Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Season 5 DVDs

HeXxXeD

[21]May 7, 2008
    • level: 17
    Semmaluver wrote:
    yaaaaaaaaay!!!!! im so excited now i can add that to my collection...one quick thing about the box art though....how is it that Kelly and Brandon arent together???hello they are actually a couple in this season? and they pair her w/Dylan! (sorry for the venting)
    i felt the same way
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

robinepowell

[22]May 10, 2008
    • level: 63

Here's the official artwork for Season 5. Which btw, looks very similar to a couple of magazine posters I had from the time/season.

:
    We've added a news item for "Beverly Hills, 90210" to the site. Here it is:

Final Package Art for the 5th Season Set! - 6:55 PM 5/10/2008 The finished box art has arrived for "Beverly Hills, 90210 - The Complete 5th Season", and we've got it for you in the TVShowsOnDVD News! www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=9583

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Beverly Hills, 90210" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".
    TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.tvshowsondvd.com/

Chad_Cronin

[23]May 10, 2008
    • level: 15
    I get to watch my 4th season dvd and get news about Jennie and the 5th cover art all on the same day, I'm in heaven! I like this new art better. It meshes better with the 4th season. Gabrielle doesn't have the smile that was weird on the early art and I like how they pulled out on the shot to show lower, it just looks better.

HeXxXeD

[24]May 11, 2008
    ^^^ yea i think this is one of the best covers yet

vicky24c

[25]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 24
    I am def. going to buy it.

HeXxXeD

[26]Jun 1, 2008
    So am i!

robinepowell

[27]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 63
    Back cover: http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=9852

HeXxXeD

[28]Jun 16, 2008
    AHHHH! ANY SPECIAL FEATURES?!

cwprincss

[29]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 6
    Does it bother any of you that the music in the shows aren't the original songs? To me, it kind of kills the show to have the music changed. I got my entire set from a tape trader instead of at the store. I bought the first season and all the songs were different and it ruined it for me. I didn't even finish the entire first season.

HeXxXeD

[30]Jun 17, 2008

cwprincss wrote:
    Does it bother any of you that the music in the shows aren't the original songs? To me, it kind of kills the show to have the music changed. I got my entire set from a tape trader instead of at the store. I bought the first season and all the songs were different and it ruined it for me. I didn't even finish the entire first season.

yea it bothered the hell out of me but i deal with it. the only real problem i had with the music was the fact that they had the nerve to change "Losing My Religion" to this cheap a$$ cheesy song and i was pissed. i think they are trying to save money to buy the rights for all of the upcoming performers' songs that were played at the PPAD

Edited on 06/16/2008 11:03pm

Chad_Cronin

[31]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    I think there is several types of fans. I would say most long-time fans that were with the show since the beginning are like me. We love the show, we recorded all the episodes on VHS and either still watch those or did til the tapes got old. We bought the home video releases of the graduation. I even had the pencil bag set and 90210 twister! I would buy any version they put out on DVD because I'm so into the show and it's about seeing the cast and the plot lines. To me there is a few songs that I remember, but I am so crazy that if it mattered I would just bring up the song on my computer and play it while watching, lol. Overall though, music is just something they do to be current at the time to make you think the show is cool, so in most cases it really doesn't matter. While I think sometimes it would be better to have no music than some of the overly-generic sounding stuff they put on, I would rather have altered than none. It's bad enough the wait has been this long. One thing I will add though is that I think many companies are extremely greedy. Money doesn't just come from shows buying the rights to air a small sample of your song. People will hear it and download it and talk about your music. I think you all should be happy you were on a cool show and would want to still be a part of it. It's a shame that just because DVD didn't exist at the time of agreements that you can use that to try and make a quick buck! I read that even the cast isn't getting money from these releases and they even turned up to the DVD premiere party. They know it will bring about new fans and help them perhaps get new jobs. I think the record industry sticks on how it's run. I know alot of artists even would prefer to keep their songs on old shows but due to contracts have no say on the business end of things, so I don't blame them, just the big companies. I try to support independent labels when I can because they are alot more flexible and were the first to offer non-drm mp3 downloads. I know this seems to be long-winded and somewhat off track, but to summerize I think that most companies are just about profit. I just know execs were sitting around thinking, "well if we do this right and make new masters of the shows video, upgrade the audio, and buy the music rights, that is gonna hurt our profits, so let's just not buy any music, and do a basic copy of the tapes sitting in our storage lot." While I think it sucks and wish they would have put more effort in, I think the cast and story outshines and is worth it to overlook the lacking.

InstantClubHits

[32]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 5

Yeah the season 5 set looks awesome. This is one of my favorite seasons. I remember when Kelly cut her hair and I LOVED it...definetely my favorite Kelly hair style. But I loved it mostly because of Tiffany. She was more like the people I knew in school....she smoked, she drank...loved the weed...and was a B****. Love love love it. It brought a realness to the show. All the characters (as diverse and real as they were) were missing what my friends and I saw on a daily basis. Girls who weren't blonde and sweet. I can't wait to get this set, and watch it over and over. YAY!!!!

HeXxXeD

[33]Jul 14, 2008
    im soooo excited for season 5! i saved up the money now just waiting away! 2 more weeks!!!

Naley_Tvfan

[34]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    I know some people were asking on other posts if they kept the original music for this season. Well I got my DVD set for season 5 in the mail and it doesn't say anything about music being edited, it just says "episodes appear in order of original airdates."
    Edited on 07/29/2008 4:44pm
    Edited 2 total times.

HeXxXeD

[35]Jul 29, 2008
    kool thanks for the info.!

benfit64646

[36]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    just got my season 5 dvd set and am kinda bummed that theres no special features....but im not bummed that they already announced season 6 for november 25....so theyre really pounding out with this show arent they.....oh and im only on season 3 close to then end tho...dylan jus found out his dad was released from jail with only servin 2 of a 10 year sentence!

InstantClubHits

[37]Jul 30, 2008

Just got mine today! About to start it, which is weird 'cause I'm in the middle of season 9 on soapnet...

HeXxXeD

[38]Jul 31, 2008
    ^^^ loved season 9. it was great i just finished it. i wish i can start watching my season 5 dvd. but it hasn't arrived yet and i just learned that it hasn't even shipped from amazon.com yet. grrr...

InstantClubHits

[39]Jul 31, 2008
    That totally sucks that ur set isn't there yet....season 9 is really interesting, it had been a while since I'd seen it. Loving Gina now, I was pretty harsh on her at first...but she's pretty complicated, and is a different kind of spin on Val....ANYWAY I'm only a couple episodes away from "Up In Flames"...one of my favorites. But I LOVED "Dreams Of Dylan McKay"...very dark, and strange...weird seeing Donna kiss Dylan though!!

HeXxXeD

[40]Jul 31, 2008
    awww! i can't wait. they shipped it earlier today after my post now so i will probably get it on saturday or sunday. i loved most of every eppy from season 5!. i loved season 9 as well. Gina is a very underrated character, she is like a Brenda and Val combo.