Val!

stellarchick86

[89]Jun 3, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:

I didnt know that Kenny was in the parking lot..because remember he was supposed to go with her and then Kelly saw him at lunch and then Val said he backed out of going with her and then Kelly became suspicious that she didnt go. Then thats when she confessed to Kenny that she wasnt or whatever. So thats why I figured why would she go in, because he wasnt in the parking lot, because he probably didnt even know she had a doctors appointment.

Naley_Tvfan

[90]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    In the season two episode Pass/Not Pass when the teacher comes to Andrea's house she says that they are all alone because her mom went to the movies with her sister (that may not have been exactly what she said, but I'm positive she mentioned having a sister). In later episodes, Andrea never says anything about having any siblings. I could be wrong, but I always thought it was understood that she was an only child.
    Edited on 07/12/2008 10:30pm

stellarchick86

[91]Jul 13, 2008

From rubenjay1. If I put a - it just means IDK the answer or IDK if there really is an answer ok ?

1. david tells donna at their wedding he couldnt "picture a time when he wasnt in love with her", how about when he was a freshman when he was in love with his soon-to-be sister in law, kelly? ---

2. why didnt dylan bring back toni's kitten when he returned to 90210? IDK, maybe it died? Probably just a continuity issue.

3. if dylan's dad faked his death, how the hell did he get out of the car that was ON FIRE?

Thats a good question and I wondered it myself. That whole "Dylans dad actually being alive" thing was very weird and it seemed like they ran out of storylines and just added that at the end to make us all shocked and to be dramatic, but it was actually pretty stupid.

4. how was valerie out of cash by season 8 when she had blackmailed nearly everyone in town for cash?

The Kenny thing didnt work, she had to give the money back, she worked at the PPAD but it seemed like she was always complaining about it not bringing in enough $ so she did the whole Noah/lawsuit thing.

5. are kelly and brenda friends or not? in season 6 she tells her boyfriend needs to talk to brandon about what his sister in london way want for christmas, but since when is kelly friends with brenda again?

Youre supposed to assume theyre friends, Brenda pretty much forgave her for the whole Dylan thing and even though their relationship wasnt as strong as it used to be, theyre still technically friends.

6. how was it possible that david went from being 2 years younger than the group originally, to 1 year, to all of a sudden being the same age as them.

David was 2 years younger at first but then they "repeated" junior year twice because they werent ready for them to be seniors in the 2nd season, so then he became 1 year younger. Then he decided to take a bunch of summer school classes to catch up with the rest of them and graduate at the same time. He and Claire were always 1 or 2 years younger. The grades were just messed up, I think

7. why would claire give steve a hard time about losing his virginity to kelly and calling the group "incestual" when she managed to hook up with every guy in the group except for dylan?

Good point, but I think she was just weirded out because Kelly was her friend. I love Claire, but she always complained alot anyway, so I think that was just another thing to complain about. And I dont think she ever slept with Brandon, just wanted to.

8. why did emily valentine NEVER call brandon back once she got back into the country when he said he would be waiting for her. and why did he just expect that she wasnt crazy anymore?

--- (continuity issue?)

9. why did jim and cindy never sell their house?

Because Brandon, Val and Steve lived in it. They were going to move into another apartment or something, but then their parents thought they should be able to live there since its partly their house too, so they decided not to sell.

10. why is valerie the slut in kelly's eyes for hooking up with david when she was going between best friends brandon and dylan, not to mention taking steve's virginity, and stealing dylan from brenda 3 years before?

Thats a whole other topic, and Kellys "houlier than thou"-ness. Everyone (ie the fans of the show) pretty much agree with this statement, but Kelly always thought she WASNT a slut and no one else really in the group did either, or at least didnt express it. Theres an episode where she realizes she gives Val a hard time and she isnt any better when they all go on a roadtrip and get stuck at a place where nuns live.

11. did brenda stay in london for the WHOLE show? and if so, why would she stay there if she goal was to be an actress? wouldnt she of wanted to go back to LA?

She was going to go just for the summer and come back, but Shannen Doherty didnt want to come back, so they decided to just have her stay there.

12. whatever happened to the black family vivica a. fox was apart of that lived down the street from walsh's?

Thats just a continuity issue..alot of shows dont show their neighbors in EVERY episode, so I can understand it.

13. why did steve offer dylan a drink when he comes back to town? did he forget that dylan has a history with alcohol since he was a teenager?

another weird continuty issue I think, its been brought up before.

14. so if valeria kept having dreams about walking in on her father dead, was that her conscience getting to her or was she lying considering she was the one that killed him and he didnt commit suicide?

That whole thing was another messed up storyline like the Dylan dad thing, at first you assume he killed himself so they film it accordingly, and then all of a sudden she killed him.

15. what happened to all of kelly's scares from the fire? Well she had that skin graffing thing to get rid of it. Its another continuty issue. Anyone else would have scars for the rest of their life, but not precious perfect Kelly Taylor. Anything else? lol

Edited on 07/12/2008 11:20pm

HeXxXeD

[92]Jul 13, 2008

number 14 made since. Val was a sociopath. sometimes when sociopaths lie they begin to believe themselves and could sometimes pass polygraphs because they are so good. It is very possible that Val killed her dad and then covered it over like she never did it and told herself throughout all those years that she never killed him. He killed himself. and she believed herself. until David pushed her further and further until giving up the truth.

15 it is very possible to have skin to regrow over the burnt skin and you would look as good as new. I have heard certain cases of people with serious burns who gained their skin back and looked the same before the burning had took place.

