FOX (ended 2000)

Rank The Characters

HeXxXeD

[21]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    sheerwill wrote:

HeXxXeD wrote:
    12. Brandon 13. Dylan 14. Kelly

Wow, 3 of the originals are right at the bottom of your list! Lower than Matt and Noah! I didn't know you hated them that much, lol.

oh yea! i made the mistake of placing Dylan above Kelly but it doesn't matter they both annoy me about the same amount! i can't stand Kelly and i can't stand Dylan. They've had their moments when i liked them but it was usually over pity. I enjoyed Dylan from seasons 1-2 and 4 (some of 5) but other than that HATED HIM!. Kelly only got pity from me. and don't even get me started on Mr. Goody Two Shoes Brandon... *Barf*. it's weird tough because i like K/B together, I just don't like their characters lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DepthofField25

[22]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 19
    1. David -- When I got into this show I instantly gravitated towards him, mainly because he's so damn sexy, haha. So no matter how much of a jerk he is, I'll still always love the character.
    2. Brenda -- What can I say about her other than the fact that she pretty much ran the show?
    3. Valerie -- Complex, well-developed character that somehow was very relatable. It really says a lot when an audience is able to latch onto the token "villain" amongst a show full of "angels." Because really, the girl has done some pretty messed up things yet she remains a very popular character.
    4. Brandon -- I used to like him a lot more but I've realized just how self-righteous he is
    5. Dylan -- The James Dean of the '90s. Oh yeah.
    6. Claire -- She was annoying in season 5 but then when we actually got a sense of her real character I found her endearing. Very self-righteous in a Brandon-like way but also incredibly entertaining.
    7. Kelly -- I don't really have much of an opinion on her. She was and wasn't a b!tch. I dunno, I'm sort of neutral with her but also rank her fairly high because she was involved in some of the best storylines the show had.
    8. Steve -- I liked his humor and carpe diem-esque attitude but he was a perpetual eff-up that only started to mature when he knocked up Janet. Plus, he screwed over his friends a lot (e.g. Brandon, Kelly, Brenda).
    9. Donna -- The only good thing about this girl is that she always managed to bring home some serious eye candy. Cliff, David, Noah (I guess), Joe, and hell, even D'Shawn Hardell. Ray and Wayne, not so much...
    10. Cindy -- I wish my mom was that cool! I guess...
    11. Jesse -- The only two things cool about this guy is that he used to bartend and knows where to get the best burritos in LA
    12. Andrea -- Well I guess the show has to have at least one annoying character that likes to stick their nose in everyone's business...
    13. Jim -- Prototypical hypocritical dad that lets the male child get away with everything while the female is dealt with sternly
    14. Ray -- If anything the guy provided for a lot of cringe-worthy moments with his beau Donna. Ya know, telling her to cover up, throwing her down the stairs, storming off all the time, and breaking sh!t.
    15. Carly -- Nothing against the girl but she was just boring to me. Her house was cute though.
    16. Noah -- Dylan and the porsche were so much cooler than him and his lousy boat. I wish he had died that time he was kidnapped or whatever the hell happened.
    17. Janet -- A sweet character but Steve's heart only belongs to one person and that's Claire Arnold!
    18. Gina -- Val called, she wants her role back
    19. Matt -- Apparently this guy did not realize there's only one Brandon Walsh that belongs in Beverly Hills

