Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Season 5 DVDs

robinepowell

[1]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 63

Mark your calenders - July 29th.

quote: We've added a news item for "Beverly Hills, 90210" to the site. Here it is:

Tiffani Thiessen Joins the Cast of 90210, as 5th Season DVDs are Announced! - 12:59 PM 4/14/2008 "Beverly Hills, 90210 - The Complete 5th Season" has been announced for DVD, and we've got all the available info for you in the TVShowsOnDVD News! www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=9390

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Beverly Hills, 90210" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information". TVShowsOnDVD.com - http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com /quote

Edited on 04/14/2008 4:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 32
    Well, thats cool. Ive been watching s5 on Soapnet and its actually pretty good. It was also amazing how much theyve changed from s4-s5. Normally the premiere episodes everyones changes were only slight, but with s5 they had more 'drastic' haircuts and stuff like that. I guess its because there were no summer episodes so they had time off and stuff.

robinepowell

[3]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 63
    I'm surprised that they announced Season 5 before Seaosn 4 has come out.

Chad_Cronin

[4]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 15
    I like that it's only 3 months later! I hope that means they are gonna start being on a 3 month cycle. If so that would mean the 6th season at the end of October, 7th end of Jan, 8 next april, 9 july 09, and 10 oct 09. That would be awesome to get them all before next year is over!

HeXxXeD

[5]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 17
    yes! my collection is 3 more seasons until completion! although im thinking of purchasing season 9 because Gina rules!

arkhyel

[6]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 37
    That's good news. I'm actually waiting for seasons 6 & 7 and now I have some hope that it might be the next fall when they are released.

heroesfan07

[7]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 21
    I am seriously considering buyin the box sets it looks like a really good teen drama. I love my teen dramas The O.C.,Dawson's Creek and things like that.

HeXxXeD

[8]Apr 16, 2008
    Early Box Art
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Beverly-Hills-90210-Season-5-Box-Art/9403

dool_girl

[9]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 27
    Wow well atleast for once the picture on the box set is actually from the season

Im SO EXCITED for season 5!!! It is most definitly one of my favorites. While its sad to see Brenda gone I love the addition of Val!!!

HeXxXeD

[10]Apr 18, 2008
    dool_girl wrote:
    Wow well atleast for once the picture on the box set is actually from the season

Im SO EXCITED for season 5!!! It is most definitly one of my favorites. While its sad to see Brenda gone I love the addition of Val!!!

I totally agree!

stellarchick86

[11]Apr 30, 2008
    Ive been watching s5 on soapnet and its definetly a downgrade from s4...s4 was definetly better even if it didnt have Val (I cant figure out which one I liked better Brenda or Val, I wish they had a season with the 2 of them thatd be the best). S5 focuses too much on school stuff, it had Ray in it, boring storylines, and I didnt like how Mel/Jackie got back together, very unrealistic. The only episode I really liked, for some reason, was Up In Flames. The one where Dylan/Val go to Mexico was pretty good too.. Everything else has been eh.

sheerwill

[12]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^ Wow, I'm feeling the opposite of you. I'm liking Season 5 more and more. I used to rank Season 4 as my favorite, but now I think Season 5 might be. I just love Brandon and Kelly together! Their scenes are very sweet! I agree with you about Val and Brenda. I wish we got to see both of them together in the same season too!

stellarchick86

[13]Apr 30, 2008
    B/K are very cute together, WHEN they are together. I havent seen much of an episode that had them together a whole lot since Mr Walsh Goes..in s4 and there was one episode, I forget which one, that Kelly wasnt in at all (very unlike 90210). I havent seen all of s5 yet but what I have seen Id give like 7/10. If they had B/K in s4 instead of D/K thatd be the best.

sheerwill

[14]Apr 30, 2008

^ I think there were actually two episodes that Kelly wasn't in at all during Season 5 - each of the last two days on Soapnet. I wish there were more B/K scenes in S5. But, I think it's that way for all of the couples. There's so much going on with each person in the gang, they only have a few scenes to focus on the actual relationships. A lot of emphasis goes into the buildup, but once the couple gets into a relationship, the other characters start to get focused on more to even things out I guess. I think it's been that way since Season 2. I remember thinking there should've been more Dylan/Brenda scenes as well.