Edited on 07/13/2008 12:31am

stellarchick86

[93]Jul 13, 2008
    HeXxXeD wrote:

number 14 made since. Val was a sociopath. sometimes when sociopaths lie they begin to believe themselves and could sometimes pass polygraphs because they are so good. It is very possible that Val killed her dad and then covered it over like she never did it and told herself throughout all those years that she never killed him. He killed himself. and she believed herself. until David pushed her further and further until giving up the truth.

15 it is very possible to have skin to regrow over the burnt skin and you would look as good as new. I have heard certain cases of people with serious burns who gained their skin back and looked the same before the burning had took place.

Well I dont mean that Val couldnt have killed him and then made it sound like she didnt know it was true and all that, because I did believe she did it and believe that she couldve easily covered it up (basically what you said) what I meant was how the story was portrayed and the camera angles and stuff. I mean if you killed someone in the bathroom I guess it would be, why would you dream about opening the door and seeing him already dead on the floor? Youd dream about killing him and him falling to the floor ya know what I mean? Maybe its jsut me.

DepthofField25

[94]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 19
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:

Well I dont mean that Val couldnt have killed him and then made it sound like she didnt know it was true and all that, because I did believe she did it and believe that she couldve easily covered it up (basically what you said) what I meant was how the story was portrayed and the camera angles and stuff. I mean if you killed someone in the bathroom I guess it would be, why would you dream about opening the door and seeing him already dead on the floor? Youd dream about killing him and him falling to the floor ya know what I mean? Maybe its jsut me.

I agree completely. Next to Jack McKay's "resurrection," this has to be the biggest plothole in 90210 history.

And Hexxed, I dunno, I think "sociopathic" is too extreme of a term to describe Val. Sure she did some severely effed up things but all stem from an incidence or incidences in her life. That's not to say that sociopathy can't develop from life experiences but you've got to be pretty messed up to be deemd a sociopath. Moreover, as stellar said the whole way the episode went where Val was having her dreams it was portrayed as if her father committed suicide. You'd be really stretching it to explain away those scenes...

HeXxXeD

[96]Jul 13, 2008
    DepthofField25 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:

I agree completely. Next to Jack McKay's "resurrection," this has to be the biggest plothole in 90210 history.

And Hexxed, I dunno, I think "sociopathic" is too extreme of a term to describe Val. Sure she did some severely effed up things but all stem from an incidence or incidences in her life. That's not to say that sociopathy can't develop from life experiences but you've got to be pretty messed up to be deemd a sociopath. Moreover, as stellar said the whole way the episode went where Val was having her dreams it was portrayed as if her father committed suicide. You'd be really stretching it to explain away those scenes...

well im assuming that you know what a sociopath is. and if you watched every episode of 90210 with Val and watched all the schemed plots, skankyness, conniving/manipulative behavior, betrayal, no remorse for her bad-ness, seeming to have a little bit of a conscience but not really when she wants to make a victim, most of the time she has a incapacity of love, lies so much that often she believes her own lies (like the murder of her father/ claimed it was suicide but she really killed him and she believed her own lie and went about it). I think that is what the writers were aiming to make her character a sociopath. i also did research on children who were molested at a younger age and most of them gain a mid/or above percentile of sociopath/psycho-path tendencies. and the reason that she would have dreams of her father's suicide is because sociopaths tend to have lying skills. sociopaths can lie so good that they can pass lie detector tests. and most of them lie so often that they believe their own lies and that could explain why she had those dreams she kept telling herself that he killed himself when she really murdered him and after a while of telling herself that lie her mind believed it

luvmehatme

[97]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    LAWelk wrote:

There are two things that bug me, and really they are somewhat petty, but nevertheless, they still irritate me.

The first is in season 5, Unreal World. Kelly gets off the phone with her mother, who has informed Kelly that she is getting back with Mel. Kelly says, "how can he take her back?" It sounds to me like she meant to say, how can she take him back, but she clearly fumbled the line.

The other is in Season 8, The Way We Weren't. Donna is taking Mrs. Schulze's dog Goliath to the vet and talking to Kelly on the phone telling her that "yes, she plans on coming by later". Which of course wouldn't be weird except for the fact that Kelly has amnesia.

I never thought much about this because I think that it was more about Kelly being drunk when she said that. I too noticed that Valerie had two siblings when she first showed up and none later on in the show.

The other thing I hated was how In like episode 2, Dylan called his "Parents" in France and told the operator that they need to call "Their son" back. Yeah, like Jack and Iris wouled EVER be in the same room together! Then he talks about is how his dad went married a woman that hated him when he was younger. Huh?

Edited on 10/02/2008 7:53pm

ILUVSCOFIELD

[98]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 9

I just thought about this and it's a bit annoying. The plot of the show focused on the twins and fam in BH right? But if Brenda and Brandon were supposed to be main characters, how come they were NEVER shown celebrating a birthday? Everyone else has been shown celebrating at least one B-Day (and in Kelly's case several), but not them or Andrea. This seemed like an oopsie to me.

HeXxXeD

[99]Oct 11, 2008
    because Kelly always tends to be the center of everyone's god-forsaken lives God i Hate her.
    Edited on 10/11/2008 11:52am

stellarchick86

[100]Oct 17, 2008
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    because Kelly always tends to be the center of everyone's god-forsaken lives God i Hate her.

Lol.

Thats a good point about the b-days..I didnt even think about that. I guess its just plot contrivance or something...Ryan and Summer had bdays on The OC yet Seth and Marissa didnt even though they were just as main of a character as R and S (if not more, I always thought of Summer as the "least main"). So they just didnt really have a good storyline to go along with it so they didnt bother, I guess..Plus Brenda left after s4 so it was harder to do it for her. IDK..Im just coming up with some sort of answer lol

But I will agree with the Kelly thing, no one cared yet she had like 50!

Edited on 10/16/2008 11:47pm