degrassi_lover

[23]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 21
    DepthofField25 wrote:
    1. David -- When I got into this show I instantly gravitated towards him, mainly because he's so damn sexy, haha. So no matter how much of a jerk he is, I'll still always love the character.
    2. Brenda -- What can I say about her other than the fact that she pretty much ran the show?
    3. Valerie -- Complex, well-developed character that somehow was very relatable. It really says a lot when an audience is able to latch onto the token "villain" amongst a show full of "angels." Because really, the girl has done some pretty messed up things yet she remains a very popular character.
    4. Brandon -- I used to like him a lot more but I've realized just how self-righteous he is
    5. Dylan -- The James Dean of the '90s. Oh yeah.
    6. Claire -- She was annoying in season 5 but then when we actually got a sense of her real character I found her endearing. Very self-righteous in a Brandon-like way but also incredibly entertaining.
    7. Kelly -- I don't really have much of an opinion on her. She was and wasn't a b!tch. I dunno, I'm sort of neutral with her but also rank her fairly high because she was involved in some of the best storylines the show had.
    8. Steve -- I liked his humor and carpe diem-esque attitude but he was a perpetual eff-up that only started to mature when he knocked up Janet. Plus, he screwed over his friends a lot (e.g. Brandon, Kelly, Brenda).
    9. Donna -- The only good thing about this girl is that she always managed to bring home some serious eye candy. Cliff, David, Noah (I guess), Joe, and hell, even D'Shawn Hardell. Ray and Wayne, not so much...
    10. Cindy -- I wish my mom was that cool! I guess...
    11. Jesse -- The only two things cool about this guy is that he used to bartend and knows where to get the best burritos in LA
    12. Andrea -- Well I guess the show has to have at least one annoying character that likes to stick their nose in everyone's business...
    13. Jim -- Prototypical hypocritical dad that lets the male child get away with everything while the female is dealt with sternly
    14. Ray -- If anything the guy provided for a lot of cringe-worthy moments with his beau Donna. Ya know, telling her to cover up, throwing her down the stairs, storming off all the time, and breaking sh!t.
    15. Carly -- Nothing against the girl but she was just boring to me. Her house was cute though.
    16. Noah -- Dylan and the porsche were so much cooler than him and his lousy boat. I wish he had died that time he was kidnapped or whatever the hell happened.
    17. Janet -- A sweet character but Steve's heart only belongs to one person and that's Claire Arnold!
    18. Gina -- Val called, she wants her role back
    19. Matt -- Apparently this guy did not realize there's only one Brandon Walsh that belongs in Beverly Hills

I loved Gina

HeXxXeD

[24]Jul 17, 2008
    me too. her character is soo underrated it isn't even funny. and she was barely like Val.
    Edited on 07/17/2008 9:29pm

degrassi_lover

[25]Jul 18, 2008
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    me too. her character is soo underrated it isn't even funny. and she was barely like Val.

I agree. Val IMO was made out to be the bad girl. But with Gina I found she was much more b*tchier. Besides, Valerie sometimes played games. Gina was straight forward.

DepthofField25

[26]Jul 18, 2008
    ^^Besides overall hating Val 2.0 I just hated the way Vanessa Marcil acted. She'd like talk all fast in this sort of deep and slightly monotone voice as if she had a little bit of phlegm left in her throat after just getting over a cold. Lol, I dunno if that's really the best way to describe her, but I just can't stand her attitude and physical mannerisms.

HeXxXeD

[27]Jul 18, 2008
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:

I agree. Val IMO was made out to be the bad girl. But with Gina I found she was much more b*tchier. Besides, Valerie sometimes played games. Gina was straight forward.

IA. Gina was only upset that Donna was always first and Gina envied that(Val just hated Donna. Period.). Gina wasn't one to beat around the bush, she would just tell it how it is and how she feels (different from Val because most of the time she was secretive). Gina was NEVER intentionally mean to anyone who has not done her harm (Val didn't give a f*** about no one). Gina was never (as) manipulative/conniving as Val. Most important she was not made to be "Val 2.0" she was just a replacement of Val's. Gina IMHO was more like Brenda than Val. Aaron just needed a new character after Val left and invented Gina for Vanessa Marcil. I doubt that he wanted her to be the "Val 2.0" just another Brunette. and if people can look at Gina this way then they can definitely look at Val as "Brenda 2.0" because if you dropped the Molestation storyline from Val's character im sure she would be just like Brenda. or if Brenda would have stayed she would have been just like Val sooner or later. you must remember that in the early years of 90210 Brenda was the original "Bad Girl". producers even made that their intention for Brenda especially in seasons 2-4.

degrassi_lover

[28]Jul 18, 2008

^Agree

Depth, from what I remember Vanessa looked pretty damn good lol. Now I even believe she somewhat looks like Eva Longoria. But I could be wrong?