One thing that's very different about this season (besides Brenda's absence) is the decreased emphasis on the Walsh parents. They barely have any scenes at all and are slowly being phased out.

Edited on 04/30/2008 4:10am

stellarchick86

[15]Apr 30, 2008
    sheerwill wrote:

^ I think there were actually two episodes that Kelly wasn't in at all during Season 5 - each of the last two days on Soapnet. I wish there were more B/K scenes in S5. But, I think it's that way for all of the couples. There's so much going on with each person in the gang, they only have a few scenes to focus on the actual relationships. A lot of emphasis goes into the buildup, but once the couple gets into a relationship, the other characters start to get focused on more to even things out I guess. I think it's been that way since Season 2. I remember thinking there should've been more Dylan/Brenda scenes as well.

One thing that's very different about this season (besides Brenda's absence) is the decreased emphasis on the Walsh parents. They barely have any scenes at all and are slowly being phased out.

I totally agree with everything you just said. Is it season 6 that they moved to China? I saw season 7 I believe it was and they were already gone. And yeah I like b/k when they are actually together but I havent really been able to get into them..I know they get more into it later on with the whole B/D/K thing and the 'i choose me' crap. But I feel like this season its focused mainly on Dylan/Val, Ray/Donna and Claire/David more than the main couple- B/K!

sheerwill

[16]Apr 30, 2008
    They move to Hong Kong at the end of Season 5. So the Walsh parents aren't there in Season 6, except Cindy makes an appearance once.

I think there is more emphasis on B/K in Seasons 7 and 8 than there is in Season 5. I agree about Dylan/Val having the most focus in Season 5, which is understandable because Val is new and they want to develop her character. But I don't think Ray/Donna and David/Clare are focused more than B/K. In the last few episodes on Soapnet, yes. But not overall imo.

stellarchick86

[17]May 1, 2008

sheerwill wrote:
    They move to Hong Kong at the end of Season 5. So the Walsh parents aren't there in Season 6, except Cindy makes an appearance once. I think there is more emphasis on B/K in Seasons 7 and 8 than there is in Season 5. I agree about Dylan/Val having the most focus in Season 5, which is understandable because Val is new and they want to develop her character. But I don't think Ray/Donna and David/Clare are focused more than B/K. In the last few episodes on Soapnet, yes. But not overall imo.

Really? I always kind of thought they had more since it seemed Brandon was busy on his own, so he didnt have much B/K scenes, since it seems s5 was focused so much on school crap that Brandon had to be a part of like Prof Finley, the raper on campus, wanting to be school pres (that was s5 right?), and there were a few other things I think too but cant think of what. S7 and S8 definetly had more B/K time.

Edited on 05/01/2008 2:35pm

sheerwill

[18]May 1, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:
    it seems s5 was focused so much on school crap that Brandon had to be a part of like Prof Finley, the raper on campus, wanting to be school pres (that was s5 right?),

Yeah, all of that was in S5. A lot of stuff going on in that season.

Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the S5 triangle more than the S3 one? At least the S3 triangle had an interesting storyline and was juicy. I can't say the same for the one in late S5. I watched "The Real McCoy" and the "I Choose Me" episodes again today, and they annoy me to no end. The hypnosis thing was really stupid. So unrealistic and cheesy. Dylan was insane for believing that crap about regression. I always feel bad for Brandon in the "I choose me" episode. I laugh when Dylan talks about his "connection" to Kelly when Brandon shows up at his house. The dark music playing in the background in that scene just makes Dylan look evil IMO. "I choose me" has got to be jump the shark moment, LOL.

Edited on 05/01/2008 8:05pm

stellarchick86

[19]May 1, 2008
    I saw TRM today and thought this is the most stupid thing ever. I fastforwarded through most of the Dylan stuff. So it pretty much left Val/Donna/Claire/David having problems with eachother and more school stuff with Brandon, like the rest of season 5 has been. I really hate the whole hypnosis thing, it seems every season they cant come up with a storyline for Dylan and this is the worst one. When I see the 'I choose me' episode I will say what I think...I think I have it on my tivo.

Semmaluver

[20]May 6, 2008
    yaaaaaaaaay!!!!! im so excited now i can add that to my collection...one quick thing about the box art though....how is it that Kelly and Brandon arent together???hello they are actually a couple in this season? and they pair her w/Dylan! (sorry for the venting)