I loved how Gina twisted things up. Her arrival and the twist with Donna and Gina being siblings was pretty damn trippy. Like Valerie, they both stirred the pot and made several episodes much more interesting. But to compare either character, I would go with Gina. After that twist I fell in love with her lol.

DepthofField25

[29]Jul 18, 2008

HeXxXeD wrote:
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    IA. Gina was only upset that Donna was always first and Gina envied that(Val just hated Donna. Period.). Gina wasn't one to beat around the bush, she would just tell it how it is and how she feels (different from Val because most of the time she was secretive). Gina was NEVER intentionally mean to anyone who has not done her harm (Val didn't give a f*** about no one). Gina was never (as) manipulative/conniving as Val. Most important she was not made to be "Val 2.0" she was just a replacement of Val's. Gina IMHO was more like Brenda than Val. Aaron just needed a new character after Val left and invented Gina for Vanessa Marcil. I doubt that he wanted her to be the "Val 2.0" just another Brunette. and if people can look at Gina this way then they can definitely look at Val as "Brenda 2.0" because if you dropped the Molestation storyline from Val's character im sure she would be just like Brenda. or if Brenda would have stayed she would have been just like Val sooner or later. you must remember that in the early years of 90210 Brenda was the original "Bad Girl". producers even made that their intention for Brenda especially in seasons 2-4.

I wouldn't call Val "Brenda 2.0." Brenda was definitely the original b*tch of 90210 but the difference is that I'd say she was inherently b*tchy. What I mean is that she'd try to repress her true feelings but they'd still come out (e.g. slapping Andrea, yelling at her parents about Dylan, telling Kelly off). At first she'd feel a little bad about her behavior but then as the seasons progressed, that blatant b*tchiness became a part of of her personality. She was still warmhearted and had the best of intentions but this aspect of her definitely made her human.

I don't believe Val on the other hand is inherently b*tchy. Her negative attitude was molded out of her past and that's why she treated everyone horribly at one point or another. So while Brenda started to own her b*tchiness, Val struggled to get past it and become a better person.

Thus, even though Val was brought in to replace Brenda, she cannot be considered a "Val 2.0" because her personality, issues, and struggles were completely different. Moreover, when she came in the tone of the show started to change. Good or bad, that's a matter of opinion but to me that's indicative of them being completely different.

I'll explain how Gina is Val 2.0 a little later but I gotta go -- being called by the friends right now!

HeXxXeD

[30]Jul 18, 2008
    ^^^ haha ok. i will wait lol. i get your statements they are very valid and conservative btw.

stellarchick86

[31]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 32
    DepthofField25 wrote:

HeXxXeD wrote:
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:

I wouldn't call Val "Brenda 2.0." Brenda was definitely the original b*tch of 90210 but the difference is that I'd say she was inherently b*tchy. What I mean is that she'd try to repress her true feelings but they'd still come out (e.g. slapping Andrea, yelling at her parents about Dylan, telling Kelly off). At first she'd feel a little bad about her behavior but then as the seasons progressed, that blatant b*tchiness became a part of of her personality. She was still warmhearted and had the best of intentions but this aspect of her definitely made her human.

I don't believe Val on the other hand is inherently b*tchy. Her negative attitude was molded out of her past and that's why she treated everyone horribly at one point or another. So while Brenda started to own her b*tchiness, Val struggled to get past it and become a better person.

Thus, even though Val was brought in to replace Brenda, she cannot be considered a "Val 2.0" because her personality, issues, and struggles were completely different. Moreover, when she came in the tone of the show started to change. Good or bad, that's a matter of opinion but to me that's indicative of them being completely different.

I'll explain how Gina is Val 2.0 a little later but I gotta go -- being called by the friends right now!

I agree. Thats why I never saw Val as Brenda 2.0 either. If Brenda just went off on Kelly after the whole Dylan thing (which I think she mayve? I cant remember), shed feel bad about it later and pretty much say sorry to Kelly. Val never apologized for her actions and if she did, which I dont think she really did, it was because the other person did it first (like when she left to go back to NY and had a talk with Kelly beforehand). But in general, she got off on being a b!tch to people.